Anyone else watch "King of the Nerds" ?

That show by far is the most unique reality competition show i've seen!!

I love this show!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'd rather not watch people obviously paid to be geeky.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
No because of particular reasons, but it's entirely my point of view and I don't want to ruin it for you. :(

Edit: Unless you were being sarcastic, then I'll rip it apart!
Edited by Nevintsha on 2/1/2013 7:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I haven't seen it but what rosenivy said sums up why I have no interest. I am highly skeptical of any "reality" show.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Rogue
Well I wouldn't call it unique since it's basically Beauty and the Geek and the Ultimate Gamer with out the beauties and nothing but xbox games.

For a reality show it really isn't all that bad, and for the most part the people don't seem to be paid actors like other "reality" shows. I know Danielle (the pink haired girl) is Tradechat on youtube and Celeste is a real pro gamer so they do at least have some real nerds/geeks on the show. I can't really say much for the other people.

My only complaint is that they seem to have picked some of the most morally bankrupt people in the nerd/geek community, which is a shame because most nerds/geeks that I've met, outside of the internet of course, are some of the nicest people ever. I mean I understand that they want to win the money, but to me it seems like the main point of being on a reality game show such as this is to do it for the experience and have fun with it. Not to be a complete !@#$%^ and ruin the experience for everyone else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeeees.

I already know that one of the nerds is legitimate because I've been watching her youtube videos for a long time. Have you seen her wall and gaming station? And she majored in chemistry and biology.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
My only complaint is that they seem to have picked some of the most morally bankrupt people in the nerd/geek community, ... to be a complete !@#$%^ and ruin the experience for everyone else.

That describes just about any reality TV show ever. Usually they'll throw some straight-laced people in to keep the whole thing from looking too trashy, but there's always a heavy mix of backstabbers and drama-llamas.
Reply Quote
10 Night Elf Warrior
Yeeees.

I already know that one of the nerds is legitimate because I've been watching her youtube videos for a long time. Have you seen her wall and gaming station? And she majored in chemistry and biology.
*cough* Panser *cough* I think Metalhead culture is needed to be acknowlaged as well
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Rogue
No, it's one of the worst shows i watched in my life. I have many reasons for hating it. It either shows childhood mess ups that love showing how they're better than everyone else because they're "LOLNERDZ4LYFE" or just posers trying to fit in to the new nerd culture.
tl;dr they aren't nerds but know it all posers
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]