As a Healer....

90 Undead Mage
Does anyone else find it extremely annoying as hell when you are healing Flag Carriers (i.e. in WG, TP, EotS) and they run away from you (i.e. Rogue Sprints, Monk Rolls, Mage Blinks) and then blame you for not keeping them alive? XD
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Yes
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I mean, I dunno. It's like people lack confidence in their healers with battlegrounds. If that is the case, maybe I should question why I am healing you in the first place. Unfortunately, I cannot be that much of a jerk. :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
There is that, and then there are the times that they decide they don't feel like running and instead must try to kill everyone around them before moving forward. I want to tell them that my mana is NOT infinite, but they usually find out anyway when they finally die.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I know what you mean. Like when they are in the enemy flagroom and choose to waste time trying to fight players instead of getting the flag and getting out, allowing the other team to get your flag into the base and end up killing you both. -.-
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/02/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Lewkeiyu
Does anyone else find it extremely annoying as hell when you are healing Flag Carriers (i.e. in WG, TP, EotS) and they run away from you (i.e. Rogue Sprints, Monk Rolls, Mage Blinks) and then blame you for not keeping them alive? XD

Nope... I'll only be annoyed for a few seconds. The player ranging me will be stupid for the rest of his life.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
02/02/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Lewkeiyu

See, there's two sides to this story. When I run the flag in the open field, I take not of a few things. Does the other team have stealth classe, and if they do, are they stealthed? If not and there's an open field ahead of me, I'm going to tear off as fast as possible. Now if you as a healer decide to just waddle along, I lose patience quickly. If you can mount up and stay with me, I'm not going to wait for you to RP walk to me.

FCs that mindlessly run through the field aren't doing it right. But healers who aren't making an effort to stay with the FC, aren't doing it right either.
Edited by Esclamayshun on 2/2/2013 5:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
EJ
/blinks out of range of me while I'm casting a heal; dies.
"THESE HEALERS ARE SOOO BAD"
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
02/02/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Lewkeiyu
I know what you mean. Like when they are in the enemy flagroom and choose to waste time trying to fight players instead of getting the flag and getting out, allowing the other team to get your flag into the base and end up killing you both. -.-

I never understood this at all. Sometimes I get ticked off and just grab the flag myself and leave them all. Don't know of any other way to get them out of the enemy flag room, but most times they just stay and fight anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/02/2013 05:28 PMPosted by Esclamayshun

See, there's two sides to this story. When I run the flag in the open field, I take not of a few things. Does the other team have stealth classe, and if they do, are they stealthed? If not and there's an open field ahead of me, I'm going to tear off as fast as possible. Now if you as a healer decide to just waddle along, I lose patience quickly. If you can mount up and stay with me, I'm not going to wait for you to RP walk to me.

FCs that mindlessly run through the field aren't doing it right. But healers who aren't making an effort to stay with the FC, aren't doing it right either.

Indeed there are two sides of the story. I am mainly speaking when the FC has enemy players on them and they decide to panic then roll, sprint, or blink away.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I hate when I'm running a flag and the healer stands RIGHT next to me..it's like.."dude run ahead of me. Don't stand right next to me. At least give me room to intervene to you or heroic leap out of danger."
Reply Quote
"you're losing me please move"
"OMG HE DIDN'T EVEN HEAL ME WTF GUISE"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
When I was healing last season on my disc I would always run with the FC & yea a lot completely lacked situational awareness. I also have the "say sapped" addon & they would still keep running like a moron.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Not speaking on the right toon, so forgive me.

Healers should be a cherished commodity in any battleground, jealously guarded from the depraved attentions of the Alliance. If any of them refuse to peel vermin off of you, or do everything in their power to keep you alive, simply repeat the mantra my discipline priest uses when they start QQing about not getting healed. "My spells do not work on the incompetent."

Most of us dps, if we are doing our job right, aren't hollering at anyone. We're too busy keeping up the pressure, or hunting for something to kill.
Reply Quote
57 Orc Death Knight
Just lost a twin peaks bg, where some horde monk flag carrier in bad gear that did not want to pass the flag, completely ran away from his 3 *geared* healers in the flag room, because 3 alliance dropped down, ran outside to the front entrance of the horde base and cost us the game. We were up by 1 with like 2 minutes left in the game when this happened because we lacked the dps to do anything offensively, and the dude had 0 debuff stacks.

/facepalm
Edited by Sinistertwo on 2/3/2013 12:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
57 Orc Death Knight
When I was healing last season on my disc I would always run with the FC & yea a lot completely lacked situational awareness. I also have the "say sapped" addon & they would still keep running like a moron.

Oh yeah thats my favorite right there.

Or even if you are a healer but have ful mal and gemmed resil, and that 300k buffed lvl 90 player doesnt want to pass the flag to you.

I dont even heal him, I wait until he's JUST about to die, leap of faith, then start clicking in the background to pick the flag off his corpse when he drops it. Ive gotten so many flag caps doing this.

One last pet pieve of mine, when FC's don't sit on the flag cap. Ive had games where our offense downed their flag carrier 3 TIMES, but we never capped because our fc doesnt want to sit on cap point. Again Ive bailed out these guys so many times on my priest by sitting on cap myself and leap of faith them to the point, if we're all not CC'd that is with so many cc's in the game lol
Edited by Sinistertwo on 2/3/2013 12:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
It isn't that we try to run away, it's that when it's JUST a healer and someone who does those things (Rogue Sprints, Monk Rolls, Mage Blinks), we know your mana isn't infinite, and we know that we can't kill everyone, so our options are "stay and die" or "leave the healer to save themselves and hope we can find a larger group who can peel damage off of us."

More often than not, if we're running, it's because we don't want you to die. A small portion of us are just stupid and enter battlegrounds with "I like to lick windows, they taste like outside." as a battlecry.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]