Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

90 Tauren Paladin
Also, has anyone else noticed that this looks pretty similar to Crusader Strike/Holy Strike in the original WoW beta?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/07/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Hafleur
Is it only on Judgment? When I first read the description, I thought GC meant Judgment as well as attacks that currently apply Justice. Your interpretation is too slow, and mine may be too fast. hrm

Just reread it, you're probably right.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No wonder you like goats so much. It all makes sense!

it's not sexual, everyone, i swear
90 Draenei Paladin
This just doesn't seem that big of a deal to me. It sounds like you want to be equal for equality's sake. It's not that huge of a tradeoff in a raid to spec Burden of Guilt.

As for PvP, this only affects us in two ways: 1, somewhat of a nerf to arena Ret-caster synergy, and 2, BoG will be a little better for solo PvP. Again, not the end of the world like some paladins are making it out to be. Truth-FoJ is already generally better in 3's and Truth-BoG is already generally better in RBG's.

I really dislike the fact I'll be pigeon-holed into BoG for running bgs. Considering I'm probably going to go hunter+priest+ret next season with some friends, this will also effectively pigeon-hole me into that as well. This change frees up seals from the talent grid, but removes a great deal of choice in talents.

As much as I love running with FoJ, BoG will be hands down the dominant ret talent if this change goes live.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Remember when we had to talent for an interrupt? The days of smacking healers around knowing you couldn't stop their casts outside of HoJ or Repen.

i remember running into a ret in a random heroic who didn't have rebuke talented...

He sure didn't lol. He's only a few bosses behind my progression too. Apparently wanting to keep melee specs in melee range means I don't know about heroic raids, idk.

i've had arguments with him before, he defended having 2 gathering professions in progression raiding and openly said he thought his clicking was superior to other people's mouse turning. i have noooo idea whats up with him.

i can think of literally no reason why a ret would be symbiosis-ed in a 25 man raid on either of those fights. nothing paladins give druids is useful on either, giving a warrior stampeding shout would probably benefit the raid more.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you guys talking about arguing with yet another one of meganfoxadin's forum alts, or someone else?
90 Blood Elf Warrior
02/07/2013 07:41 PMPosted by Cayse
Are you guys talking about arguing with yet another one of meganfoxadin's forum alts, or someone else?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811301918?page=4

the ret needs a real symbiosis thread. its really funny.
90 Draenei Paladin
I think the thing that bugs me most about the SoJ change is how it will take away the option to swap to a snare in combat. Seeing that option taken away bugs me more than it should.

On a less cranky note, elite guardians in TES are a joke. We almost one shot them with 23 people. Beating enrage on Tsulong is going to take some actual work to smooth all the kinks, however.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/07/2013 07:44 PMPosted by Idoma

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811301918?page=4

the ret needs a real symbiosis thread. its really funny.

Ahhh DDF.

One of our raiders came back, his first MSV normal, his first real raids at all, he got Starshatter on his coin.

And for once I get to dance on kings!
90 Draenei Paladin
02/07/2013 07:57 PMPosted by Cayse
he got Starshatter on his coin.

I think Starshatter has dropped on all but one of our Elegon kills. <_<
90 Blood Elf Warrior
02/07/2013 07:57 PMPosted by Cayse
Ahhh DDF.

we can't stay away. its like a train wreak of stupid you can't stop poking with a stick.

Well for heroics it wasn't that big a deal but it was absolutely mandatory for PVP. Sometimes I wondered if an enemy ret had Rebuke or not. If I found one without I'd sit there and cast Exo just to be a jerk.

no, it wasn't for heroics. but there really wasn't much else to use that point for. at that point prot didn't have it so you either prayed for grand crusader procs or saved it for when you knew a cast was coming.

i thinkat the end of wolk when it first showed up in our trees, it would always, perhaps unintendedly, proc a seal hit, so i think had it macroed into something and used it on cooldown.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Killed H Tsulong... with me dead half the fight due to unstable bolts... but yay anyway!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/07/2013 07:59 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
he got Starshatter on his coin.

I think Starshatter has dropped on all but one of our Elegon kills. <_<

We still have not seen him drop one, but two people have got them on coin rolls.

My dancing on kings lasted all of one add wave before they got behind and I had to stop. :(
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeesh. Not sure how I feel about having to talent for a snare, though if the damage ends up being worth it, we'll see - I'll test it with all trepidation on the PTR.

What I really hope, though, is that they redo Burden of Guilt - not make it baseline, because it's too OP baseline, but definitely too much of a sacrifice as a talent. Hell, I wouldn't mind an ability that snared with a cooldown on it or even used Holy Power, just so I can have a choice (especially if I'm the only one on a flag carrier, for example).
90 Human Paladin
Its a conspiracy.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]