Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Welcome to the latest Power Word: Discussion thread! In an attempt to keep threads from being deleted, we've been following in the footsteps of the Sentry Totem and Mangle: Bear (for those who don't know, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969937219#3 explains what I'm talking about) and making one thread that will last until cap.
The archive for the Power Word: Threads is here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123313812
To keep this thread from being locked or deleted, here are a few basic guidelines:
1. Everyone is welcome. Newbies, oldbies, lowbies, mains, alts, bank alts, non-priest alts. Everyone. As long as you're here to join a priest-based discussion, you're welcome.
2. Keep it civil, if not friendly. If you can't manage that, please stay out of the thread. We don't need or want drama. If you just got out of a heated discussion with someone, leave it at the door. Along the same vein, avoid badmouthing others in this thread.
3. This is as much priests talking to priests as it is priests talking about priests. I firmly believe our community is one of, if not the most welcoming on the forums. I'd like to learn more about the community on an individual level because of this. Both the Mangle: Bear and Sentry Totem series derail after the first few pages of each thread; I think this is fine.
4. Don't feed the trolls. If people make threads to complain about our discussion thread, just ignore them. If you must post, make a reasonable post explaining the benefits of community threads and leave it at that. Otherwise, we gain nothing and just make ourselves look bad to the moderators.
5. Can't get enough of the Priest community? Join us on IRC or in Vent!
6. Why aren't your in IRC yet? Gosh.
Thread Discussion: Our tier 15 is ugly.
Edited by Yunocchi on 1/31/2013 9:38 AM PST
Don't talk about butts in these threads. Apparently nobody likes them and thinks they're really stupid.
I hope Vixie pees in your moonwell. And I hope she stubs her pinkie toe really hard on the edge of it.
you should at least learn to spell if you're going to make posters, Elly!
I don't know much about this either. I don't do venting, personally. Not in the sense that others do. I like to jokingly complain about things that may inconvenience me but even if I don't like a person, I tend to not want to talk bad about them. I'm always trying to see things from a different perspective. I have no problem listening to others who want to vent, but the concept of doing it myself is... pretty foreign to me.
I don't know if all venting vilifies the perceived source... but often it is hard for people to separate what about the person or situation upsets them from the sheer fact that it does upset them. The best course of action you can take is to try to listen but also simultaneously try to steer them toward assessing what they can do personally to alleviate the stress the problem is causing them.
i wouldn't say this is always the case, sometimes it's just a cathartic process. it varies from person to person. i prefer to work out my problems or worries or grievances within my own head on long walks and at the gym!
e: pls every1 halp with ssd. thinking about getting one soon and maybe adding another hd too.
Edited by Tsilyi on 1/31/2013 12:18 PM PST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.