Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

90 Blood Elf Warrior
Crap i knew I forgot something. I had the food buff and I didn't feel like using another flask during the middle of the second phase when it ran out because three DPS died from attunements. I'll get some burst pots and see if it increases my dps. I can only use one per fight correct?

technically yes. you can use only one while in combat. but what you can do is you 'pre pot' so you drink one a few seconds before you enter combat. once the potion comes off cooldown you are free to drink another during combat.

02/15/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Tailias
Sorry, I'm getting angry again. Calm down... calm down... in three or so weeks you're not even healing anymore... the bad graphic is gone... deep breaths...
es

/soothes
we wiped soooo many times on zorlok due to that thing. its ok... there there.

02/15/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Pffft on your Holy Paladin problems!!!

i'm not a holy paladin!
Edited by Idoma on 2/15/2013 1:01 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
The holy paladin issues with that trinket were terrible

But I miss going translucent and stary when mine procced.
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/15/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Aglaea
I'll get some burst pots and see if it increases my dps. I can only use one per fight correct?

Yes, but, as Idoma said, you can pre-pot and cheat two into one fight. I still don't think all of that would grant you this 22k discrepancy between us, but it might help to close that gap...I'm still just baffled, really.

Gut still says to blame the trinket, though; screw Lei Shi and just feed coins to Will until you get the Final Orders would be my recommendation.
100 Draenei Paladin
Great. So I get to lose my 2 minute AW in 5.2 and the PvP set gets it. It's probably the only reason I feel competitive with the other raiders at the moment - being able to chaingun HoW every 2 minutes to catch up again. I guess losing the 4pc bonus will just push me to HA which is every 2 minutes - at least I can line every 3rd HA up with AW .. or something.
86 Human Warrior
02/15/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Muletia
Great. So I get to lose my 2 minute AW in 5.2 and the PvP set gets it. It's probably the only reason I feel competitive with the other raiders at the moment - being able to chaingun HoW every 2 minutes to catch up again. I guess losing the 4pc bonus will just push me to HA which is every 2 minutes - at least I can line every 3rd HA up with AW .. or something.

You could glyph it to have extra wings, then get paladin challenge mode armor, so many wings...
90 Dwarf Paladin
Math has been pushing the 4pT15 towards HA, anyway. Chain-gunning HolyTVs will be pretty awesome, but probably not as cool as HoW-spam.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 2/15/2013 1:34 PM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
02/15/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Rocax
You could glyph it to have extra wings, then get paladin challenge mode armor, so many wings...

I do glyph for extra wings and CMs can blow me.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/15/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Rocax

Yo dawg I herd you lyk2look flyy so we put wings on yo wings so you can OMG I ACCIDENTALLY A RET PALADIN.

...Wingception? I dunno where to go with this one.

Edit: I wonder why at this point they just didn't make Wings a 2 minute cooldown baseline for Ret? I won't really mind the loss of our old 4pc (though it was pretty cool), but it seems that's been the answer for both PvE and PvP lately.
Edited by Jackishi on 2/15/2013 1:45 PM PST
90 Dwarf Paladin
Agreed. I begin to wonder just how competitive we would have been for any of Cata had Wings not been talented down to 2mins. But I don't see it happening, as they're trying to prevent excessive CD stacking and, if Wings were baseline 2mins for Ret, a good many Rets might start taking HA, creating the perception of it being mandatory.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/15/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
This just in

Huzzah!

02/15/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Later they try to save face by going on about "After testing and feedback we've decided......"

Sounds about right. I'll happily take the revert anyway.

Actually... I hope they really do some testing on changing SoJ to 20% and not just base it off my napkin math. It would suck if that somehow overtook SoT or made it worth it to seal twist, and necessitates some sort of hotfix nerf.

02/15/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Agreed. I begin to wonder just how competitive we would have been for any of Cata had Wings not been talented down to 2mins. But I don't see it happening, as they're trying to prevent excessive CD stacking and, if Wings were baseline 2mins for Ret, a good many Rets might start taking HA, creating the perception of it being mandatory.

Huh. I would think that a 2 minute cooldown would be just as, if not stronger fro SW.
Edited by Snozberries on 2/15/2013 2:02 PM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
02/15/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
But I don't see it happening, as they're trying to prevent excessive CD stacking and, if Wings were baseline 2mins for Ret, a good many Rets might start taking HA, creating the perception of it being mandatory.

They're already making other talents mandatory so they might as well go for it.

Personally I am going to miss the reduced AW cool down.

02/15/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Muletia
and CMs can blow me.

Whoa there, so much rage. O_o
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/15/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Gut still says to blame the trinket, though; screw Lei Shi and just feed coins to Will until you get the Final Orders would be my recommendation.

Yeah sick of getting gold from both Will and that stupid water boss from Terrance that's why I got the domination trinket even though I know it's ranked pretty low from the BiS trinket list from MMO champ.

That's exactly what I do lol. The S11 armor I'm wearing has angel wing designs on the gloves and legs too. The shoulders don't match exactly but you could say I'm... wingin' it.
/sunglasses

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Edited by Aglaea on 2/15/2013 2:29 PM PST
86 Human Warrior

Yo dawg I herd you lyk2look flyy so we put wings on yo wings so you can OMG I ACCIDENTALLY A RET PALADIN.

...Wingception? I dunno where to go with this one.

Edit: I wonder why at this point they just didn't make Wings a 2 minute cooldown baseline for Ret? I won't really mind the loss of our old 4pc (though it was pretty cool), but it seems that's been the answer for both PvE and PvP lately.

You're the father.

Shoulda used that ther Blessing of Protection.

Or should I say hand...
Edited by Rocax on 2/15/2013 2:47 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
Well just because you'll be machine gunning TV's doesnt mean our 4 piece will be procing to make it holy that entire time, you could get no procs at all theoretically.
100 Draenei Paladin
02/15/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Cadenbrie

Don't be silly, I'm a Paladin, I have no rage, just directed anger.
86 Human Warrior
I project anger at Holy Light.

I've casted it a handful of times into expansion so far. I'm still not a fan of the expensive & fast/cheap & weak/slow & large healing model.
100 Human Paladin
02/15/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Muletia

Don't be silly, I'm a Paladin, I have no rage, just directed anger.

Had a paladin in our guild, he was ret, his name was Blueragebar. I chuckled
100 Draenei Paladin
Wow.

All these years and I just now realized that Bolvar becoming the new Lich King was shown as an easter egg in Draenei questing on Azuremyst back in BC.

Makes his fate seem less sad depending on how you interpret the vision.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]