Mistweaver Nerfs (new ptr build)

90 Gnome Monk
So there's actually a nerf to healing sphere? :(

Love sphere for staying up with 3 melee on me :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

I think this is the reason for the removal of Chi costs for the T30 talents. Brewmasters and Windwalkers simply weren't using them. Their Chi was better spent in either straight mitigation or straight DPS skills. Mistweavers got the most kick out of them, but what's the point in having talents that spread across all specs if two of the specs can't even use them. On the other hand, making these talents cost absolutely nothing and leaving them untouched makes them incredibly overpowered. Nerfing them to compensate for the lack of cost, either through CD or power, is simply fair. As Mistweavers, we just need to deal with this and move on.

Didn't GC say during Beta that the T30 talents were never meant to be rotational for Brewmasters or Windwalkers? That they're meant as Utility for the times when Heals are needed and not meant to be a DPS increase? This change makes them a required part of their rotation now while killing their usefulness for Mistweavers. Very strange design choices.

I'm going to miss my Hadouken power balls.
Edited by Indyana on 2/19/2013 11:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
96 Tauren Monk
Yeah, Indyana. They basically said that if they ever made them rotational, they'd have to change them.

I don't get it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yeah, Indyana. They basically said that if they ever made them rotational, they'd have to change them.

I don't get it.

If the level 30 talents go live as they currently stand in the most recent patch notes I am at a real loss as to selection. I guess Chi burst as Chi wave and Zen sphere won't heal for squat. Buffing the damage and nerfing the healing really makes this a dps tier. What a drastic change. Perhaps no selection in protest? Can't see it making a significant throughput change.

Going back to Rain, Mist?
Edited by Glaurfu on 2/20/2013 10:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Actually Bliz can just remove the 2% mana return from muscle memory instead of increase the mana cost of jab from 4% to 6%. Bliz really din care the under geared mistweaver who cannot jab for chi as it is very very very expensive now!!!

Mistweaver AOE healing is nerf in every patch! It has made many players to give up Mistweaver.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
When I tank in dungeon with my dk, I hate most mistweaver healing, as they can't really heal the group when I pull a lot of mobs, but other class healers can heal the group much much much better! Bliz had made Mistweaver so hard to play.
Edited by Proknight on 2/20/2013 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
02/20/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Proknight
When I tank in dungeon with my dk, I hate most mistweaver healing, as they can't really heal the group when I pull a lot of mobs, but other class healers can heal the group much much much better! Bliz had made Mistweaver so hard to play.

Tank better (or possibly run with better mistweavers). There are very few mobs that damage anyone but the tank in 5 mans so if anyone but you is taking enough damage to get in trouble either you fail at threat or they are standing in bad. Neither of those two situations is a healer issue.

Of course another possibility is that you aren't properly using your tools so they are having to overspend on keeping you up so they don't have time/resources to heal anyone else but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]