Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

90 Dwarf Paladin
Just when things were starting to go well.

/sigh

Know what you mean. Most recent batch of guild drama has forced me back into the role of an LFR hero...And has just about put the final nail in my WoW coffin, to boot.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 2/12/2013 11:12 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Damn that fuild drama to hell, says I!
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Just when things were starting to go well.

/sigh

Know what you mean. Most recent batch of guild drama has forced me back into the role of an LFR hero...And has just about put the final nail in my WoW coffin, to boot.

Same here :( GM transferred to a more progressed guild and the group fell apart. That ended up being the last nail for me, at least 6 months.
100 Human Paladin
it's getting to the point where i have to drink in order to have fun raiding, which isn't that great. i mean, it's kind of funny but i lose my 'stop dying to avoidable !@#$' filter and make my guild mad with me. at this point if things don't get better i might just become casual scum or quit altogether. maybe i'll go horde so i can pvp with you guys and just do lfr. i dunno. kind of bummed about the whole thing, really.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Nothing wrong with quitting the game, really. Think of all the ways you could be productive.

Scary, huh?

E~
I don't want to buy into the whole 'wow is dying' crap, cause it isn't. There just isn't really much reason to keep playing. I mean, other than pure enjoyment or the lack of anything better to do. Where do you fall? I think once I hit 90, it was all downhill for this xpac. The more time I put into dailies and dungeons, the harder it became. I rushed to get geared ASAP, only to have my guild take its sweet !@# time. We lost both our healers and both of our back up healers. And that's not even the the annoying part. People have lost their drive. Which, in turn, makes me care just a little less every day. Wow isn't dying, but I think the thrill is gone. And it shows.
Edited by Vlada on 2/12/2013 11:42 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/12/2013 11:39 PMPosted by Lobster
It's hard, or at least sad, to quit something you've invested so much time in. We'll all have to do it someday though.

Yup. It's that investment that has kept me from truly enjoying any other MMO, except WAR... cause it was just that awesome. But think of how many memories you have that associate with this game. It's been a part of your life. But, as you say, things run their course. And when that happens, it's usually time to move on.
100 Draenei Paladin
My but we're a deep, depressing lot tonight Libram.

Someone pass around the alcoholic beverages and start up the slow country music.

02/12/2013 11:05 PMPosted by Grôgnárd

:(

I sorry. Drama is always terrible and yours must have been pretty rough to have you leave the guild.

I would almost rather give up raiding then shelve my fun little Challenge Mode group, but shelved it looks like it shall be.

Boo drama.

02/12/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Lobster
I feel like this raid tier destroyed more guilds than it created as far as participation and raiding goes

I saw more then a few guilds on my server break up over this Tier, oddly I don't think this particular Tier was ever that serious a threat for my guild despite my own constant complaints about it.

The closest we were ever to breaking apart was coming out of Wrath and into Cata. Going from being one of the better "casual" guilds around the server to barely holding together in Tier 11 was rough.

Trying to revive our 25 Man core again after it's demise at the end of Wrath nearly broke us until we finally fully dedicated to being a 10 Man guild.

It's been a steady, if slow decline since then though really.

Now here we are scraping bottom for raiders these days. We've lost a Healer with no solid replacement in line to take their spot and are in danger of loosing a DPS as well. Throw in all our conflicting schedule problems and I really am amazed we managed to make it this far in the Tier.

02/12/2013 11:39 PMPosted by Lobster
It's hard, or at least sad, to quit something you've invested so much time in. We'll all have to do it someday though.

It is sad and it is hard to move on from something like WoW, a lot of people laugh at that notion but it's true.

This is more then a game, it's a medium for wide scale social interaction and now with WoW getting closer to the 10 Year mark it has been apart of so many peoples lives for so long now.

I was still in college when I started and I certainly never thought at the time that I'd still be playing now.

The people you meet, the social ties that come and go over the years, it all really does make you more attached then you think a game could.

i dunno. kind of bummed about the whole thing, really.

