Devouring Plague nerf reverted

"We are reverting the change to how Devouring Plague deals damage. It will have more up-front damage in 5.2 as it does in 5.1. We think the more recent nerfs to Shadow healing and Phantasm are more appropriate changes for PvP."

What do you think Spriest's...looks like they're gonna stand strong about the phantasm nerf
Edited by Sie on 2/5/2013 10:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Im still not happy!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Req
Still sad =/
It's pretty useless that up-front damage if you can't barely cast a mind blast while some melee is chasing you. Imagine then cast 3 Mind Blast to be able to cast a decent DP.
Reply Quote
It's pretty useless that up-front damage if you can't barely cast a mind blast while some melee is chasing you

Spriest might be forced to comp with rogues then, and coordinate mindblasts off kidney shots.....resto druid, spriest, rogue sounds like a good comp with enough cc to allow priest casts
Reply Quote
Still not sure on phantasm nerf.

I'm glad they reverted the DP nerf. Spriest dots are laughable. DP was more scary than a dispelled VT.

I wish they'd revert the dispersion nerf. Blizzard always seems to swing the nerf hammer too hard when trying to rebalance, and they rarely hit their mark.
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Wrath
Blizzard always seems to swing the nerf hammer too hard when trying to rebalance, and they rarely hit their mark.

they actually are quoted as saying that they think that spriests are overpowered but they don't know whats making them overpowered...that's why they nerfed the entire toolkit of spriest
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I was actually kinda happy about a PvE buff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
02/05/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Multicidez

So our pve buff from the DP change was reverted and our nerf from glyph of mind spike still stands.
Edited by Zsunnie on 2/5/2013 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

It is still probably a buff since they said that they're increasing the initial hits damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/05/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Flamepriest

It is still probably a buff since they said that they're increasing the initial hits damage.

They are not increasing the initial damage. Re-read the wording carefully.

"It will have more up-front damage in 5.2 as it does in 5.1."

It does not say it will have more up-front damage in 5.2 than it does in 5.1.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The only thing I was honestly incredibly upset about was the DP nerf. I can deal with phantasm, I find my self really only using it to get out of snares.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
NMB
Blizzard kept the nerfs that hit us hard and reverted the ones which were reasonable.

The nerf to Flash Heal and DP I could have lived with.

The nerf to Phantasm, Dispersion, Renew and PoM is too much.

Just remove Flash Heal from us all together and leave Renew and PoM alone.

Stick to the DP change and leave Phantasm and Dispersion alone.

LEAVE PHANTASM ALONE!

Edit: For those who hadn't worked it out, the change to DP would have actually resulted in more damage overall as DP would have got the full benefit of mastery. Me thinks Blizzard thought about it further and decided that wouldn't be on.
Edited by Niks on 2/5/2013 3:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
About the Devouring Plague revert...

This is not a good change if this revert can be used as leverage against making meaningful changes to the specialization. They shouldn't be throwing us insignificant scraps of meat we were keen to get rid of in the first place if it means we have to go along with thier flawed logic.

This is what they should be doing to balance the specialization.

1. Revert Phantasm
2. Revert Glyph of Mind Spike
3. Give CC immunity to Dispersion
4. Implement the shadow orb generation out of combat implementation.
5. Revert the Devouring Plague revert (edit)

If they made those changes, I think we'd all be comfortable with the other nerfs.

If they made those changes, I think we'd all be comfortable with the other nerfs.

As it stands, we will not see any meaningful change to the specialization because this was mearly a bribe to get us to shut up and submit to the nerfbat. I will be inclined to start thinking they don't give a damn about us if I don't start seeing some !@#$%^-ed common-sense design soon.

10,000 gold says its not coming this patch.

5,000 gold says its not coming this expansion.
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/6/2013 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
- SNIP -

100K Says they totally redesign priests next expansion, because they felt the changes that came in MoP made us "Too Easy" or "Too overpowered with no possible way to balance".

Wish they had a decent dev that actually played a priests as their main.
We'd have it a lot easier then. :/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Yeah but heaven for bid if they had actually let us scale decently on top of doing decent single target damage.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Blizzard kept the nerfs that hit us hard and reverted the ones which were reasonable.

The nerf to Flash Heal and DP I could have lived with.

The nerf to Phantasm, Dispersion, Renew and PoM is too much.

Just remove Flash Heal from us all together and leave Renew and PoM alone.

Stick to the DP change and leave Phantasm and Dispersion alone.

LEAVE PHANTASM ALONE!

Edit: For those who hadn't worked it out, the change to DP would have actually resulted in more damage overall as DP would have got the full benefit of mastery. Me thinks Blizzard thought about it further and decided that wouldn't be on.

Where in the notes does it talk about renew and PoM? I couldn't find it anywhere.
I am bummed about the phantasm and dispersion nerf, along with the glyph of mind spike nerf. Shadow doesn't have that high of burst. Unless you can manage to string together a 3orb dp, 2 instant mindspikes and an instant mb. That's been pretty tough for me to line all those up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
renew and pom are actually getting buffed. so is angelic bulwark.

to be honest the glyph of mind spike was a bit clunky with instant procs of fdcl anyway. thats not that big of a nerf. that opens up a major glyph slot where you have some interesting options...mb if you want to play the rng game to root melee, inner fire to increase melee damage mitigation, or dispersion or another utility glyph. i dont think this wil
be felt that badly by the spriest community. i may try to reforge into crit after haste as while on the run with body and soul getting crits with instant mbs rooting melee will really get you some distance.

phantasm is the worst of the nerfs now that dp has been reverted, will prevent priests from offensively using fade to go in open and hard cast. with that said, body and soul is not a bad alternative, obviously not as good in general, but may have more utility depending on certain comps. will need to play more defensive, and is honestly a bigger nerf to disc than shadow.

dispersion nerf is annoying, but raises skill cap to where if you want to disperse soon, you need to think about hard casting so you dont get locked out.

i will likely re talent from phantasm to body and soul, and desparate prayer to angelic bulwark, leaving my other talents of psyfiend, fdcl, di, and divine star the same.

with the pom and renew buffs (not sure ifshields are effected) while shadow may play a bit differently, it wont be as bad as everyone thinks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
B&S got nerfed by 1 second as well.

All Shadow healing got a slight nerf for PvP and a noticeable PvE nerf (although they're seldom used in PvE).

I didn't see anything about an Angelic Bulwark change.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
B&S got nerfed by 1 second as well.

All Shadow healing got a slight nerf for PvP and a noticeable PvE nerf (although they're seldom used in PvE).

I didn't see anything about an Angelic Bulwark change.
its no longer dispellable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
- SNIP -

100K Says they totally redesign priests next expansion, because they felt the changes that came in MoP made us "Too Easy" or "Too overpowered with no possible way to balance".

Wish they had a decent dev that actually played a priests as their main.
We'd have it a lot easier then. :/

Do we really trust Blizzard enough to redesign the specialization at this point? I most certainly do not.

This is what I have warned about since the start of the 5.1 patch. Can people understand my logic now?
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/6/2013 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]