Halo or Cascade (I know it's another thread!)

90 Blood Elf Priest
Sorry, but this is aimed towards Shadow and I've read the other topics on this.

I downloaded HaloPro in order to maximize the use of Halo, but I always seem to have issues using it effectively... especially if the boss is on the move or randomly moves.

Should I give up an use Cascade or is Halo still superior even if you're not at max range on it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What you should be using depends on the fight. Honestly, if you have problems using Halo, I'd probably take Divine Star before I take Cascade. It does an absurd amount of healing in the right situations and is the most flexible of the 90 talents in terms of range.

Are there bosses that are giving you trouble in particular?
Edited by Nixxe on 2/5/2013 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
What you should be using depends on the fight. Honestly, if you have problems using Halo, I'd probably take Divine Star before I take Cascade. It does an absurd amount of healing in the right situations and is the most flexible of the 90 talents in terms of range.

Are there bosses that are giving you trouble in particular?

I'm only doing LFR right now since I hit 90, but it's generally a problem of bosses with lots of movement. Blade Lord's strikes mess up the range and when you stand on Imperial's platforms you can't max range with Halo.

I know Divine Star does a lot of healing, but the DPS seems very minimal and I'd probably wind up overhealing with it mostly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
If you use Divine Star in the correct spot in the priority, at the bottom just above Mind Flay, it's actually not a huge difference in DPS on most fights and is almost certainly a DPS increase over Halo when Halo is not used optimally. As far as Blade Lord goes, you can either use DBM to pay attention to when he is about to disappear or strike and use Halo around that or you can try another talent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]