is anyone gonna keep playing disc 5.2?

90 Draenei Priest
It depends on the new fights really. I find myself rolling all specs this tier anyways. So glad there are action bar savers.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Confirmed third target on glyphed binding heal is not a smart heal.

Edit: It appears to hit the closest thing to your target.

And I really do mean closest "thing" - it hits wild imps, mirror images...

How hard can it be to make these types of things (+atonement, eminence etc) only hit players or permanent pets?
Edited by Amabella on 2/11/2013 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/10/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Amabella

wat
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

*marks Glyph of Binding Heal off the list of worthwhile glyphs*

Meh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Oh dear lord. :/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/10/2013 11:15 PMPosted by Elethia

Oh dear lord. :/

Which begs the question...wth is the POINT of the glyph?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/10/2013 11:21 PMPosted by Tiriél

pvp --- not meant for pve

i thought this was obvious

this glyph is great for 3's/5's
Edited by Pandabearr on 2/11/2013 1:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

The patch continues as I predict :D
/say
/doom
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

How hard can it be to make these types of things (+atonement, eminence etc) only hit players or permanent pets?

Is that a joke? So basically you are increasing the mana cost of binding heal for the purpose of either overhealing or saving a bloodworm.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
It probably should ignore guardians, but if it were a smart heal it'd unequivocally increase the throughput and efficiency of the ability, which they tend to not have glyphs do anymore, at least for frequently used abilities. Well, unless there is virtually no damage and therefore no third target to heal at all.

Having the heal be smart would probably require the cost increase to be more than 50%, the same way the circle of healing glyph is more than a 20% mana cost increase.
Edited by Asthas on 2/11/2013 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think a lot of people were assuming it was supposed to be a ghetto AoE heal to offset the gutting of PoH.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I figured it was like Chain Heal :/

I've been disc in Wrath, Cata, and MoP. I was even disc/disc for pvp and pve when talent flipping was annoying as hell in a single spec. If I have to be benched for raiding so be it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/11/2013 01:45 AMPosted by Pandabearr

pvp --- not meant for pve

i thought this was obvious

this glyph is great for 3's/5's

No, it's not obvious. When it starts healing pets instead of a party member, I hope you think it's still great. The hugely increased mana cost is sure gonna help you in PvP, too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
No, it's not obvious. When it starts healing pets instead of a party member, I hope you think it's still great. The hugely increased mana cost is sure gonna help you in PvP, too.

5.2's buffs/nerfs is an indication to be a buff to disc PvP, and a nerf to disc PvE. binding heal glyph was an obvious buff to PvP as it now has more viability in arena, where it actually matters to dispel pets.

i hope that idea was at least obvious?

other priest friends are trying pvp disc on ptr and told me they weren't having mana issues (not as bad as 5.1) so no, the mana cost shouldn't be a problem. some are even going disc in arenas as we speak to prepare for 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
5.2's buffs/nerfs is an indication to be a buff to disc PvP, and a nerf to disc PvE. binding heal glyph was an obvious buff to PvP as it now has more viability in arena, where it actually matters to dispel pets.

Nope, wasn't obvious to me or most of the people I talk to.

other priest friends are trying pvp disc on ptr and told me they weren't having mana issues (not as bad as 5.1)

I'm hearing the exact opposite, that the mana problems are either unchanged or worse due to the changes to Rapture.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I'll be disc pve in 5.2 (=
Reply Quote
I honestly doubt I'll be disc in 5.2 unless I swap for a specific fight where the extra dps from atonement will offset the healing throughput loss I'll take going from holy to disc. I already run with a Holy Pali, The only reason I could stay disc in this patch was due to the fact that I did have powerful AoE to help balance out the Pali's direct healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Nope, wasn't obvious to me or most of the people I talk to.

Not only is it not obvious, it makes no sense. I'm not really sure why disc priests in arena would want an increased cost to binding heal in exchange for healing the frost mage's mirrors.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I'll still be disc and holy. :D

I really do miss holy but I've gotten the raidquit threat from a terribad raid leader if I don't go disc. Dark times...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'll still be disc and holy. :D

I really do miss holy but I've gotten the raidquit threat from a terribad raid leader if I don't go disc. Dark times...

You should find a less idiotic raid leader.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]