:(

/comfort
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/13/2013 12:19 AM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
Yay, Sha finally coughed up an axe for me. Looks like un-upgraded it's a tiny tiny upgrade over double upgraded Starshatter .. only have enough VP for a single upgrade at the moment. Should be able to double upgrade it by the end of this week tho if I stop slacking and do dailies/lfr/etc.

[e] and heroic bracers from Gara'jal .. such a nice night for loot.
Edited by Muletia on 2/13/2013 3:32 AM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
Just curious... How many reck phases did you have? Those numbers seem a little low for heroic for the standard 3 burn phases. 1 tank 2 heal, 1 tank 3 heal o.O?

1 tank 3 heal, 3 reck phases killing in the 3rd: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qbfxtenip41xz29y/sum/damageDone/?s=9648&e=10033

Our issue was blowing everybody up. :(

Ahh, just wondering. We got our first kill on sunday and I think our lowest was the purge spamming shammy at 230k.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/oh137nvd8kbfowz6/

I think we got a little lucky though, even with the new trial hunter, no interrupts, very clean first kill, and that doesn't happen often for us =p
Edited by Carbuncle on 2/13/2013 3:26 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/12/2013 11:34 PMPosted by Lobster
I feel like this raid tier destroyed more guilds than it created as far as participation and raiding goes.. on a large scale I mean. Not gonna lie, even my guild barely held together at some points and it's been around since vanilla. We're losing even more raiders too. At least we have replacements this time around, but who knows what next tier will do to us.

My guild would have died many times over if it hadn't existed since the server went up. We keep losing people, but we seem to have an inexhaustible supply of contacts and old raiders willing to come (re)join us from other servers.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/12/2013 11:05 PMPosted by Grôgnárd

02/12/2013 11:20 PMPosted by Arte
Same here :( GM transferred to a more progressed guild and the group fell apart. That ended up being the last nail for me, at least 6 months.

:( :(
I feel like this raid tier destroyed more guilds than it created as far as participation and raiding goes.. on a large scale I mean. Not gonna lie, even my guild barely held together at some points and it's been around since vanilla. We're losing even more raiders too. At least we have replacements this time around, but who knows what next tier will do to us.

It's been a pretty rough tier. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the difficulty curve emulates Cata.

We've been routinely losing raiders to RL more than the tier. But then our recruitment officer has been doing a phenomenal job bringing in fresh faces.

I was still in college when I started and I certainly never thought at the time that I'd still be playing now.

The people you meet, the social ties that come and go over the years, it all really does make you more attached then you think a game could.

Same for me. If it weren't for the social ties, I would have quit this game years ago.
100 Human Paladin
Moring Pally crew

Happy Wednesday.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/13/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Elidra
but we seem to have an inexhaustible supply of contacts and old raiders willing to come (re)join us from other servers.

Spare a cup of Healer neighbor? <_<

Blue Healer if you would, Red Healer always make the raid turn out terribly.

Same for me. If it weren't for the social ties, I would have quit this game years ago.

Yup. I love WoW as a game and have gotten pretty rabid over parts of it, like the lore, but it's the various people over the years that have kept me here.
100 Draenei Paladin
My experience has been the opposite - I'm currently in the best guild situation I've ever been in, and this tier has consequently been one of my favorite experiences in WoW. Looking forward to 5.2 quite a bit.

Sorry to hear that you guys aren't having fun though :-(
100 Human Paladin
Yea guild dramu is never fun

Glad to be in the guild I am, its been really stable
100 Draenei Paladin
We're still raiding but are recruiting. We currently have an 11 person roster but we like to have 13 or 14 simply because we know people have lives outside the game so we don't expect 100% attendance. We do however want high attendance.

We picked up a DK tank last lockout (seems to be doing well) but are still after a healer and 2 ranged DPS. Were contacted by a Hunter last night, gear looks good, no heroic experience but that's not a biggie, currently 16/16.

Right now we're looking for our roster to be ready for 5.2.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/13/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Muletia
no heroic experience but that's not a biggie

"How can I get heroic experience if no one will recruit me!!"

Rabble!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]