Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

90 Dwarf Paladin
02/14/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
How're you guys handling Hero and burst on that fight?

We're heroing at the start at the moment since you can hero twice in that fight and we hero the next time after a return from the platforms with the buff. As for burst everyone tries to save one CD for the platforms at least.

For instance at the start I use Wings and Guardian for the Hero burn and save HA for cackle, if I'm not cackled first HA goes into DPSing the Sha/adds.

We're still playing with things, we have the fight mostly figured out, people just need to stop randomly going derp.

Mmkay. Sounds about like what we did, and we had a few sub-20% wipes, ourselves. We were holding all burst for Pagodas, though, unless you weren't Cackled at the start and had burn abilities that were on a 90s or less recharge. Trick we found was to make sure and hit Sha hard during Breath and, for me, Double Jeopardy to multi-DoT Sha and whichever add. Long Arm, also, seemed to really give me an edge on bouncing between adds and getting into safety cone before Breath.
100 Draenei Paladin
Hmmmm.

Draenei Monks don't seem to use their weapon in their attack animations at all. D:

I thought all Monks used their weapon for the Jab attack?

02/14/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Double Jeopardy to multi-DoT Sha and whichever add.

I've been trying to do this myself.

02/14/2013 05:49 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Long Arm, also

Love Long Arm for this fight, more and more it's becoming my favorite Tier 1 Talent.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Yeah, I made the mistake of going back to PoJ early one this expansion, but the amount of movement has gotten me back to LAotL, now.

I use a macro to help with DubJep, for fights where I really want it. Press casts normally, use a modifier command to cast at focus. Works really great for moving between adds on opposite sides of the platform since you can't Judge the adds for LAotL.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW2GmHB5xs

Hm, first I've heard of this, could be interesting. It's by the same guy who does the fight scenes and choreography for RvB, which has gotten pretty good the last few seasons.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/14/2013 06:13 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
I use a macro to help with DubJep, for fights where I really want it. Press casts normally, use a modifier command to cast at focus.

Why didn't I think of that......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW2GmHB5xs

Hm, first I've heard of this, could be interesting. It's by the same guy who does the fight scenes and choreography for RvB, which has gotten pretty good the last few seasons.

First thing I thought when I saw the hooded girl standing there at the start was Red Dorothy.

Video was cool, teen girls in short skirts always save the world. Loved the scythe gun.
90 Blood Elf Warrior

RvB is still going on?! i remember that from when i was really into Halo like 5 years ago...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/14/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Idoma
RvB is still going on?! i remember that from when i was really into Halo like 5 years ago...

It is. The last several seasons have deviated somewhat from what it originally was, as most such things do. It now has more of a plot, and is sometimes more serious, but it still has some pretty good humour, and some pretty great fight scenes at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9wtbzGjCI
100 Human Paladin
Double axe drop on Sha tonight, poor other Ret in the raid doesnt have to lug around his LFR axe anymore
90 Dwarf Paladin
...I hate your raid, Chaz...
100 Human Paladin
25 mans get the loots
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I just pugged a HoF and even though I was number two in DPS, I barely pulled 55k on recount which seems really low with my gear. Can someone check my gear and see if I'm doing something wrong?
100 Human Paladin
so hey, that new short story is really good! you guys should read it.
90 Draenei Paladin
Anyone still playing Guild Wars 2?

Add me: Christos de Soufre.3802 or Christia Dawnheart (on Blackgate)

Surprise, I play a Guardian. :)

02/14/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Why didn't I think of that......

I actually have a macro that lets me cast Judgment on whatever I have my mouse over instead of my actual target. Very useful for DubJep.
Edited by Svayne on 2/15/2013 5:36 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/15/2013 05:34 AMPosted by Svayne
I actually have a macro that lets me cast Judgment on whatever I have my mouse over instead of my actual target. Very useful for DubJep.

Wouldn't work for me. For some reason I pretty much have rightclick held down 100% of them time in combat.
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/14/2013 11:39 PMPosted by Aglaea
So I just pugged a HoF and even though I was number two in DPS, I barely pulled 55k on recount which seems really low with my gear. Can someone check my gear and see if I'm doing something wrong?

Does seem a touch low, but the only thing I can find that might be causing that is you newest trinket; what did you have before picking up the Skullrender?

Anyone still playing Guild Wars 2?

Add me: Christos de Soufre.3802 or Christia Dawnheart (on Blackgate)

Surprise, I play a Guardian. :)

Haven't really touched it in months 'cause I got about twenty levels ahead of the wife and she's been slacking on getting caught up. LOL

And because she let a friend talk her into it, we foolishly rolled on a Euro server; can't friend/play NA can we?

02/15/2013 05:34 AMPosted by Svayne

I've considered that, but offensive mouseovers seem very twitchy and unreliable to me. I do that for taunts in tank specs, but that's about it.
100 Human Paladin
Morning Pally Crew

Happy Friday.

02/14/2013 11:39 PMPosted by Aglaea

55k over all, or on a specific fight?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/15/2013 07:39 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
Does seem a touch low, but the only thing I can find that might be causing that is you newest trinket; what did you have before picking up the Skullrender?

Had the dragonling with hit/exp/haste cogs in them. Sick of getting gold from LFR MSV and Terrance and I'm not revered with Shado Pan (also not lucky with heroics).

quote="79224197997"]55k over all, or on a specific fight?[/quote]

Well we wiped on the first boss four times because no one can avoid the moving orbs from the second phase. I guess it's just that boss.
100 Human Paladin
DPS is the least of the raids worries if they cant dodge attunements.
90 Dwarf Paladin
Funny, I spent about 45 mins wiping on that same boss last night, too, because people couldn't dodge Attenuate...Or even survive Force and Verve. LOL

But I was still putting up over 70k every wipe, usually being one of the last two to die. Only things I can think of are the trinket (which is better than the Dragonling), that there's a problem with your rotation, or that you're mishandling your CDs - none of which seem likely. What was your buff sheet like? Were you missing crit or AP?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]