Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

90 Tauren Paladin
02/12/2013 02:16 AMPosted by Muletia
Ours, I'm the only one who is ever above our tank, and I can do it fairly consistently too. As we get more kills a few people are moving up closer.. but there's still a couple who are barely doing any aoe.

We have zero chance of catching our tank. He's doing 600k DPS on heroic. The best I can do is about 250k atm and our best DPS is doing 300k.

Also .. are you enjoying the 16 Brutal Gladiator's Mutilator that you apparently bought (according to the armory feed).

Just curious... How many reck phases did you have? Those numbers seem a little low for heroic for the standard 3 burn phases. 1 tank 2 heal, 1 tank 3 heal o.O?
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/12/2013 12:35 AMPosted by Cayse
I'll reach my 6k this week, maybe tomorrow, and want to try not to fail too horribly at the PvP quest; have 3900 honor stashed and epic PvP gloves from Sha. Suggestions on spending the points for maximum effect, or is current Conq gear going to Honor with patch in two weeks?

Next season's malevolent gear is not the same as this season's, it's an entirely new itemid. It's a little convoluted, but basically to allow the preservation of people who upgraded current gear, existing gear will keep its ilvl (whether it's 483, 487 or 491 depending on upgrading), and the new malevolent gear is 476. Current honor gear is becoming the crafted set, with no itemization changes that I know of.

Maybe I'm still just waking up and need more caffeine, but that seemed so convoluted that I really didn't get it. In two weeks, I'm'na be able to craft PvP gear with set bonuses to match the vendor stuff? If so, what's gonna be bought with honor then? Or does that matter - is honor getting wiped, too, or just conquest? 'Cause I have zero conquest to worry about.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All these guys comparing Ret dps to wet noodles... not sure if they've ever been hit by actual wet noodles.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/12/2013 12:53 AMPosted by Martana
i actually like that the pvp gear is going to have low primary stats but huge pvp stats, it might keep things from becoming more and more absurd as the seasons go forward. i don't know if this game's pvp could stand the strain of having a ton more primary and secondary stats on pvp gear, really. people already drop in seconds in pvp right now, after all.

Oh no, it's just something specifically for the honor level gear. There is a massive drop in pvp power when you go to the two tiers of conquest gear.. it's basically to inflate the effective ilvl of honor gear without making the actual ilvl higher. The 476 honor gear has more pvp power and resil than the 512.

Also .. are you enjoying the 16 Brutal Gladiator's Mutilator that you apparently bought (according to the armory feed).

It's where a good 20k of my current giant pile of gold came from, so yes!

02/12/2013 08:32 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
but that seemed so convoluted that I really didn't get it.

Because it was extremely convoluted!

02/12/2013 08:32 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
In two weeks, I'm'na be able to craft PvP gear with set bonuses to match the vendor stuff? If so, what's gonna be bought with honor then? Or does that matter - is honor getting wiped, too, or just conquest? 'Cause I have zero conquest to worry about.

Conquest and valor are both getting the standard downgrade to their standard honor/justice caps.

458 Dreadful gear will become the new crafted gear, replacing the 450 contender's gear.

A whole new set of 476 gear called Malevolent will be the honor set. It has very high pvp power and resil compared to the previous Malevolent and the upcoming Tyrannical sets. (Dreadful has similar inflated pvp stats)

Current 483 Malevolent will continue to exist, so as not to take it away from people who have it or have upgraded it.

And 493 Tyrannical will be next season's tier 1 conquest gear.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Okay. So it sounds like I should just sit on my honor until the 26th, and store up some mats. Which is kinda what I thought you were getting at, but synapses don't fire so well that early with no caffeine or bacon basmatti. LOL
100 Draenei Paladin
02/12/2013 02:44 AMPosted by Carbuncle
Just curious... How many reck phases did you have? Those numbers seem a little low for heroic for the standard 3 burn phases. 1 tank 2 heal, 1 tank 3 heal o.O?

1 tank 3 heal, 3 reck phases killing in the 3rd: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qbfxtenip41xz29y/sum/damageDone/?s=9648&e=10033

Our issue was blowing everybody up. :(
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Why do the Booty Bay guards have to hit so hard? :(
100 Draenei Paladin
Yay got a Rose, not the mount but still lovely. I wish it was a vanity item instead of an actual helm. That or transmogable.

