Fear is op

100 Orc Shaman
02/01/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Turtlesrock
like 2k gold for the gems

your server's economy must suck monkey nuts...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/01/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
Fear is the most countered CC in game.

because its the strongest cc in the game.

You dont see every class and spec with immunities to hex because its not necessary...

How are stuns (which definitely don't break on damage!) not stronger?

In any case, I think what's happening is that white damage/dots don't appear to count towards the damage you're allowed to take before it breaks
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
02/01/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Lureilyia
Let's add psychic scream nerf ontop of all the other nerfs shadow is getting.

can we really??!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/01/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Nathyria
Longer cooldowns, half duration, usually single target or limited range and lock in place rather then send you to africa. Make stun last 8 seconds have a universal Cd of 25 secs top, maybe AoE then and only then can you have stuns break on damage.
Edited by Phlow on 2/1/2013 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Longer cooldowns, half duration, usually single target or limited range and lock in place rather then send you to africa. Make stun last 8 seconds have a universal Cd of 25 secs top, maybe AoE then and only then can you have stuns break on damage.

You're kind of mixing up your comparison here though. There's no specific fear spell which has all (or even most?) of these advantages over say shockwave (some of them have some of these advantages sure, but you've combined them all here), and that's ignoring the oversight that is 30s tremor.
Edited by Nathyria on 2/1/2013 10:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I've experienced both personally, it breaking almost immediately or it goes on for 6 secs. There's too much rng with it, but srsly, unless you guys main another class for PvP...none of the classes on here should be complaining bout it. As for fear being "the best CC in the game"...I guess you've never been cycloned and wondered why it doesn't share any DR? Or stunned either for that matter. I really see this as a l2p issue, plz allow locks and priests to counter SOME classes now, game isn't balanced only if you're able to faceroll everybody >.<
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
02/01/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Nathyria

they are... i said that they were... but theyre supposed to be...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
02/01/2013 09:59 PMPosted by Nathyria
and that's ignoring the oversight that is 30s tremor.

wouldnt need 30s termor if fear itself wasnt so ridiculous...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/01/2013 10:25 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
and that's ignoring the oversight that is 30s tremor.

wouldnt need 30s termor if fear itself wasnt so ridiculous...

"Need"? There's about a 100% chance that this isn't an intended use of totemic restoration.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
"Need"? There's about a 100% chance that this isn't an intended use of totemic restoration

Theres about a 1000% chance fear being used 40%-0 someone isnt an intended use either....
Edited by Jkspiritlink on 2/1/2013 10:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/01/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
Theres about a 1000% chance fear being used 40%-0 someone isnt an intended use either....

Good thing this never happens. Try it. Reproduce it in a test. I guarantee you can't. Breaks before even 20%. End of thread.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Good thing this never happens. Try it. Reproduce it in a test. I guarantee you can't. Breaks before even 20%. End of thread.

mmm no, it definitely happens... it wouldnt even be hard to replicate 40%-0

40% on target, blood fear, chaos bolt, shadowburn crit and ded.

20% is actually pretty reasonable....ish...

you're at 20% you get blood feared pop cooldowns shadowburn crit and gg...

honestly, until it goes back to the point where you could Hand of Sacrifice someone with a row of affliction dots on him, and break a fear after only 1-3seconds... its pretty absurd...
Edited by Jkspiritlink on 2/1/2013 11:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/01/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Lureilyia
Let's add psychic scream nerf ontop of all the other nerfs shadow is getting.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
the damage break point on fear NEEDS to be lowered

when you go up against something like spriest/lock, i can get feared over and over and take the same damage every fear,suppose to be the fear counter!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Who cares. fear is the least of my concerns when I think about cc's I don't like. (other than blood fear). for priests it has a 27sec cd and you have to be in melee to use it. who cares, seriously l2 move.

why is a shaman complaining about fear anyway.

>longer cooldowns
you serious? it's 27 seconds. that's longer than any rogue monk or warrior stun. and fear actually takes aim unlike any other stun in the game. a warrior complaining about unbreakable cc many luls. how about fists of fury for a untrinketable aoe stun.

can stuns be dispelled, racial'd, totem'd, warded, grounded, lichborned - no
Edited by Heretics on 2/1/2013 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
^ you should spec psyfiend.
Reply Quote
void tendrils is viable for melee cleaves
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/01/2013 11:03 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
40% on target, blood fear, chaos bolt, shadowburn crit and ded.

Hitting a person for 40%+ of their health in a global is not even what this thread is about. Don't be deceptive.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/01/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
^ you should spec psyfiend.

I do when I'm not facing an endless stream of retard cleaves. Psyfiend is retarded and I won't defend it, but so are a lot of things in the game right now. psyfiend is easily kicked or killed at least.

I mean a lot of these retard abilities are necessary when every class in the game can crit you for half your hp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]