Battletron: Am I being gear walled?

90 Human Paladin
I've tried several different spec's using HA, SW, ES, and HP to max out my DPS. It appears HA and ES give me the greatest DPS boost with my playstyle. The most I've gotten him down to is 800k and I die to the enrage timer. Typically, health is not an issue on this fight, as I use Divine protection and Sacred Shield to negate majority of the damage and LoH and a Healthstone to survive to the end.

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong, I'd really like to get this damn guy down ><
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Change your str gems to pure haste, you're at that breaking point. How are you dealing with orbs? You're more geared than I was when I did it, so it's not a gear wall. I went with SW and ES. Only thing I really had over you was a 1/2 upgraded Normal SS, but a 2/2 LFR Shin'ka with the gem should be roughly equal in terms of DPS.

Honestly, I had issues right up until I upgraded my SS once and then killed him in 2 tries, just needed a bit more DPS to squeeze it out, so realistically you might find it's your strat and how much damage you're taking, thus leading to more time healing, which could be your problem.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I would stick with SW/ES - With the 4set, you "should" be able to get a second use of AW towards the very end, might be enough to push.

Make sure you are prepotting. You can use SS/DP for the mines, but if you are fighting against the enrage, I don't advise using LoH at the end, I had less gear than you when I did it and I used Divine shield through the fire.

If you spend too much time maintaining SS/WoG to negate and heal through the damage, you will probably wipe to enrage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Alright, so I'm going SW with ES and everytime, i get him down to 100k, lowest i got him was 40k now. At least a dozen times was I able to get him to the 100k mark, bubble and try to drop the rest but the damn enrage gets me. Thank you guys for the advice, I'm so close, and i want this so bad I just assume I need some other stuff to get there. The only items i use for heals the entire fight are LoH and a Healthstone, nothing else.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Best of luck, most the rank 8 fights are on par with Battletron's dps check, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem later on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you LoH at roughly the 1min mark, Forbearance will be down for a bubble usage at enrage timer. LoH even if you're not in dire straights of needing it just to get the usage of both.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm wondering, since i moved alot of my str gems to haste, what food should i be eating? What is the str cap, and should i be building some of my other stats?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I finally got it, TY GUYS SO MUCH for the help and advice.

I waited a few seconds, drank pot soon as i was in, GoAK on boss while hitting to get INQ up, Avenging Wrath, (by now divine prot & aura because they dont share melee cooldowns), and then hit trinket/ES. The bombs are buggy, for some reason I stood on 2 bombs but only popped one I was on, and GOAK popped one in the back, so 20 seconds in another popped and took a hit of damage but i was ok. Used SS every 30 seconds (first spell i cast when i get down there), LOH at 1 minute mark whether or not I needed the health, and execution sentence with the right after I used my POT midfight.

Enrage fire started coming down at 40k HP and I killed him and ran to the back of the corner like a ****** to avoid dying.

Got him down, one shotted Meatball, game bugged during Meatball and had to kill some other guys mob too, 2 shotted the elk thing. Lol and got my heirloom claws.

Once again, thank you all so much, and good luck to you!

SimCraft:88k DPS
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Change your str gems to pure haste, you're at that breaking point. How are you dealing with orbs? You're more geared than I was when I did it, so it's not a gear wall. I went with SW and ES. Only thing I really had over you was a 1/2 upgraded Normal SS, but a 2/2 LFR Shin'ka with the gem should be roughly equal in terms of DPS.

Honestly, I had issues right up until I upgraded my SS once and then killed him in 2 tries, just needed a bit more DPS to squeeze it out, so realistically you might find it's your strat and how much damage you're taking, thus leading to more time healing, which could be your problem.

As far as I remember, the haste::strength curve inverts @ around 15k unbuffed haste, but I could be wrong, I haven't looked at spreadsheets or done serious mathcrafting in a while.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's different depending on your gear

normalized values for me value haste 0.56 to 1
with Normal Shinka opposed to Heroic Starshatter, it was 0.47 to 1

Doesn't change drastically at later gear levels, so you "can" get away with doing either. I prefer more haste over strength for obvious reasons, but realistically, it won't affect dps that much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]