02/12/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Vlada

There's some jokes in that there sentence.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/12/2013 12:37 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/12/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Vlada

If you haven't done any of the quests at stranglehorn, you can do a quest where Booty Bay gets phased and the guards are lvl 35. You can't get rep from killing them but you can still farm the npcs.

02/12/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
There's some jokes in that there sentence.

I see what you did there.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/12/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Aglaea
You can't get rep from killing them but you can still farm the npcs.

Unless they fixed it, you can be phased to the level 90 bruisers phase, in a group with somebody in the level 34 bruisers phase and when they kill them you also get the rep.

It does require the use of 2 accounts - or a friend who is willing to repeatedly kill guards for you.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/12/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Aglaea
If you haven't done any of the quests at stranglehorn, you can do a quest where Booty Bay gets phased and the guards are lvl 35. You can't get rep from killing them but you can still farm the npcs.

Sadly, I went through and got Loremaster a year or 2 ago, so that's out :(

Asking people to help with this is like pulling teeth with a twisted arm.

Edit~
Unless they fixed it, you can be phased to the level 90 bruisers phase, in a group with somebody in the level 34 bruisers phase and when they kill them you also get the rep.

It does require the use of 2 accounts - or a friend who is willing to repeatedly kill guards for you.

Oh snap, forgot about that. I do have 2 accounts, so yay. Now then... 1800 junkboxes to go.
Edited by Vlada on 2/12/2013 3:29 PM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
02/12/2013 10:02 AMPosted by Aglaea
All these guys comparing Ret dps to wet noodles... not sure if they've ever been hit by actual wet noodles.

Especially a wet fun noodle. Those things hurt!
100 Draenei Paladin
02/12/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Snozberries
Especially a wet fun noodle.

Not sure if want .. in fact ..

DO NOT WANT!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Haha, how does that even happen?

Caden and I commented within 15s of each other on the "Favourite Weapon" thread.
100 Draenei Paladin
There's something incredibly aggravating about going from hitting Tsulong's enrage at 17% health, and finally hitting enrage with 4% health. And having little idea of what was done differently. Add duty feels very different on 25, though.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So sick of doing LFR for Leishen and that annoying 3rd boss for the Vortex trinket and only getting gold. About to replace my blue trinket with the one from Domination even though its ranked as one of the worst trinkets from the list on MMO.
100 Human Paladin
i'm kind of glad lfr exists because otherwise i don't think i'd see most of the raid content for this expac. bladelord continues to stonewall my guild. hopefully an effective strategy will arise for the second phase. i don't i can take many more weeks of dying to him. >:|
90 Dwarf Paladin
Well, got my 6k VP, and 5.2 got pushed back at least a week...Debating attempting to "free-HK" my way through the PvP quest just so I can get it over with. >_<
100 Draenei Paladin
Haha, how does that even happen?

Caden and I commented within 15s of each other on the "Favourite Weapon" thread.

Quit stalking me! :P

02/12/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
and 5.2 got pushed back at least a week

Looks that way, thank the Light. We're working on Sha and making progress but people keep being retarded on the Pavilion Bosses.

We also just lost one of our main Healers, permanently it seems. They were also my Challenge Mode Healer...

Just when things were starting to go well.

/sigh
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/12/2013 10:59 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/12/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Martana
i'm kind of glad lfr exists because otherwise i don't think i'd see most of the raid content for this expac. bladelord continues to stonewall my guild. hopefully an effective strategy will arise for the second phase. i don't i can take many more weeks of dying to him. >:|

I hear ya. We just got Elegon down tonight. We've spent about half of our combined raid hours on him.

We've had to PuG our second healer for the last 2 months. I do way too much dps to be that healer, which is good and bad. I guess I'm thankful that I don't care all that much like I used to. Being hardcore about this game can be tiring. LFR did enable me to see the raids, although I can't really say I was impressed. Now it's painful to do these raids on normal, cause one or two of the group is still in LFR mentality... and one or two people dropping the ball causes a wipe. And that's been the last 2 months or so.

They better never make me any type of raid leader, pretty sure I'd be a major A-hole. And I have enough problems being too honest with people :x
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]