Fear is op

6 Gnome Rogue
It does not break when you take the damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Ark
Fear breaks on "X" amount of damage, the problem is that the "X" damage amount is too high, or it could just be set for a higher level of gear
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
Let's add psychic scream nerf ontop of all the other nerfs shadow is getting.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
02/01/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Lureilyia
Let's add psychic scream nerf ontop of all the other nerfs shadow is getting.

Because it's unreasonable for a CC to break on damage.

Polymorph, hunter traps, and blinds say hi
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
the damage
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I like how everyone complaining about fear on this thread has an out, racial or an immunity for it.
Reply Quote
I've had fear break on 10% of my health pool, then I have had other times where I have been hit with double chaos bolt crits and it didn't break. !@#$ is broke yo
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
Because it's unreasonable for a CC to break on damage.

Polymorph, hunter traps, and blinds say hi

Let's add stuns to that list as well then? I don't enjoy getting killed in a stun either.

Also: All of the CC you just listed either breaks on damage or needs a trinket. Do you know how many counters to fear there are?
Edited by Lureilyia on 2/1/2013 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Stuns > Fear.

Stop using the "well stuns dont break on damage either" arguement... they arent supposed to break on damage. fears are.

I was doing 2's last night.... running rsham/feral against ret/disc.... they overlapped psychic scream and fist of justice on me at the same time. so im in a full fear and a full stun.

The ret pops cooldowns on me and dps's with no peels from feral (i had full hots on me, wasnt in trouble, didnt need peels)

The stun ended before the fear broke. took me down from 100% with ES/HST/Riptide to 40% before psychic scream broke....
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Fear's strength has always been it forces repositioning...sometimes good, sometimes bad. It still breaks on damage and even breaks on absorbs. Did some testing w' friends. Only time I got fear to not break on damage was with dark bargain up on myself and being test feared/attacked by a spriest. Everything else is breaking it. Only time its going to break late is during server:client lag issues.

Fear is the most countered CC in game. Especially now in the era of instant CC that doesn't break on damage. In 5.2 all the lock fears are going to be casted so outside of howl don't expect fears to be useable vs cleaves, esp cleaves w' a rsham.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Ark
nerf fear, also nerf cyclone, in a fear you can be healed still, that doesnt break.
nerf rogues stuns, they dont break.
break dks aphyxiate, that doesnt break
see what im doing? im saying how half the ccs dont break no matter the dmg

And how much did you pay for your rbg rating?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
02/01/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Werst
Fear is the most countered CC in game.

because its the strongest cc in the game.

You dont see every class and spec with immunities to hex because its not necessary...
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Loreonguy
I've had fear break on 10% of my health pool, then I have had other times where I have been hit with double chaos bolt crits and it didn't break. !@#$ is broke yo
I've been saying this for months. Its why Locks will tell you fear breaks immediately and everyone else says it never breaks. The threshold breaks at random times. Its very broken. Only consistent fear break imo is warriors fear. Thats the only one that actually breaks when its supposed to.
Reply Quote
Fear literally never breaks lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]