Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

100 Human Paladin
hey, i like light's hammer... -_-
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I suppose his logic is that the burst will offset the amount of control we lose when on a target. But the last sentence still doesn't make much sense to me, considering a ret actually has to work just to get to their target.

And everyone, even a bunch of Rets, are ignoring the value of snares beyond staying on target. I mean, most people are too stupid to see more than just themselves and their target, but still. GC should be aware of the other uses snares are put to.

If he doesn't want a snare attached to a seal, attach it to one of our melee abilities. Maybe attach it to CS so we actively have to press it like a warrior has to press Hamstring. All melee snares don't have to be mindless/automatic like Crippling Poison or Infected Wounds.

But all of them are. Warriors have a glyph to take it off the GCD, Rogues have a set bonus to make it automatic, Feral has it automatic, Monk's stays up indefinitely, Enhance has either a Shock or weapon imbue to get it for free, DKs get it for free...

Free (or at least extremely cheap) snares are a fact of melee life. Either redo the whole thing or just let Ret be treated equally for once.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If he doesn't want a snare attached to a seal, attach it to one of our melee abilities. Maybe attach it to CS so we actively have to press it like a warrior has to press Hamstring. All melee snares don't have to be mindless/automatic like Crippling Poison or Infected Wounds.

This is what I thought, too. Hell, I'd even take an ability that shared a cooldown with a rotational one as a tradeoff, as long as it was baseline (I suggested Judgment of Justice doing less damage or causing no Holy Power on the same cooldown as Judgment on the PTR thread). If I want a mindless snare, I'll talent into it, but I don't mind having a snare I have to use right, as long as I have the ability to use it.
100 Human Paladin
at least we'll still have the option of a talented snare instead of no snare at all - our baseline snare seems to have been largely regarded as a bad choice by everyone anyway. i'm not gonna get too mad about it - but then again, if it does end up feeling bad i can always go god tier on my monk instead. ;p
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/09/2013 10:04 PMPosted by Martana
at least we'll still have the option of a talented snare instead of no snare at all - our baseline snare seems to have been largely regarded as a bad choice by everyone anyway. i'm not gonna get too mad about it - but then again, if it does end up feeling bad i can always go god tier on my monk instead. ;p

I used it, as did many other Paladins. Whoever's saying no one used it is just wrong, plain and simple.

Spending a talent point for a mundane snare is also, frankly, insulting. It's hard to even think of an analogy since snares are so fundamental, but it's a little like if Rogues had Kick on their level 30 tier instead of Nerve Strike.
Edited by Elidra on 2/9/2013 10:45 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
hey, i've been using it too. i'm just not as ripped about the change as other people. i also didn't realize i was costing myself so much damage by using it, also, but it's also because i've never really been 'in competition' in any high-end pvp, for various reasons including a backwater, talentless server. i can understand the frustration of the situation (devs apparently seeing things in their data that does reflect what the community sees/does), but as someone who has basically given up on being high-end on anything in this game, i can't really be bothered to get angry over it. >.>
100 Human Paladin
arrrgh universal is doing a cg remake of the grinch who stole christmas! who thought this would be a good idea? trying to upstage chuck jones' classic? with cg? it doesn't make any sense!
100 Human Paladin
not even a human cartoon like jim carrey could hope to save that crusty botch of nature.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/09/2013 11:57 PMPosted by Lobster
They should have done a CG one instead of the weird live action Jim Carrey version.

Hey, I actually enjoyed that! I'm not even really that much of a Jim Carrey fan.
02/10/2013 12:58 AMPosted by Martana
not even a human cartoon like jim carrey could hope to save that crusty botch of nature.

You shut your damn mouth! :(
Edited by Muletia on 2/10/2013 1:43 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ah screw it. I wrote a wall of text and cited your post, Cayse:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811342046?page=61#1214
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Make that three posts. SOMEONE HOLD ME DOWN.
100 Draenei Paladin
I'm going to have to get around to get around to playing with seals on the ptr and comparing them to live. Specifically how much of a "dps boost" seal of justice will actually see. What the differences will be between that and seal of truth. And getting a better idea of what margin is for seal swapping to potentially pull ahead.

Just a napkin math comparison, assuming full usage of Justice procs on the new seal, it looks like a potential of 68.75% weapon damage per melee swing. 275% weapon damage (TV) * 25% additional damage per proc = 68.75% weapon damage. Or is that math wrong?
100 Draenei Paladin
02/10/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Snozberries
Just a napkin math comparison, assuming full usage of Justice procs on the new seal, it looks like a potential of 68.75% weapon damage per melee swing. 275% weapon damage (TV) * 25% additional damage per proc = 68.75% weapon damage. Or is that math wrong?

I think I heared that a full five stacks deals about as much damage as crusader strike.(On top of the TV damage.)

I'm guessing the damage is calculated off of base damage, not TV damage.
Edited by Astaeri on 2/10/2013 8:58 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Isn't the new SoJ 25% weapon damage, not 25% of a TV?
100 Draenei Paladin
Isn't the new SoJ 25% weapon damage, not 25% of a TV?

Looks that way, and makes more sense. Just looking at it, that's still a pretty big jump from 16% with the current Justice. Assuming you'll be able to actually use those stacks.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I've had CS:GO for a few months now but have only just seen the trailer. I liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edYCtaNueQY

Looks that way, and makes more sense. Just looking at it, that's still a pretty big jump from 16% with the current Justice. Assuming you'll be able to actually use those stacks.

I guess one way to look at the new SoJ is every "melee" attack deals 25% weapon damage, including Judgment, except TV. The old SoJ did 16% weapon damage on every "melee" attack, including TV, except Judgment. And of course the new one is spikier.

It'll be interesting for sure. I hope the devs relent and give us this and "Holy Hamstring." And then let Holy Ham (almost as tasty as Bacon of Light) be refreshed by TV via a major glyph. This would be so Ret doesn't have to waste a GCD every 8 sec, sorta like how warrior doesn't have to with Glyph of Hindering Strikes, or how rogue and Feral never do with Crippling and Infected Wounds.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]