Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Link? D:
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hm. I'll need to test the Zen Sphere change myself, but that looks like it's gonna hurt. I was really hoping to use that as a tank mini CD.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Given the options between Chi Wave, Burst and the new Zen Sphere, it was hard to see Zen Sphere not being the obvious choice given it's healing, cost and targeting.

With Chi Burst having a 30 second cooldown, I have a hard time believing that it's viable or filling a specific role. Chi Wave sort of falls into this same category, but with a 15 second cooldown it's at least up more often. Zen Sphere having a 10 second cast time and being able to cast it on two targets seems like the best choice given it's extra effect as well.

I haven't played with these yet, but I just think the cooldowns are too restrictive on Chi burst/wave.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Given the options between Chi Wave, Burst and the new Zen Sphere, it was hard to see Zen Sphere not being the obvious choice given it's healing, cost and targeting.

With Chi Burst having a 30 second cooldown, I have a hard time believing that it's viable or filling a specific role. Chi Wave sort of falls into this same category, but with a 15 second cooldown it's at least up more often. Zen Sphere having a 10 second cast time and being able to cast it on two targets seems like the best choice given it's extra effect as well.

I haven't played with these yet, but I just think the cooldowns are too restrictive on Chi burst/wave.

yeah but a 60% healing nerf? Also what do you think about the 38% scaling nerf on healing spheres.
Edited by Primiez on 2/5/2013 12:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Is this new?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10 second cast time? Do you mean a 10 second delay?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think the change to Blackout kick is far worse. Serpent's Zeal now stops at 25%.

Or ... Hmm. That's confusing:

The new Blackout Kick Tooltip:

Also empowers you with Serpent's Zeal, causing you and your summoned Jade Serpent Statue to heal nearby injured targets equal to 25% of your auto-attack damage. Stacks up to 2 times.

The new "Teachings of the Monastery" Tooltip:

When you Blackout Kick, you gain Serpent's Zeal causing you to heal nearby injured targets equal to 25% of your auto-attack damage. (Stacks up to 2 times was removed.)
Edited by Taom on 2/5/2013 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/05/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Fistlobster
10 second cast time? Do you mean a 10 second delay?

Whoops... I meant 10 second cooldown. With the duration being 16 seconds, you can keep it up on 2 people pretty easily.

Although, I'm now worried that it would feel more maintenance-y along with renewing mists. Basically, I don't want to see Zen Sphere being the ability you just cast on cooldown constantly just like Renewing Mist.

Chi wave is probably the most interesting spell out of the 3. Chi burst is still just that random jumping around ability which we already have in renewing mist. I'd like to see that be more defined as it's own ability.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Healing Sphere got a much needed nerf, though I'm positive that it wasn't strong enough of a nerf. There is no reason I should be able to take someone from .1% health to 100% with a few rapid clicks of the mouse. I'd argue that the spell has no place in this game, frankly.

Chi Wave's earlier buff makes it ridiculously powerful, and easily a go-to spell, and the damage buff just makes it that much sweeter.

Zen Sphere was nerfed to compensate for the fact that we can fire out two at a time, and still have full detonation control, etc. It needed to be brought down for 25's because it would've been far too powerful. (Not like any of us were going to use it because Chi Wave is super powerful.)

Chi Burst is a questionable decision, but we'll see. It's gonna scale better, so I think it might balance out.

As for Serpent's Zeal, there is no "official" note on it, which could mean it's getting nerfed, or getting the Tiger Power treatment to cut down on how many GCD's we have to spend on buff maintenance. Most of the notes are all data-mined, and most data-mining is wrong.

And probably the most hilarious is the doubling of Life Cocoon. Again. Going to be probably be one of the most powerful tank CD's in the game now.
Edited by Mist on 2/5/2013 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

As for Serpent's Zeal, there is no "official" note on it, which could mean it's getting nerfed, or getting the Tiger Power treatment to cut down on how many GCD's we have to spend on buff maintenance. Most of the notes are all data-mined, and most data-mining is wrong.

