Current rogue

71 Human Rogue
I would like to know a few things regarding the rogue class. What is the main spec ppl are using for pvp? Once I hit 90 I plan on pvping full time so I would like to know things like how to gem, what to enchant what to, reforges, etc. Thanks!
Edited by Ambushu on 2/7/2013 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
The best part of being rogue is: u can play with all specs, just use what u want!
Edited by Diseased on 2/7/2013 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Sub is by far the best for arena
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/07/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Jaosix

I don't know about the practice - I don't keep tabs on what others use - but in theory of the numbers in damage and concepts of utility, Assassination should be about as good as Sub, maybe even better, in Arena.

In the ideal situation (which is actually easier to achieve as assassination than sub, due to lack of positional requirements), assassination's burst is nearly as high and its sustained damage higher by a fair margin when compared to Sub. In addition, assassination spec is perfect for Paralytic Poison. However, you lose shadowdance, meaning a few less silences and targeted, on-demand stuns.

I'd be inclined to believe that what is "best" for arena would depend mainly on your role in the team.

I'm not too sure about combat. I think it's viable, but it's a royal pain in the !@# to play, since you hit like a wet noodle outside of CDs. All burst, often even higher than sub's, with next to no sustained and less utility.
Edited by Vandril on 2/7/2013 1:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
71 Human Rogue
Ok. if i played as sub how would gemming and reforging work. we still stacking agi?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
save yourself a lot of time and rage and just make a hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
02/07/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Vandril
Assassination should be about as good as Sub, maybe even better, in Arena.

LOL.
Reply Quote
Posted by Jaosix

I don't know about the practice - I don't keep tabs on what others use - but in theory of the numbers in damage and concepts of utility, Assassination should be about as good as Sub, maybe even better, in Arena.

In the ideal situation (which is actually easier to achieve as assassination than sub, due to lack of positional requirements), assassination's burst is nearly as high and its sustained damage higher by a fair margin when compared to Sub. In addition, assassination spec is perfect for Paralytic Poison. However, you lose shadowdance, meaning a few less silences and targeted, on-demand stuns.

I'd be inclined to believe that what is "best" for arena would depend mainly on your role in the team.

Maybe in 2s but in 3s you can't not be sub just because of dance alone...
Reply Quote
71 Human Rogue
02/07/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Shear

Why would I do that when rogues are going to be on top again for 5.2? And why is a rogue telling me this?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Well, according to:
http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?c=4&e=pvp&r=&w=&a=23&n=

Subtlety.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/07/2013 07:56 PMPosted by Ambushu

Why would I do that when rogues are going to be on top again for 5.2? And why is a rogue telling me this?

what he meant to say was; go warrior.
Reply Quote
71 Human Rogue
Reforges for Sub? Gemming?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/07/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Ambushu
Reforges for Sub? Gemming?

After you hit the necessary hit/exp(3%) caps, reforge to mastery.

Gemming:
Meta: +216agi/3% crit dmg
red: +80agi/160pvp power
yellow: +320 resil
blue: +160pvp power/+160 resil
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/07/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Viiss
what he meant to say was; go warrior.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]