Mount collecting and acheivements.

69 Worgen Rogue
So just like plenty of other people I'm trying to get the two mount achievements on both my ally character and my horde. So far on both I have about 30 mounts. I'm trying to farm the rep mounts currently but I was wanting to know some easy flying mounts I could go ahead and knock out and add to my collection as well. I would love the Drakes of the wind series and some of the other dragons. What are some of the easiest mounts to grind for?

On my ally I currently have:
All ironforge rams
All Stormwind horses
All Worgen mounts
All night elf mounts
heart of the aspects
all regular griffon mounts
winterspring saber quest in progress

On my horde I currently have:
All orc wolves
All blood elf hawkstriders
all basic wyverns
heart of the aspects
deathcharger
currently working on horde equivalent of winterspring saber.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
*Cracks knuckles* Let's see here...

The Drake of the West Wind is easily obtainable now, I'd imagine. You need 200 Commendations that you get through doing the dailies in Tol Barad. The Drake of the North Wind, which is "easy" I suppose, is from Normal/Heroic Vortex Pinnacle, and can be farmed over and over. (I'm currently working on getting that myself *well over 600 runs at this point,* but I know MANY people who get in within their first 50 runs, and many that have gotten it in their first 10. Patience is key!)

Another one that requires the same patience is the Vitreous Stone Drake from Normal/Heroic Stonecore.

Doing the meta achievements for Icecrown Citadel and Ulduar are extremely easy now. Ulduar can be one-shotted easily, and give the Rusted Proto-drake 10-man, and the Ironbound Proto-drake from 25-man. For ICC, you're given the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher for 10-man, and the Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher for 25-man.

Invincible would simply take time and weekly groups, but it's pretty darn easy now.

The Netherwing Drakes are super easy to get. Go to Shadowmoon Valley and begin the quest-line there, and you get an abundance of dailies, as well as an egg (when found) that can be turned in for reputation.

If you have a character that can solo Kael'thas in Tempest Keep for Ashes of Alar; it's super easy, but has a weekly lock-out.

For ground mounts if you have a character that could solo Alysrazor in Firelands, she just requires some patience for the Flametalon of Alysrazor to drop.

Baron Rivendare's Deathcharger from Stratholme is an easy ground mount to solo.

Reins of the Fiery Warhorse is an easy ground-mount (but generally requires extreme patience. =P) from Karazhan. Raven Lord from Heroic Sethekk Halls. White Hawkstrider from Heroic Magister's Terrace.

Err... there are a bunch of mounts at the Argent Tournament Grounds that are obtainable through Champion Seals.

There's a lot more than my brain is pooping out on right now. If you have the ability to sit and listen for NPC scan, then you can look for the Time-Lost Proto-drake in Storm Peaks, and for the Phosphorescent Stone Drake in Deepholm.

Um, I'll give you my battletag, and I'll gladly help you obtain some of the ones that might be a pain in the rear. Whenever I get Flametalon for myself, I'd gladly help you farm her! =)

Here's my Battletag: Phedrea#1817
Edited by Ophinia on 2/4/2013 9:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you get the mount achievements on one faction because of account wide achievements you will get it on the other faction. Also hoping you're not after the mounts for both factions in hopes that it will speed up the proocess of getting the achievements as only the character with the highest total will ever show as credit towards the achievements.

Your total that your statistics show is the only and i mean only total that shows your total amount either per character or towards achievements. Do not believe what the armory shows, all it's doing is inflating your numbers when either faction can't even use the seperate factions mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
add me. I am always down for mount and achieve runs.

keithkeith#1660
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Rogue
If you get the mount achievements on one faction because of account wide achievements you will get it on the other faction. Also hoping you're not after the mounts for both factions in hopes that it will speed up the proocess of getting the achievements as only the character with the highest total will ever show as credit towards the achievements.

Your total that your statistics show is the only and i mean only total that shows your total amount either per character or towards achievements. Do not believe what the armory shows, all it's doing is inflating your numbers when either faction can't even use the seperate factions mounts.

oh no, I should probably have explained that better, I'm using both accounts simply because I enjoy collecting mounts and want to get as many as possible of both factions. It's a strange hobby of mine I suppose.

@Ophinia thank you so much! You're a life saver. I actually didn't realize how many had been made so easy to get now. I just recently started playing again so everything is completely different. I know this is a strange question but how exactly do I do the heroic runs? I haven't done one yet
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Rogue
add me. I am always down for mount and achieve runs.

keithkeith#1660

I certainly will :3 I'm at work right now but when I get on later tonight I will add you on my DK.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
In order to go into a dungeon as Heroic, you just need to right-click on your portrait, and change the dungeon setting to "5-man Heroic." The Wrath Heroics are easy to solo no matter what spec, as far as I can tell.

The Cataclysm ones take quite a bit of strategy, but they can be done with the right classes! Definitely add my Battletag next time you're on, and I'll help you as best I can!

I thought of a few more that are easy to get as well, so if you'd like a detailed list I can probably find one/conjure one up for you! =)
Reply Quote
69 Worgen Rogue
Thank you so much. :) I will deff add you when I got off work tonight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

If you want both the Red and Blue Dragonhawks, you have to get the 100 mount achievement on both an Alliance and a Horde character. Otherwise you just get one or the other.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Don't forget the sha'tari skyguard mounts. That faction is a pain the butt to raise, but you get I think 4 nether rays.

There's also the talbuks from Nagrand. That faction only takes about a day to max out, as long as you're dedicated.

You can get the green protodrake and the white polar bear mount. The protodrake takes revered with the oracles to buy the egg and then you cross your fingers and wait 3 days before you can open it, and the white polar bear is low-rate reward from a daily in storm peaks, from Brunnhildar village I believe it is.

From group instances, these are easily solable by almost any class at level 90:

--blue proto drake from heroic UP
--Rivendare's Deathcharger from Strath (insanely low drop rate, takes patience)
--Raven Lord from heroic Sethekk Halls
--White Hawkstrider from Heroic Magister's Terrace
--Drake of the North Wind from regular Vortex Pinnacle
--Vitreous Stone Drake from regular Stonecore

From raids:

--Fiery Warhorse from Karazhan (insanely low drop rate, this one takes dedication)
--Ashes of Al'ar from Tempest Keep (this one takes strategy, easiest for a class that can equip the CC-immune staff or a DK using Desecrated Ground talent)
--Onyxian Drake from Onyxia's Lair
--both Blue and Azure Drakes from Malygos in Eye of Eternity

In addition to the Ulduar and ICC mounts mentioned above, most classes can get the black drake from Sartharion's Lair, which drops if you kill Sarth while all three drake mini-bosses are still alive. If I could do it on this rogue, then about any class can do it with a little persistence.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Another one I didn't see mentioned was Reins of the Red Drake - it's another 'rep' mount, basically once you have achieved Friendly status with the Wyrmrest Accord, you can purchase the Tabard of the Wyrmrest Accord. Wearing this in Wrath heroics (as well as normal level 80 instances: Utgarde Pinnacle, The Culling of Stratholme, The Oculus, Halls of Lightning), will award reputation with the Wyrmrest Accord. Then you just need 2,000 gold to buy it. Or, if you have plently of spare Justice Points on a character, you can buy the Commendations used to 'give' you rep as well, for like 16 JP per Commendation, which gives you 520 rep each.

Also, while Love in the Air is on, run the dungeon daily, you might have RNG on your side enough to see Big Love Rocket drop in the daily box.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]