Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/07/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Covahredro
Does anyone else think Taste of Blood went looking at this?, anyway sucks losing the snare but more dmg? "Why thank ya sir, why thank ya very much".

It still isn't more sustained damage than SoT, by GC's own admission, so it'll still see little use.

All I can see coming from this is using it with CDs to set up some meaty TVs, but it does nothing to improve sustained damage outside of them.

Combined with removing the snare, it's a really stupid change that solves none of the issues it was meant to and creates others.
Edited by Elidra on 2/7/2013 2:02 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
Hrm

Dont think taking away the utility of the SoJ snare is worth that stacking debuff

It was bad enough when they took away its ability to AOE snare with Hammer.
100 Draenei Paladin
It is a nearly pointless change, SoJ still won't overtake Truth in sustained damage and this change is no buff to sustained as GC tries to imply just another bursty gimmick.

Removing the snare puts the nail in the coffin before it's even born.

There's also really no attempt to address our sustained in PVE there and I do not want to be messing with gimmicky situations where the SoJ TV stack "might" eek out more damage.
100 Human Paladin
Yea, more burst wasnt what was needed

Especially more burst at the cost of utility.
90 Dwarf Paladin
The SoR change makes it - what? 24% weapon? Seems substantial, but is it yet worth the global - and on how many targets?
100 Draenei Paladin
02/07/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
The SoR change makes it - what? 24%

Wat.

It does 6% now so wouldn't a 50% buff put it up to 9%?
90 Dwarf Paladin
Bah. Was confusing SoJ's (I think?) percentage with SoR's - which just goes to show how infrequently SoR was used.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
God I miss Warhammer Online :(
90 Blood Elf Warrior
02/07/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Vlada
God I miss Warhammer Online :(

i do too :(
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Ironbreakers would make great Rets.
90 Tauren Paladin
02/07/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Covahredro
It won't snare at all

Oooooh boy, prepare for a storm of complaints now that we have to talent just to get a snare. -_-
90 Tauren Paladin

Oooooh boy, prepare for a storm of complaints now that we have to talent just to get a snare. -_-

At least those complaints will be warranted. Rare for these forums...

True, Ret shouldn't have to waste a talent point to be able to stick to a target.
Edited by Shiralia on 2/7/2013 3:16 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wonder why GC's back on the "Ret can't have what melee need without huge sacrifices" kick again.
100 Human Paladin
02/07/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Lobster
Some dumb feral druid thinks all I do is LFR,

Did this druid not check your armory or something?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]