Fear is op

90 Orc Shaman
02/01/2013 11:57 PMPosted by Johance
void tendrils is viable for melee cleaves

depending on what your playing against yeah...

but you shouldnt complain about fear not being strong enough when you're relying on only psychic scream.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/01/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Peritus
the damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpNKlheDKo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
People complain about anything don't they and to the person that said 40-0 chaos bolt shadow burn that's called being out played and you know it is.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/02/2013 12:50 AMPosted by Barsam
People complain about anything don't they and to the person that said 40-0 chaos bolt shadow burn that's called being out played and you know it is.

yes, it is, but its still ridiculous for fears threshold to be that high.

I still feel that pallys should be able to use hand of sacrifice on teammates to break themselves out of fears.

i dont think thats possible at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/02/2013 12:58 AMPosted by Jkspiritlink

yes, it is, but its still ridiculous for fears threshold to be that high.

I still feel that pallys should be able to use hand of sacrifice on teammates to break themselves out of fears.

i dont think thats possible at this point.

It's not possible anyway because any decent team will strip a target and dispell sac instantly and if not instantly most definitely before fearing. It would be a shame to lose a kill because you took the rng chance of not dispelling sac since fear breakage is so unpredictable.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Here's a news flash fear isn't poly and hex isn't poly stop trying to make this game bland wee seen enough homogenization.
Fear is a core mechanic of the 2 classes that have it working as intended.
If you honestly believe the threshold is to high prove with a video and taking dot damage followed by a nuke or execute does not count.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
02/01/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
"Need"? There's about a 100% chance that this isn't an intended use of totemic restoration

Theres about a 1000% chance fear being used 40%-0 someone isnt an intended use either....

Of course, it's completely ridiculous when this happens. As I said earlier, it seems to not count dots/white damage etc. If that's the case, it's a bug and should be fixed.
Reply Quote
fear is now a running stun

how many times does fear actually break these days?
it breaks after you get lolroflstomped
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Fear doesn't break on damage because Spriests and Warlocks do most of their damage through dots (afflic locks anyway). I guess it's a mechanic that's existed for a long time so that you can fear someone and dot them up without worrying about the fear breaking. Mages poly breaks on damage because we don't need dots at all (until now) and can line up some fat burst while someone is in a poly.

I guess it's just an old mechanic that used to work and doesn't now. Just make all CC break on the same damage threshold (5- 10%).
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
ITT: A bunch of classes with stuns saying fear is OP
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/02/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Lureilyia

ill trade any priest capacitor totem for psyfiend.

come on guys! you know you want to....!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/02/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink

ill trade any priest capacitor totem for psyfiend.

come on guys! you know you want to....!

Most of us swapped to Void Tendrils after they nerfed Psyfiend.

And I'm pretty sure I'm swapping to Mind Control after 5.2 anyway, swapping back to Void Tendrils against TSG or KFC. We'll see if they actually leave the Phantasm nerf before I quit altogether.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/02/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Kyzr
Most of us swapped to Void Tendrils after they nerfed Psyfiend.

liar!
Reply Quote
Yea i agree. Taking a chaos bolt to the face while getting hit on by a warrior and continuing to run in fear is dumb as hell.
Reply Quote
10 Human Warrior
NERF FEAR TOO DA GROUND IT IZ SO OP FEAR NEVAR BRAKEZ! OMGZ

no seriously. I was feared in vanilla once.. It still hasn't broken.
Edited by Bubblès on 2/3/2013 1:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/01/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Nathyria

because its the strongest cc in the game.

You dont see every class and spec with immunities to hex because its not necessary...

How are stuns (which definitely don't break on damage!) not stronger?

In any case, I think what's happening is that white damage/dots don't appear to count towards the damage you're allowed to take before it breaks

Stuns aren't a free trip to Africa.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
02/01/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Dropdk
I like how everyone complaining about fear on this thread has an out, racial or an immunity for it.

You see what you're looking for.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Why are stuns different?

They don't make you run away from the person you're trying to hit!
They don't have instant cast! (at least not for rogue, where mostly kidney shot takes 5 cp to make it last 6 sec)
They DR out to nothing (fear is 8-4-2 whereas stun for me at least is 5-3-1.25)
Stun can be avoided in many cases 9staying 20 yards from pally, out of melee range of rogue or warrior)

Anyway, enough catering to the stupidity of 1200 rated players... Seriously, I am testing this stuff and it is legit.

DoT of warlock + channeled life steal DoT DO NOT break 8 sec fear more than 50% of the time. If you get a lot of high damage hits in there, maybe it will break...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Chabee -idiot.

Fear is also a gap opener. If you don't move, there's no gap. I'm already slowed, so, me moving isn't happening.

Not all fears are instant. Stuns, mostly, are. Building up combo counts doesn't count as a cast time, the stun itself is instant.

The both have dr's.

Fears can be avoided by staying out of range as well.

And, again, fear doesn't cause an automatic run out of range. Even when it does, you can't tell me running oor or los of a chaos bolt doesn't make you happy.

I take as many fears as you do....it breaks on me all the time, and I pray for long terror runs to get me outa reach.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Req
Get rid of Psyfiend.

It's a skilless ability.

"Gais im tryin to thnk of ability for priests plz help."

"Uh how about a ghost that u put down on low cd and it spams fear on everyone lots of timz"

"yea good idea priests shud fear more then locks"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]