Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

100 Draenei Paladin
14% wipe on Sha.

/headdesk
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/13/2013 10:20 PMPosted by Jackishi
I just feel like it's missing something, and it's not solving what it set out to do.

Well no !@#$, that's what we all said day one.
100 Human Paladin
hopefully it gets into working order so it gets decent testing. i half expect it to get reverted with a 'here's your dead seal back, don't expect anything for the rest of the expac' or something, though. ;p
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/13/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Martana
hopefully it gets into working order so it gets decent testing. i half expect it to get reverted with a 'here's your dead seal back, don't expect anything for the rest of the expac' or something, though. ;p

Well I'd certainly prefer the old one to this new one, since I want a snare and FoJ.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/13/2013 10:46 PMPosted by Elidra
I just feel like it's missing something, and it's not solving what it set out to do.

Well no !@#$, that's what we all said day one.

._. Sorry.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/13/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Jackishi
._. Sorry.

No need to apologize, unless you had a hand in designing it. My rudeness was for the developers, not you for pointing it out.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
._. Sorry.

No need to apologize, unless you had a hand in designing it. My rudeness was for the developers, not you for pointing it out.

Ah, misunderstood where the vitriol was aimed at. Sorry for that, instead. :P

But I won't lie. I wanted to be optimistic about the SoJ change, but having actually used it...it's not faring well for the Seal. Either they keep the change and leave Rets pretty frustrated trying to wrap their heads around its usage, or else they leave it as is and leave Rets pretty frustrated around nothing being done.

I also feel like they tried too hard to reinvent the wheel for Ret, and at too late a juncture for them to actually test and polish out these changes...with three weeks left for the patch's projected launch, it's not looking well.
Edited by Jackishi on 2/13/2013 11:18 PM PST
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/13/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Jackishi
with three weeks left for the patch's projected launch, it's not looking well.

Don't worry, they never let half !@# things go live... *cough*
100 Draenei Paladin
What confuses me is, they could just add a small buff to the current SoJ to provide more consistent burst. Unless ~18-20% weapon damage just pushes it past Truth, it seems like that should add quite a bit of impact to consistent burst.
100 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

So SoJ isnt working out? Color me unsurprised

02/13/2013 10:45 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
14% wipe on Sha

Worst thing about wipes at low percentages on that fight, is that the fight is like 5 hours long

Seriously, screw that fight.
90 Dwarf Paladin
14% wipe on Sha.

/headdesk

How're you guys handling Hero and burst on that fight?
100 Pandaren Shaman
WE'RE UNDER ATTACK, REQUESTING BACKUP, OVER. SHAMAN DOWN.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/14/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Worst thing about wipes at low percentages on that fight, is that the fight is like 5 hours long

I know. Ugh.

02/14/2013 08:43 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
How're you guys handling Hero and burst on that fight?

We're heroing at the start at the moment since you can hero twice in that fight and we hero the next time after a return from the platforms with the buff. As for burst everyone tries to save one CD for the platforms at least.

For instance at the start I use Wings and Guardian for the Hero burn and save HA for cackle, if I'm not cackled first HA goes into DPSing the Sha/adds.

We're still playing with things, we have the fight mostly figured out, people just need to stop randomly going derp.

02/14/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Rude
WE'RE UNDER ATTACK, REQUESTING BACKUP, OVER. SHAMAN DOWN.

Silly Panda, Librams are for Paladins. Shoo, back to your Totem.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/14/2013 9:56 AM PST
100 Pandaren Shaman
02/14/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Silly Panda, Librams are for Paladins. Shoo, back to your Totem.

IT'S GONE
100 Human Paladin
02/14/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
We're still playing with things, we have the fight mostly figured out, people just need to stop randomly going derp.

Yea thats really the only hard thing about that fight, its an incredibly boring fight.
100 Human Paladin
02/14/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Lobster
Pain is wiping on an attempt you've already invested 15+ minutes on. Sha is a 20ish minute fight or so... the lowest we've gotten him is 30%. I don't know who at Blizzard thinks really long and really annoying fights are fun, but I want to punch them. I want to punch them a whole bunch.

Lobster, going to Wondercon?
100 Draenei Paladin
02/14/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Rude
IT'S GONE

Wat?

02/14/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Yea thats really the only hard thing about that fight, its an incredibly boring fight.

It is rather dull, I don't think I really have a favorite fight in this Tier though.

Maybe Elegon.

I don't know who at Blizzard thinks really long and really annoying fights are fun, but I want to punch them. I want to punch them a whole bunch.

The longer the fight the more epic it is.....amirite?

Seriously though, DW 2.0 booooooo.

At least there's no random fall to your death glitch in this fight.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 2/14/2013 10:08 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]