How's my Guardian gemming/reforging?

94 Tauren Druid
I know, I'm making a lot of topics. Sorry!

I'm planning on going Guardian for PvE. I haven't enchanted my gear yet, as that's next on my to-do list. As for gemming and reforging, how am I doing so far? Any obvious mistakes? I made sure to hit/exp cap. Should I not worry about that this early? Can those reforge stats be better spent elsewhere, perhaps into crit? I know my gear isn't exactly top notch, but I've been sharing it with a feral spec that I'm changing to resto soon.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Drop those stamina gems and use pure expertise or crit gems. Expertise cap is 15% and should be achieved imo when you can afford the stats. Crit is very good for rage generation, hit/expertise caps just give a more steady income. Other wise it's fine!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Are you trying to do heroic raids?
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
02/03/2013 10:28 PMPosted by Nexian
Are you trying to do heroic raids?

Right now? No.

In the long run? Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
There's no real reason to gem Stamina (except for the Meta). Otherwise you have the right idea.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Doh so I've been gemming wrong the whole time. = /
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I partially disagree with a 15% expertise Cap

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2imhsud1hqjtju0j/details/8/?s=13989&e=14383

Logs from heroic Lei Shi not getting parried really at all. Id rather take the higher crit and go from there.

Right now im using a stam trinket, Usually rock a Crit trinket normal Lei Shi but yeah you get the idea. Rage isn't really an issue once you get to this gear point though
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I thought mastery made us easier to heal. I also see so many druid tanks not using most of their tanking cooldowns (including barely using savage defense). What gives? I feel like I've been doing everything wrong this whole time now.
Edited by Síeara on 2/5/2013 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
02/05/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Darkox
Rage isn't really an issue once you get to this gear point though

The actual RPS hardcap is somewhere around 36.666666666.

Basically until you can use Maul on CD while keeping SD at maximum uptime (when relevant) and/or using FR every CD you can use more Rage.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
agreed but still my opinion on 15% expertise cap stands
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Testing out the crit thing tonight. I still have a ton of mastery though. I guess we'll see if this changes anything.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/05/2013 10:58 AMPosted by Darkox
Logs from heroic Lei Shi not getting parried really at all. Id rather take the higher crit and go from there.

One fight does not negate the cap. That's like saying Heroic Spine determined how I reforged and gemmed for the whole raid because of 18 seconds of burst that couldn't be parried =)

15 out of 16 bosses parry, making 15% expertise a good investment.

In saying that, there's nothing wrong with going for crit over expertise... Lei Shi was just poor reasoning for it :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]