Healing Help on Heroic Blade Lord (10man)

90 Pandaren Monk
Hey guys. My guild is progressing through Heroic Blade Lord in HoF on 10man. I am looking for any tips and pointers anyone may have for this boss. I have been 2 healing the fight with another Disc Priest. Phase 1 typically isnt an issue, I have gotten that down, but I have been struggling to find an effective way to heal as a holy pally in Ph. 2. Only thing I can really think of is pop Holy Avenger and spam Holy Shock + Light of Dawn, but has limited options outside of that.

I just find it difficult to heal phase 2 effectively as pallies struggle as mobile healers. Although any tips or tricks anyone has to make the fight easier as a holy pally would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Edited by Colwynn on 2/6/2013 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
What is your raid comp? And are you using Light's Hammer?

I usually try to get a few full EFs on the raid right before he unleashes so that the HoTs are ticking during the storm. As soon as he drops us I Lights Hammer, HS, LoD and then the raid moves as a group down the tornados. (Its only 2 ticks but its worth the survivability)

I usually HS, LoD while our MW SCKs until about halfway where our Shaman then drops a HTT and all the healers, the warlock and our hunter take the warlock port to the others side.

Once at the end its HR, HS, HR LoD to get the group up to full. At 13% everyone except the tanks and the rogue, hop into the sides, I pop Devotion Aura and we shoot down to the other side, where I drop another Hammer, pop HA and go to town topping people off and tossing a few hammers at the boss.

This fight makes me cry like a baby. But here are the logs for our first Heroic kill.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0c7qifeibl08lis2/details/1/?s=4537&e=5028
Edited by Ceresc on 2/7/2013 5:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is my usual strategy for this fight.

As soon as we enter phase 2, I would do a couple of HR and LoD to get the raid health back up. Run and dodge tornadoes while hiting HS & LoD. Half way to the next platform, I pop Light Speed and bubble, and run straight through the tornadoes. I am always the first to reach the platform. Drop Light's Hammer, pop all CDs except Holy Avenger, and heal everybody back to full.

When the boss' health is down to 15% the other healer would leave for the other platform. I stay to keep the raid's health at full.

When the boss's health is down to 12%, the dps leave for the other platform, leaving me and the two tanks. I keep healing.

When the boss's health reach 10 percent, I would run with the two tanks to the next platform. I usually have beacon on myself. Pop Holy Avenger, and dodge tornadoes while hitting HS & LoD. Halfway through, pop Light Speed again and go Vrooooom Vroooom to the other platform.

With Light Speed and our bubble(s), we are the perfect healer for this fight.

Errata: I meant Speed of Light. Sorry about that.
Edited by Rasul on 2/7/2013 1:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Sorry for the late response, finally got back to my comp.

This already has been helpful. For our Raid Comp, our tanks are DK and Monk, Healers are Disc Priest and Holy Paladin, and DPS is Hunter, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior, Mage, and Shadow Priest. We have all buffs and debuffs covered.

I am currently not use Lights Hammer. Esp in phase 2 with everyone moving out of it asap I didn't think it was worth it, but I hadn't given it a shot yet. Will change that up.

Once at the end its HR, HS, HR LoD to get the group up to full. At 13% everyone except the tanks and the rogue, hop into the sides, I pop Devotion Aura and we shoot down to the other side, where I drop another Hammer, pop HA and go to town topping people off and tossing a few hammers at the boss.

Once I get settled at one end of the room, I am usually set, but getting there is sometimes an issue. Would you still suggest popping Devo Aura at that 11-12% mark when the raid splits to get to the other side? I had been popping it right at the start of the phase when we are trying to top everyone off.

Half way to the next platform, I pop Light Speed and bubble, and run straight through the tornadoes

This is especially helpful. I usually dont get caught by tornados, but I am always the last one to get to the end due to me stopping and healing every so often. I had been trying to find a better way to get to the end. We also have a lock portal that I am able to use to get me over there sooner.

When the boss's health is down to 12%, the dps leave for the other platform, leaving me and the two tanks. I keep healing.

This is exactly what we have been planning, but usually when we split at this point things tend to go downhill. But we have only made it to this point maybe 2 or 3 times.

Any other info anyone may have keep it coming. Thanks so far :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This is my usual strategy for this fight.

I pop Light Speed and bubble, and run straight through the tornadoes.

Does this actually work? I thought I had tried bubble and running through tornadoes before. I still got picked up but was immune to all the dmg. Did that around the first week that HoF was released though
Edited by Cölwyn on 2/7/2013 10:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/07/2013 10:54 PMPosted by Cölwyn
Does this actually work? I thought I had tried bubble and running through tornadoes before. I still got picked up but was immune to all the dmg. Did that around the first week that HoF was released though

Works like a charm. Also, I would suggest picking up Hand of Purity. Use it on Windstep targets, right before the vortex and unseening strike, so they will take significantly less damage when you are busy healing the raid. Save HoP for targets who has Windstep debuff and got targeted by unseening strike.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/07/2013 10:44 PMPosted by Cölwyn
This is exactly what we have been planning, but usually when we split at this point things tend to go downhill. But we have only made it to this point maybe 2 or 3 times.

Have your other healer leave well before 12%. Usually with us, by 15% the raid health is back to full, and you need only one healer to keep them at full. So my co-healer leave at 15% and the dps at 12%, and I leave with the tanks. With Holy Avenger up, you can alternate HS and 3 HoPo LoD. Or if less than 4 is within range, just EF them.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This has been very helpful. Thanks guys
Reply Quote
16 Gnome Warlock
I spec into Holy Prism rather than Light's Hammer on this fight. Light's Hammer is great once you reach the end of the gauntlet, but truthfully that part is not hard to heal anyway. The hard part is the healing while running. This is where Holy Prism is great. Plus Holy Prism is great to heal the person with Wind Step during the Blade Tempest (the spinny thing you have to run away from). And Holy Prism works fine in helping heal at the end of the gauntlet on each side and right after the Unseen Strike if you bounce it off the boss. It's really a great spell once you get used to it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]