Chi-Wave & Zen Sphere gutted on PTR

90 Undead Monk
While this makes me a sad panda, it's not really game breaking, especially next to the other changes. You also had to admit that Chi wave was extremely strong on the ptr for WW, as are a number of the other changes (looking at you SFB).

I'll trade you half the damage of that for it to purge :)
Also,
Seriously, 80k non crit SFB's, real? (yes on players, 180k's on dummies)
Also just logged on, 20k non crit no proc's. (Chi Wave)
Ok it keeps changing 16-22k
(Probably because dancing steel keeps procing half the time)
Live is slightly lower (13% pvp power offhealing stuff probably) seems like an accident or it would go back to 8 sec cd.
Edited by Reqy on 2/6/2013 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Well TeB was nerfed back to 4chi per 1 stack.

So 40 BoK and 40 jabs to reach 10 stacks.

umm, 40? Try your math again. With 13.3% haste, tt works out to about 10 stacks per 55s. At 3 per stack, that decreases to 40s/10 stacks. With a 15s uptime, that starts to feel like a maintenance buff, not a burst CD. At higher haste values, which of course there are, it becomes ludicrous. At 2 chi per stack, you are looking at 60-70% uptime. No thank you.

Its not a nerf, its a fricken buff to our future.
Edited by Chunliqt on 2/6/2013 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
Well TeB was nerfed back to 4chi per 1 stack.

So 40 BoK and 40 jabs to reach 10 stacks.

umm, 40? Try your math again. With 13.3% haste, tt works out to about 10 stacks per 55s. At 3 per stack, that decreases to 40s/10 stacks. With a 15s uptime, that starts to feel like a maintenance buff, not a burst CD. At higher haste values, which of course there are, it becomes ludicrous. At 2 chi per stack, you are looking at 60-70% uptime. No thank you.

Its not a nerf, its a fricken buff to our future.

This isn't a buff in anyway it's a nerf...

Also monks don't have 13% haste in pvp...

Lastly do you realize how much time 1min of uptime is in realtime in pvp? Probably 2-3mins.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

This isn't a buff in anyway it's a nerf...

Its a buff from live, a nerf from ptr. A GOOD nerf, because with so much uptime, it sucks.

More importantly, and what I meant was, its a BUFF to our future, by not requiring a future nerf to our sustained if what we really have is a maintenance buff, which is what you seem to be desiring.

Also monks don't have 13% haste in pvp...

I meant 13.3 energy/s, sorry about that. I am sitting at about 12.8ish if i remember correctly in ~ average pvp gear.

Lastly do you realize how much time 1min of uptime is in realtime in pvp? Probably 2-3mins.

If you mean what I think you mean (sorry, not the easiest sentence to parse)...

If it takes you 2-3 mins to get 10stacks in pvp (except against maybe shadowplay), well, maybe you should try another class. Monk is incredibly mobile. Getting on target is cake (with a couple exceptional situations). Perhaps more importantly, we are more limited by our energy regen than our on target time for this purpose. It takes ~ 50-60s to regen that much energy, but only 40s of on target time (or less) to spend it.

Even if it takes 1.5 mins between burst periods (which would mean your actual uptime is less than half the time (i.e. you suck)), I am totally ok with that. In fact, thats just about perfect imo.
Edited by Chunliqt on 2/6/2013 6:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
Shouldn't they make Zen Sphere more appealing to use, instead of the opposite? I don't know any Monk that prefers using Zen Sphere over Chi Wave or Chi Burst.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I doubt it's intentional that the ability be nerfed relative to live.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It should be a bug. Hopefully.

"Chi Wave base damage doubled and healing tooltip updated to reflect previously doubled healing."
Reply Quote
Chi Burst's DAMAGE was double, but it's healing was nerfed, AND it was tacked on a 30 second cooldown.

It got nerfed worst.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wow even less reason to log on than I already do. i find myself playing WoW less and less every day. I actually finished a painting I started over a month ago and drilled a hole into the wood and made it into a clock.

Thank you Blizzard for making this game suck more and more every day. It gives me more time to be creative and spend time with my wife and kid.
Edited by Slappyfist on 2/7/2013 5:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 09:52 PMPosted by Voyage
chill out chicken little.

Yeah, chill the f**k out, Chicken Little.

Seriously though, I wouldn't sweat it. PTR is still up, so nothing is finalized yet.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
02/07/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Nooxi
chill out chicken little.

Yeah, chill the f**k out, Chicken Little.

Seriously though, I wouldn't sweat it. PTR is still up, so nothing is finalized yet.

Considering the magnitude of this nerf (150% nerf to Chi-Wave in comparison to live), this is an appropriate time to freak out.
Reply Quote
The fact that Blizzard has not commented AT ALL indicates that it was a stealth nerf they want to keep.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Sometimes MMO devs think they need to nerf the crap out an OP ability before they can find the correct values (I know a dev back in the rift beta said something about that once). Hopefully this is just the case here.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Is it still nerfed?
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
02/08/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Jaxahu
Is it still nerfed?

Yup
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I thought Chi Wave CD became 15 secs because the healing was increased by 100%. So now it's 15% with a decrease to Live heals? What.. I'm lost now.

Also I can't find these notes on MMO-Champ. Anyway, I'll take Reqy's word for it.
Edited by Windseeker on 2/8/2013 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
I think most people can agree that windwalkers are quite strong on the ptr and either need adjustments there or will likely see some hotfixes or patched in changes come 5.2.1. I agree this may not be the area they need to be hit, but I don't hear WW players complaining that they don't heal people enough on live. It's not really a core focus of the spec and the current amount is fine for off-healing especially when combined with healing spheres if needed.

Again I go with fine because almost no one complains about WW healing being inadequate on live.

Honestly if they hadn't buffed it first I doubt anyone would see this change as that big of a deal.

But for MW it's terrible.

Ty sum1 who understands. Not just the Rerollers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I'm not sure. From a shaman perspective, where our self-heals are our (not-that-passable) defense, it worries me and my new monk that self-healing is getting nerfed.

I realize that WW defense is mobility, which is why I'm considering taking Torpedo, but I'd like to be able to off-heal a bit or self-heal to stay in the fight.

Maybe the WWs I've seen on live just haven't been very good or concerned with heals.

Regardless, it's very weird to NOT see that in the notes. Very weird and concerning.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
probably wont play my monk anymore if this goes live
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]