Scheduled maintenance

100 Blood Elf Warlock
Hello,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could run scheduled maintenance 2 hours earlier than it is currently run. I do not mean to be selfish by asking this. My mother taught me it never hurts to ask politely for something you want. I play in the morning before going to work and the current times make me miss a day - and I have crops to harvest!!

:)>>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I really wish they would do away with maintenance altogether. Imagine if your cable company said we are turning of your cable for 8 hours every tuesday for maintenance, or your isp said we are turning off your internet every tuesday for 8 hours maybe more if we run into issues. What if you bank said we are turning off mobile banking every tuesday for 8 hours. I just think its a little silly, I mean really 6-8 hours weekly? I would seriously like an explanation of what they do on these days.

I personally virus scan all my computers, do housework, and update all my mods. Every tuesday since 2004 :D
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
You people seriously can't find anything else to do for eight hours?

I'd rather the weekly tune-up than have a bunch of bugs.
Reply Quote
50 Undead Warlock
Well at least you were polite about it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pretty much every complaint I see in forums:

Hi, I'm _____, I can't figure out/I don't like/I feel _________, Blizzard should immediately fix my problem because they _____________, and obviously, my problem is the only problem in the world and it needs to be fixed NOW without regard to anyone else in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
It is refreshing that you asked nicely instead of people just raging their demands. They do sometimes start maintenance earlier, but it usually scheduled to end at the same time. Sometimes they do go up earlier than expected.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
02/05/2013 06:57 AMPosted by Morriz
I play in the morning before going to work

nooo i play before i go to bed at 5:00am
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 08:14 AMPosted by Bangohrang
I personally virus scan all my computers, do housework, and update all my mods. Every tuesday since 2004 :D

Which is why your ISP doesn't have to shut down.

Blizzard is basically doing what you have been doing since 2004. Unfortunately, that requires shutdowns, reboots, etc., for their servers and implimenting updates. Just like you have to do for your computer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well that cuts even further into my play time so no.

You people seriously can't find anything else to do for eight hours?

I'd rather the weekly tune-up than have a bunch of bugs.

I can I just can't say them on the forums.
Edited by Kassiel on 2/5/2013 8:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/05/2013 06:57 AMPosted by Morriz
and I have crops to harvest!!

So God made the farmer.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Hello,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could run scheduled maintenance 2 hours earlier than it is currently run. I do not mean to be selfish by asking this. My mother taught me it never hurts to ask politely for something you want. I play in the morning before going to work and the current times make me miss a day - and I have crops to harvest!!

Thanks for the polite request Morriz. Unfortunately, as much as we'd like to accommodate as many people as possible, it's not always feasible. Instead, we try to minimize the impact as much as possible and try to stay as consistent as possible as well in how and when we do maintenance.

May your crops be bountiful and the vermin stay away from them. :)
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard,
Could you (please) spend 500 million for back-up servers so we can play 24/7 with no maintenance? Thank you.
Marilly

Edited for better manners.
Edited by Marilly on 2/5/2013 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Maybe say please, Marilly?
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 08:40 AMPosted by Eliil
Maybe say please, Marilly?
I edited my post.
Reply Quote
29 Human Warlock
02/05/2013 08:36 AMPosted by Nethaera

It's not the vermin I mind. Those tentacle crops that seem to pop up in rows..those are the ones that get me!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hello,

Thanks for the polite request Morriz. Unfortunately, as much as we'd like to accommodate as many people as possible, it's not always feasible. Instead, we try to minimize the impact as much as possible and try to stay as consistent as possible as well in how and when we do maintenance.

First of all, I hate when Mods use the term "we" when speaking of blizzard and their own personal duties. Blizzard has never and will never see or hear any advice from you.

Secondly, I could care less about the downtime, but your statement "for blizzard" saying that "As much as we'd like to accommodate as many people as possible" is BS. IF that were true than Blizzard would be paying their programers overtime to begin maintenance around 2am. That would "accommodate" about 30% more players.

Like I said.. I have crap to do in the mornings anyways... I just hate BS responses.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
02/05/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Merliñ

It's not the vermin I mind. Those tentacle crops that seem to pop up in rows..those are the ones that get me!

^ Agreed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
02/05/2013 09:18 AMPosted by Greensauce
Like I said.. I have crap to do in the mornings anyways... I just hate BS responses.

If you hate BS responses - then why did you post yours? Take your own advice, champ.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]