I use this spell all the time to....

88 Human Priest
I recently started leveling my priest and hit 87.

With 87 I get void shift....I just not really sure how to use this while leveling. I'm coming from a shaman with the 87 spell being ascendence.

I feel like I'm missing some cool mechanic here if I use it with something else. So with that:

"The reason you want to use void shift on cooldown while leveling shadow is...." or "Void shift will help you kill some higher level mob by..."; or "I use this spell all the time to...."

Thanks
Reply Quote
91 Undead Priest
It's an emergency spell to help save a important raid member.

For example, I'm healing during a raid boss and I have full HP. All of a sudden, the tank takes some major damage and drops to near death HP. What I tend to do sometimes in this situation is: Void Shift > Desperate Prayer > Self heal.

For one, your tanks will have a lot more HP than you. So void shifting will make the healing deficit about 100-200k less HP that you need to heal. 2nd, I have an instant 30% HP self heal for specific situations like this. You could also make a macro to cast both right after one another.

It's HIGHLY situational.
Edited by Timoffa on 2/4/2013 8:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Human Priest
Thanks, it sounds like it is pretty much exactly what it says it is.

The problem I find with "Highly situational" is that when you need it you forget about it. Especially on characters that aren't your main.

Is there a tie-in to the priest afterwards? For example as a shaman the tank is really low, I do an instant cast greater heal but the priest gets his void shift in ahead of time...does the greater heal fallover to the priest? or would it just be overhealing on the tank?...at the very least there should be a 3 second "aura" on the target where overhealing goes over to the priest.

I don't plan on doing much beyond LFR on this character and was hoping void shift could be used in some interesting way but no biggie.

Thanks again for your response.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
The tank would get overhealed in that situation.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It was a great spell to use while leveling when it worked on your Shadow Fiend but apparently Blizz didn't like that idea and confined it to a group only spell.
Reply Quote
You can stand in fire, cast it on a fellow DPS, then life grip them in there with you for maximum troll.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It's a great spell to use on other people, and slightly bad to use on yourself. If you are low health, and you swap with someone who is at full, they'll probably get pretty mad at you. If you are high health, and use it on someone with low health, they'll be happy they didn't die.

Win / Lose really. It is a nice spell now that I have been using it more often.
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Death Knight
Can it be used on FC's without forcing a flag drop?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I use void shift all the time to troll LFR. Owait I wouldn't do that. Like, evar. XD
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You used to be able to use it as a petsac on your shadowfiend. Of course as expected that was nerfed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]