Monk Uptime in PvP

90 Gnome Monk
All the hate in this thread. Nobody likes to need nerfs, but the problem here is skilled Monks outshine a majority of players. I've seen well played Monks and their uptime is amazing. So, as in my original post, nerfing or buffing based on "representation" in arena or RBGs is slightly problematic. Warlocks are getting nerfed because of burst even though we're underrepresented. Monks are getting buffed because as a new class they are underrepresented. I have no problem with Warlock or any class nerfs, but just because Monks aren't as prevalent as DKs when they were introduced doesn't mean there is an issue.

Also, I am loving the Monk feedback. I have a low-level Monk I am working on and he seems unkitable and incredibly mobile (he is MW and at 45). This wasn't a QQ post, it HONESTLY was just to assure Monks and players (from the spec/class combos above) that I do not think Monks are as horrid as people lead on.

-Zaef, Kel'Thuzad

You are funny.

Despite him using a 45 to compare to 90s, he's still partially right. There aren't a whole lot of monks right now, thus not a lot in top ranks. We aren't that far off being really good right now ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

You are funny.

Despite him using a 45 to compare to 90s, he's still partially right. There aren't a whole lot of monks right now, thus not a lot in top ranks. We aren't that far off being really good right now ^_^

Except he is not, the whole point of this thread is about him not understanding why people say monks are broken or deserve buffs. He has never played the class at end level, he is attempting to compare it to a completely different classes launch. and he also seems to assume that monks are receiving buffs because they are underrepresented.

I suppose being underrepresented has something to do with it, no one wants to play a broken class, and I am not saying monks are the worst, but there are still so many bugs intertwined in the monk class to make it so.
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
I think big part of monk being underrepresented is that its so hard to catch up on pvp gear now, so unless you switched to monk at beginning its hard to tell if they're any good when you level up one.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Except he is not, the whole point of this thread is about him not understanding why people say monks are broken or deserve buffs. He has never played the class at end level, he is attempting to compare it to a completely different classes launch. and he also seems to assume that monks are receiving buffs because they are underrepresented.

I suppose being underrepresented has something to do with it, no one wants to play a broken class, and I am not saying monks are the worst, but there are still so many bugs intertwined in the monk class to make it so.

Blizzard has specifically said theyre buffing monks because they're underrepresented. That isn't the OP's rationale, that's blizzard's exact words.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Blizzard has specifically said theyre buffing monks because they're underrepresented. That isn't the OP's rationale, that's blizzard's exact words.

Well I would love to receive some links then or a quote containing these exact words here, not saying this has not been said, because I just checked all the posts made by blues in the last three months and haven't seen anything about monks receiving buffs for X/Y reasons.

The thread seems to be veering off topic though, if there really was any topic to discuss to begin with. OP didn't understand why people think the class is broken or bad, people gave him reasons as to why, end of story.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Kagg
Well I would love to receive some links then or a quote containing these exact words here, not saying this has not been said, because I just checked all the posts made by blues in the last three months and haven't seen anything about monks receiving buffs for X/Y reasons.

GC's twitter.

You'll get a lot more information from there than from blue posts. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/02/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Punched

GC's twitter.

You'll get a lot more information from there than from blue posts. :(

I see, I have always hated Twitter, but I can see how it would be a much better way of acquiring quick and easy answers on topics such as this.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
02/01/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Ouchi
Quite simply, I do not understand why I see Blizzard saying (and players complaining) that Monks are (a) underrepresented in PvP and (b) are kitable.

Shadahp.

Monks are underrepresented and are kitable.

How can you even make a counterargument from this. The monk gap closers don't even target players, they target directions.

You just described a buff: you don't even need to target someone to close a gap. @_@
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

Blood fear is getting nerfed because blood fear is stupid and overpowered as !@#$.

I said it needed to be nerfed, and I'm fine with that. I was trying to say Blizzard is saying buffing Monks because of poor representation goes AGAINST the fact they are nerfing Warlocks who are underrepresented.

Also I have 5 other 90s: Blood Fear is annoying but costs 10% of your health. Maybe I only appreciate that because I have a Warlock. /shrug
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
It's hard to explain the feeling of terrible uptime until you play a monk. There's just something strange about it. Any other class has a simple target and snare, I came from a warrior, so it was a easy charge + hamstring or HS. But with a monk, you pretty much roll to your target and start praying that lag doesn't screw up your sweep.. otherwise you just run behind your target spamming disable hoping you close the gap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
You just described a buff: you don't even need to target someone to close a gap. @_@

Are you... Are you saying a skillshot is better than a hard target spell. I lol'd
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I recently was in a BG and I have fairly decent gear...almost all 491. I could not kill a mistweaver with 345k HP. I couldn't more than 2 GCDs in on him before I was stunned, disarmed, silence, or out of range. It was the most frustrating thing. The rolls/the swap, the stuns, ring of peace, its all way too much.....

Blizzard is going to get what the want - more people playing Monks, at the expense of every other class.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Sounds like OP is crying about not having an easy mode instant cast fear to range CC / lock down healers / most players. Funny how he thinks Monks also got no nerfs, just buffs ... what a very ignorant player.

Lrn2read patchnotes, bro. You're crying about warlock on Monk forums, too. LOGIC! And what's better is you complain that you got no compensation?? LAWL! Did you even read changes for Dark Intent?! It's basically merged with Fortitude now. AND Fel Armor, you get another solid 10% damage reduction to go with that HUGE health pool that Warlocks have, making them an incredibly durable class.

You are not a trash class by any means, this is simply a lrn2read and lrn2play issue. BTW go to the proper forums, please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]