Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Lobster
GC said rets don't use SoJ anyway so they've been running around without a snare in PVP so it's okay to force them into BoG? That doesn't sound right. I kind of wonder how many rets even knew about SoJ then lol. When SoJ was 100% lots of rets didn't know it existed (because it sucked for years lol). How many knew it was a 50% snare in MoP?

Probably not many. I really rarely see any rets in BGs use it, it's all truth and foj. Very rarely burden, because it's not bad in BGs. People really weren't using it, because of the very longstanding perception that justice is an awful seal when people were yelling that nonstop as justification for why we needed a "real snare" rather than sully themselves by using justice.

I would venture that most of the ones who did know and chose to use truth/foj in arena were simply running a comp where their snare wasn't necessary, and just properly swapped seals when it was needed.

02/08/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Okay, so the SoJ thing looks really ridiculous on paper for PvE. With 4pT15 proc, we're looking at almost 200k as unmitigable Holy damage (generous assumption on extra AP just for swapping out four peices of my current gear) from a single cast of TV before factoring in things like Inq (which would affect both the HolyTV and the SoJTV), Kings, , HoL, APShout, or consumables (flasks/food). Or cooldowns/pots. Fully buffed, we could be looking at sporadic burst packets of well nigh (if not over) 300k, assuming nothing crits - and if the SoJTV can crit, it could be the dominant Seal in PvE once the 4p is acquired.

It likely won't out-weigh censure's damage, which really is that high. Has it been confirmed as holy damage and scales with inquisition? I know he ruled out it being an actual magnifier to TV so wouldn't be raised by mastery. If it does become strong in pve, the path of least resistance is to nerf justice rather than buffing truth.
Edited by Cayse on 2/8/2013 4:41 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Only thing that pissed me off about SoJ in pvp was the fact that I couldn't really slow down demos in strand. Oh well it's either pvp without a snare or a stun with a longer CD.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
STRENGTH POLEARM:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/96621-bo-ris-horror-in-the-night

/RESUB
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 04:20 PMPosted by Snozberries
I'll give the game a little more time, but so far I haven't found anything I particularly like about it.

It picks up when you start soloing BAMs.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
STRENGTH POLEARM:

Woo!

One of our returning raiders picked up the polearm from MSV last night on his DK. I was disappointed, because I greeded on it. It's a nice graphic. :(

02/08/2013 04:54 PMPosted by Aglaea
Only thing that pissed me off about SoJ in pvp was the fact that I couldn't really slow down demos in strand. Oh well it's either pvp without a snare or a stun with a longer CD.

Strand was one of the BGs where when you see that loading screen, you should be getting ready to change your talent to burden. It's just way better in that BGs.
100 Draenei Paladin
STRENGTH POLEARM:

I just sold my MSV polearm to make bank room..........
100 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
I just sold my MSV polearm to make bank room..........

Item Restore! :D
100 Draenei Paladin
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94523-bad-juju

VOODOO GNOMES

WANT WANT WATNWANTWNATNAWTOMGOMGAGMAOMGOMG

BRB REROLLING MONK/BEAR/ANYTHING AGI IDGAF
90 Draenei Paladin
Hi everyone.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Tailias
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/94523-bad-juju

Going to be the next pvp vial/blf!
100 Draenei Paladin
02/08/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Svayne
Hi everyone.

Oh hai!

Been awhile.
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/08/2013 04:36 PMPosted by Cayse
Has it been confirmed as holy damage and scales with inquisition?

There's a post in PTR Discussion pt2 that says the new Justice will stack up to five times, creating a burst of Holy damage at a rate of 25% of TV per stack. It's not increasing TV or interacting with mastery, but it is effectively based on the size of the TV and, as Holy, should benefit from Inq.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 05:38 PMPosted by Svayne
Hi everyone.

He's alive!!!
100 Human Paladin
strength polearm and a gnome summoner for my monk? this patch is looking better and better! :D

also hello svayne, it's nice to see you again. :D

as for the SoJ business, i can't see mastery affecting it, since that's a function of the actual damage of the base attack and not any procs off of it as far as i know. the 'justice' affect will basically be a really huge seal-proc effect added to your TV when you swat a dude with it built up. should be fun to play around with, and i'd imagine because of how hard you'll be hitting regularly, it'll help paladins pound things into the ground.

i rolled a ret pally way back in the day because healing myself and delivering large chunks of holy damage was attractive. 5.2 looks like it's going to make me able to heal things and do large chunks of holy damage, so that's pretty great.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hm. Interesting that they've found Mastery damage isn't double-dipping Resilience. Still, I wonder with the new SoJ that Crit becomes totally > Mastery (well, not like it wasn't anyway, but I still saw a few Paladins stacking Mastery in PvP).

Also, hai Svayne.

Also, POLEARM. Dear God, I hope they make Polearms transmoggable to any 2handers like they promised. =(
100 Human Paladin
i'd imagine that, since critting in pvp is really good, that crit will remain better than mastery in pvp by a long shot anyway. mastery only affects incidental damage and is more useful for sustained pve fights than anything else, so yeah.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I kind of feel like I was the only Ret that used SoJ in PvP nearly all the time. When stuff got messy, or in a big group fight, sometimes I'd use Insight with Battle Healer, but I almost never used Truth because I needed a snare myself.

Do all these other Rets in BGs just not care that their targets aren't snared? It isn't even a matter of staying on target, snares are used for more than that, such as forcing a dismount or slowing someone's journey to another important location, let alone peels.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Jackishi
Hm. Interesting that they've found Mastery damage isn't double-dipping Resilience.

I believe it was Hof who disproved that a while back and had a number of screenshots showing it.. we tried showing them around but the belief it was still happening wouldn't go away. :|

02/08/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Jackishi
(well, not like it wasn't anyway, but I still saw a few Paladins stacking Mastery in PvP).

Most rets are dumb and awful.

02/08/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Elidra
Do all these other Rets in BGs just not care that their targets aren't snared?

There's so many snares going around even if you don't count the endless frost DKs, I have insight going 3/4 of the time and I never have a problem being on target in BGs.
Edited by Cayse on 2/8/2013 7:05 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]