Problems with Clique and Focus

90 Gnome Mage
Just recently got a naga and setup hotkeys with the Clique addon. Ran my first dungeon with new setup and found one major problem: When I left click on tank to cast spell it doesn't focus on the tank, so I am unable to see all of the tanks buffs and so forth to know when to time things. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I guess what I'm asking is how do I make it so when I heal-click on targets in the raid frame it also focuses on them?
Reply Quote
You want to target the person you click on? Or set them as your focus?

Clique actually has the option of setting a particular mouse click as "target" or "set focus". You just can't use that button for anything else.

But the whole point of click/mouseover casting is so that you can heal on your raid frames while you have an enemy targeted.
Edited by Heartsings on 1/31/2013 3:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
01/31/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Morwin
I guess what I'm asking is how do I make it so when I heal-click on targets in the raid frame it also focuses on them?

You could set up a lot of macros, to always /focus before you /cast Heal

But like Heartsings says, you rarely want to switch your focus on _every_ cast.
Much more commonly you only want to switch focus every minute or so, and you can just set up a custom Clique binding for the times when you do want to switch focus.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/31/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Heartsings
But the whole point of click/mouseover casting is so that you can heal on your raid frames while you have an enemy targeted.

This.

Clique should be used with a raid frame that shows you your HoT timers. The default raid frames will do just fine for this purpose - you just need to use them (not the party frames) and get used to watching them instead of your target window.

If you're interested in seeing other buffs on the tank besides your own, like for instance his damage reduction cooldowns, you'll need to install and configure a raid frame addon like Grid2, Vuhdo, or Grid.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
As above: set your raid frames to show dispellable debuffs (by you) and your HoTs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]