A CRZ-Free Server

90 Undead Warrior
So 3 confirmed realms without CRZ?
And all 3 PVP =/
Blizzard hates me.

Maiev is not CRZ-free. Unless it somehow managed to be the ONLY straight PvP realm on its cluster.
Edited by Lukar on 2/7/2013 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Troll Druid
02/07/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Durh
We used to have a weird reputation for some freaky RP, but the perpetrators either left or quit, so I personally have neither seen nor heard of any of that for quite a while.

That can be arranged...

*dangles chains*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
WELCOME ALL TO RAVENHOLDT!!!!

I need more people on both factions to purchase my over priced Transmog items off the AHs on both the alliance and horde side. I need to feed my addiction to Gnome and BE female Ladies.

Hell, I will even lower my standards to Orcs, Drannys, Goblins, NEs. For those of you who cought on to the fact that I did not mention some races....well I do have standards to maintain.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Seriously though if this realm wasn't PVP I could almost say I could bring over 100+ alliance players from my realm with my guild....just about everyone in my guild hates CRZ but most are not PVP types so that won't work for my guild.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Damn they are only PVP servers? I figured PVP servers would love CRZ because it would sort of fix uneven numbers between factions.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
02/07/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Moused
Seriously though if this realm wasn't PVP I could almost say I could bring over 100+ alliance players from my realm with my guild....just about everyone in my guild hates CRZ but most are not PVP types so that won't work for my guild.

To be honest, its not a rabid PVP server, for the most part people on both sides of the faction fence tend to bypass each other. There are those random fights where someone gets a hair up their !@#$ and want to fight, but for the most part its not as common as large pop pvp realms.

With that said, I have seen a pretty good interactions between players on both sides of the faction. There are those that are abrasive and annoying as a brillo pad, but they are in the minority.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Lmao this is the best cry for please alliance come back I ever saw. You ought not have chased them off in the first place boy. You have a month at best till 5.2 drops and the ultimate in pvp content to date is released, does your server have the alliance horde balance to do it?

How about you guys all get together and for the good of your server call a universal ceasefire on the opposing faction while you all shore up your numbers. Anyone caught or reported breaking the ceasefire you treat no better than !@#$ scraped off a shoe. Hey pvp was fun but now you have to pve to save your pvp. In fact all pvp servers for the good of your servers call universal cessation of hostilities until you all have enough of the opposing faction to unlock your battle islands. Just an idea.

I'll help out OP I might even level the toon I do like to RP which baffles my fellow windrunner players and I don't mind controlled PvP.
Edited by Cøraline on 2/7/2013 1:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The Venture Co. Is faction balanced. That would be the better of the two CRZ-free zones.
Reply Quote
38 Goblin Hunter
Be Careful. Blizz has never said that these servers would always be CRZ free.

If they ever post something that does state that I will transfer my toons there.
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
Lmao this is the best cry for please alliance come back I ever saw. You ought not have chased them off in the first place boy. You have a month at best till 5.2 drops and the ultimate in pvp content to date is released, does your server have the alliance horde balance to do it?

How about you guys all get together and for the good of your server call a universal ceasefire on the opposing faction while you all shore up your numbers. Anyone caught or reported breaking the ceasefire you treat no better than !@#$ scraped off a shoe. Hey pvp was fun but now you have to pve to save your pvp. In fact all pvp servers for the good of your servers call universal cessation of hostilities until you all have enough of the opposing faction to unlock your battle islands. Just an idea.

I'll help out OP I might even level the toon I do like to RP which baffles my fellow windrunner players and I don't mind controlled PvP.

We're not hugely active in PvP. Honestly, I've gone a full month and only been ganked once in Pandaria. I didn't even bother noting who it was (I rarely do, anyway).

I don't think we chased them off. Some left for competitive reasons (we're very laid back), many retired from the game and I think we did manage to get rid of some of the more poisonous trolls. But our prominent players have been always been very community oriented and have been playing for a long time.

This would be a good server for people to get their feet wet with PvP, since we're not super involved in it. It would pick up with more people, though, so there's that.

Our server is capable of CRZ, but the location means effectively we won't be CRZ'd unless Blizzard decides to mix different server types. For various reasons, pure PvP servers would not work well with RP-PvP servers and PvE servers will never work well with RP-PvP. They might decide to move the server, but that would introduce technical problems. Aside from their original statements, Blizzard has not commented on Ravenholdt CRZ, most likely because it isn't an issue for us at this time. For those reasons, I think we will likely remain free of CRZ for the foreseeable future.
Edited by Durh on 2/7/2013 2:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So 3 confirmed realms without CRZ?
And all 3 PVP =/
Blizzard hates me.

Maiev is not CRZ-free. Unless it somehow managed to be the ONLY straight PvP realm on its cluster.

no,

I've seen the Rainbow flag waving far and wide on that realm as well. Its a fun place.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/07/2013 01:18 PMPosted by Moused

I won't say there's no PvP on our realm, but I will say that it is very sparse. It's nothing like what you've heard about with all the various ganking complaint threads, that's for sure. Yeah, you might get killed now and then while doing your dailies, but for the most part, we tend to pass by each other without drawing our blades. The occasional fights break out now and then, and you end up caught in a turf war down in those stupid mines for the Shieldwall/Dominance quests, but it's not often enough to be a huge bother.

Yeah, there are guilds that we all love to hate, but most people seem to take the stance that if you aren't associating with them, there's no reason to go after you.

To be honest, we didn't chase anyone away. Ravenholdt is an old server. We were one of the last sets of servers released before the Burning Crusade came out (give or take a month left in classic). The community here has always been rather laid back. We don't push world firsts, or have top 100 guilds, so people left for progression reasons, or they just got bored. And yes, some moved factions or servers for PvP reasons (Horde did get a little bored at the end of Wrath and kept invading Stormwind).

But we've always been a very friendly sort of server across factions. I think most of us have alts on the opposite faction (hell, I have more 90 Alliance than I have Horde, and I've been an orc for seven years now), or have decent relations across the divide.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Will roll an ally when I get home from work. You have intrigued me!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/07/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Frostbringer
I've seen the Rainbow flag waving far and wide on that realm as well. Its a fun place.

I see what you did there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We shall see if all those anti crz and crz pvp whiners put their money where their mouths are and transfer or reroll.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Probably soon not to be CRZ free.
Reply Quote
70 Gnome Warlock
02/07/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Emily
Will roll an ally when I get home from work. You have intrigued me!

Yay!

Echoing what Lukar said. Ravenholdt really is genteel for a PvP-ruleset server. At times we attact those who suffer from Big Fish, Little Pond Syndrome who decide here because they can't handle a pure PvP server, but they they always seem to end up alienating their own faction in the process.

ETA: And as I fly over Icecrown on my Alliance mage, I spot not one, not two, not even three but five Scourged Whelplings. ;)
Edited by Dinpik on 2/7/2013 3:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
02/07/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Tonow
Probably soon not to be CRZ free.

As state above:
Our server is capable of CRZ, but the location means effectively we won't be CRZ'd unless Blizzard decides to mix different server types.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]