Open Libram LXVII: Ruh-roh, RET ALERT!

90 Draenei Paladin
So this change to the way PvP Power works...no healing bonus. How do we do in pug BGs these days? I was hoping to get some videos done while I'm here, but I'm sure it'll be difficult to do if Ret is broken. :<

It's also amazing how far behind you fall in gear after just 2-1/2 months.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Gear is going to be a bigger issue than the lack of pvp power on healing, honestly.

I heal more now than I did back when we had it, just because of how big a difference in ilvl the gear is.
100 Draenei Paladin
Oddly enough, this SoJ change is kind of what I wanted since the beggining of MoP.

Great burst tied to rotational abilities rather then cooldowns.
100 Draenei Paladin
STRENGTH POLEARM:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/96621-bo-ris-horror-in-the-night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uWQKwXj8dQ

02/08/2013 05:09 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
I just sold my MSV polearm to make bank room..........

That is a pretty sweet model. I think I have at least 5 polearms sitting in my bank with the vain hope of a str polearm.

Now to watch it not drop all patch...
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Just as a way to mitigate the loss of our baseline snare from SoJ
I proposing the following :
When a Paladin perform a Judgement using the PTR Seal of Justice can Proc the Old Judgement of Justice effect (Woltk)
That one their effect was judge an enemy for 20 sec , preventing them from fleeing and limiting their movement speed.

With this will no longer be mandatory for Rets pick Burden of Guilt if we want a snare effect , and we can catch up mounted players in Bg`s.
Edited by Icecøld on 2/8/2013 7:45 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
The reason I won't stick to this game for more time than it take to update guides is the gear thing. Oh, Blizzard...
90 Blood Elf Paladin
you people and your strength polearm obsession.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Cayse
There's so many snares going around even if you don't count the endless frost DKs, I have insight going 3/4 of the time and I never have a problem being on target in BGs.

I rarely had issues being on target either, but that doesn't mean my target was snared.

Just as a way to mitigate the loss of our baseline snare from SoJ
I proposing the following :
When a Paladin perform a Judgement using the PTR Seal of Justice can Proc the Old Judgement of Justice effect (Woltk)
That one their effect was judge an enemy for 20 sec , preventing them from fleeing and limiting their movement speed.

With this will no longer be mandatory for Rets pick Burden of Guilt if we want a snare effect , and we can catch up mounted players in Bg`s.

You have clicked on the wrong thread, friend. PTR forums are that way -->
Edited by Elidra on 2/8/2013 8:25 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Freaking Nemo is getting a little bit out of hand. Car battery died out on me twice.
100 Draenei Paladin
I don't think the lack of a baseline snare is going to be the end of Ret, not by a long shot. It does feel like a double standard to lack a utility every other melee has, however.

I find the new SoJ actually really interesting myself.
Edited by Astaeri on 2/8/2013 9:37 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
i've been running around with SoJ in pvp since 5.0, because i thought that was what you were supposed to do. i prefer FoJ to anything else in that talent tier and figured that snaring all the time would be good for the bgs i was doing. i'm not averse to the change, but if i miss the snare too much i guess i'll go BoG.

also svayne, catching up next patch will probably be pretty fast since you'll not have any cap on how much conquest you can earn in a week. that should help you out!
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't think the lack of a baseline snare is going to be the end of Ret, not by a long shot. It does feel like a double standard to lack a utility every other melee has, however.

I find the new SoJ actually really interesting myself.

Agreed, and I'm wanting to try it out in PTR, but I really, really do not like the idea of not having some form of snare available baseline. I'm with Elidra on this one, I used SoJ nearly all the time (especially since I was usually the fastest one on the target), then seal swapped as necessary (SoT for damage, Insight for OMG BEES EVERYWHERE). Am I the only one who likes that concept of seal swapping? I'm now more nervous that the devs are thinking about adding a longer cooldown on seals to offset the possibility of seal twisting with the new SoJ in PvE.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Got extremely with drops tonight, replaced my LFR bracers with the norm MSV ones. Got the dps boots from stone guard but not sure if it's better than the 476 Sha boots. Also got a healing waist for my OS. Now to get rid of my crappy trinket.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 11:31 PMPosted by Aglaea
Got extremely with drops tonight, replaced my LFR bracers with the norm MSV ones. Got the dps boots from stone guard but not sure if it's better than the 476 Sha boots. Also got a healing waist for my OS. Now to get rid of my crappy trinket.

Grats!

And arrgh. Tried the new Seal of Justice on PTR, and it's definitely not working. Magic debuff, Judgment not proccing it, lasts 8 seconds, Templar's Verdict not proccing any holy damage (though not consuming stacks either).
100 Draenei Paladin
Yeah, definitely bugged. Happy non PVPing Mule is happy.

But still sad at losing the 16% damage. Unless SoR is doing damage similar to what the old SoJ was then we're lost a good leveling/questing seal (stuff doesn't live long enough for SoT to be worthwhile, SoI .. yeah, no, SoR was crap, SoJ was it).
90 Blood Elf Paladin
GC said rets don't use SoJ anyway so they've been running around without a snare in PVP so it's okay to force them into BoG? That doesn't sound right. I kind of wonder how many rets even knew about SoJ then lol. When SoJ was 100% lots of rets didn't know it existed (because it sucked for years lol). How many knew it was a 50% snare in MoP?

Cayse is right that you don't see SoJ all that often in BG's, and we know teammates usually brings the snares in arena, but I still don't trust Blizzard's data. Twenty percent of high-end arena Rets use Repentance? Yea, okay, lol.

02/08/2013 06:56 PMPosted by Cayse
I believe it was Hof who disproved that a while back and had a number of screenshots showing it.. we tried showing them around but the belief it was still happening wouldn't go away. :|

Lobster and I are the dynamic duo. Clearly he's the Robin to my Batman.

Freaking Nemo is getting a little bit out of hand. Car battery died out on me twice.

I just went outside to take out the trash and I nearly tripped and fell because I was surprised how deep the snow was. I wanted to get it over with quick so I wasn't wearing socks or long pants. brrrr
90 Human Paladin
02/09/2013 03:25 AMPosted by Muletia
But still sad at losing the 16% damage. Unless SoR is doing damage similar to what the old SoJ was then we're lost a good leveling/questing seal (stuff doesn't live long enough for SoT to be worthwhile, SoI .. yeah, no, SoR was crap, SoJ was it).

Immediate Truth glyph (15.6% weapon damage, 50% censure) is a DPS loss after only five seconds, so Justice (16% weapon damage, no censure) falls behind Truth even sooner, and if you're killing mobs in less than two seconds there's probably not much need to worry about a bit of Seal damage, really.

I'm not thrilled about losing the snare though; true, Burden is available, but I have to plan for it ahead of ime. When I hop into something without changing talents, being able to swap to Justice and actually stay on a target was pretty handy. That's not really a big issue, but losing it is mildly annoying.
100 Human Paladin
honestly, if justice stacks fast and gives you a huge boost to TV damage, it's likely that it will be a good leveling seal because you'll build 3 HP and then drop a TV on your target to kill them.

you know, when it works properly. :p
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm honestly interested in, or at least not against, the change to how SoJ does damage. I just don't think it needed to lose the snare, especially after all we went through to get one baseline.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]