Notes are not data mined and have been released by blizzard.
Note for serpent's zeal; Serpent's Zeal heals for 12.5% per stack of damage done (was 25%).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/05/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Tonydanza
Note for serpent's zeal; Serpent's Zeal heals for 12.5% per stack of damage done (was 25%).

Oh, right. I remember that note now. Completely forgot that they did that. So yeah, it looks like it's getting the Tiger Power treatment and is just going to be a flat 25%.

Completely reasonable, tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Is the change to healing spheres (auto-popping) gonna make up for our awkward* multi-target healing at least?

Apologies if this has been discussed on the forum already, I recently dinged and haven't really had a chance to look into the upcoming changes yet... Did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

* Oh and by awkward I mean: for the greatest part uncontrollable with too much overhealing on wrong targets kind of way. I wholehearthedly hate the ReM/Uplift combo and the overhealing it causes. Atm multi-target healing just feels like more luck than skill involved compared to other healing classes. Targetted healing spheres are more fun, but the lack of interaction with mana tea stacks causes me to use this less often than I'd like to.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/05/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Weis
I wholehearthedly hate the ReM/Uplift combo and the overhealing it causes.

this is only a problem on LFR.

02/05/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Weis
Atm multi-target healing just feels like more luck than skill involved compared to other healing classes.

ReM behaves in a predictable manner. It's not really that random.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/05/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Mist
ReM behaves in a predictable manner. It's not really that random.

I'm aware of the priority it follows glyphed and unglyphed. Probably easier to manage with less random positioning in a guildraid vs LFR ;-)

Call me silly, but I didn't realise Chi burst doesn't have a cooldown like Chi wave until today. Finally something worthwhile & more controllable to dump my chi on... Oh, wait... So, what exactly are we supposed to dump our chi on with these expected changes in 5.2?

If only Enveloping mist was a little more like Word of Glory ;-)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Call me silly, but I didn't realise Chi burst doesn't have a cooldown like Chi wave until today. Finally something worthwhile & more controllable to dump my chi on... Oh, wait... So, what exactly are we supposed to dump our chi on with these expected changes in 5.2?

Uplift
Enveloping Mist
Thunder Focus Tea
Blackout Kick
Tiger Palm

Take your pick. All of these are worthwhile for the buffs and raw numbers they provide. The fact that you don't have to choose any of the tier-30 talents over any of these is a huge buff. If you were just relying on the T30 talents, then you really need to work on your healing.

If you really don't like the smart healing and out-of-your-hands nature of ReM, then maybe Mistweaving isn't for you.
Edited by Fistlobster on 2/5/2013 5:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
"Healing Sphere was renamed Gift of the Serpent. AP scaling was reduced by 38%."
as per the notes on MMO-champion.

The important part is the AP, that's attack power. This will not affect healers unless you're running around in melee gear for some strange reason
Reply Quote

Uplift
Enveloping Mist
Thunder Focus Tea
Blackout Kick
Tiger Palm

Take your pick. All of these are worthwhile for the buffs and raw numbers they provide. The fact that you don't have to choose any of the tier-30 talents over any of these is a huge buff. If you were just relying on the T30 talents, then you really need to work on your healing.

If you really don't like the smart healing and out-of-your-hands nature of ReM, then maybe Mistweaving isn't for you.

The T30 talent change is especially good for Brewmaster Monks, who absolutely did not have the chi to spare to use them.

The choice of chi spenders is pretty limited if you choose not to fistweave, though. It just leaves Enveloping Mist and Uplift as reliable chi spenders (TFT is on a cooldown), and if you glyph Uplift, it's just Enveloping Mist. I guess the answer is just to not glyph Uplift.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
"Healing Sphere was renamed Gift of the Serpent. AP scaling was reduced by 38%."
as per the notes on MMO-champion.

The important part is the AP, that's attack power. This will not affect healers unless you're running around in melee gear for some strange reason

Aaaaaactually, our spell power is converted to attack power. So int gives us AP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]