furry warrior in arenas

90 Orc Warrior
I cannot find any valid agruments discussing the viability of fury in arena. Its mostly people saying arms is better with no explantion and just say how pervious seasons compared. It is now 5.2 and im not seeing anything. Both arms and fury have identical counterparts. The only difference I see is that arms has a higher hit rate and furys enrage can be dispelled. It seems that mop made fury very viable with intervene as well. Obviously im pro fury but I have not been convinced why arms is most used in arena. Any feedback would be great.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I think the argument is that in higher levels enrage can be dispelled. Somewhat crippling fury.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Also its more crit dependant than arms, but as always well see in 5.2. Right now arms does have the edge imo.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/01/2013 04:11 PMPosted by Instinct
I cannot find any valid agruments discussing the viability of fury in arena. Its mostly people saying arms is better with no explantion and just say how pervious seasons compared. It is now 5.2 and im not seeing anything. Both arms and fury have identical counterparts. The only difference I see is that arms has a higher hit rate and furys enrage can be dispelled. It seems that mop made fury very viable with intervene as well. Obviously im pro fury but I have not been convinced why arms is most used in arena. Any feedback would be great.

It's not 5.2 yet. But if you really wanna know, go try it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Furry warriors...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
!@#$ Panda warriors and their fur.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm no worgen
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/01/2013 04:11 PMPosted by Instinct

Overpower can't be dodged, parried or blocked - arms exclusive
Higher colossus smash uptime - arms exclusive
Mastery is RNG undispellable free damage - arms exclusive
Glyph of Mortal Strike increases the healing you receive by 10% - arms exclusive

There is literally no benefit to running as fury over arms in pvp right now, except for flavor and fun factor (if you don't like how arms functions). But you'll always bring MORE to the pvp setting as an arms warrior.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Overpower is definitely nice to have in arenas, it's reliability is invaluable.

Higher colossus smash up time? Are you serious? This is an awful thing to have, when your damage is based around expected 0% armor, and it's only 50% in pvp. Think about it.

Fury's mastery is also better - they are both not great, but fury's secondary stats are all better than arms' counterparts.

Glyph of mortal strike is ok I guess.

The real reason you play arms right now is because of defensive stance. This is getting nerfed hard next patch. In addition, the question was about arenas, but if you manage to get into RBGs as a dps warrior, fury's aoe cleave is way better than arms.

As of right now arms for arenas, fury(prot) for RBGs.

In 5.2, fury will probably end up being the default spec for warriors once the gear levels are high enough.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Current pvp is based around burst. How good you are in arenas depends on how good you can burst and how good you can survive burst.

Arms burst is just "pool some rage, pop burst macro CS>unload pain". A CS proc before your cooldowns run out can give you a second chance to get the kill if you failed in the first couple of seconds.
Fury burst potential is higher than arms. The problem is that needs setup. You need to have a full rage bar and 2xRBs before the burst macro, and if you fail is hard to get a kill outside the CS window (which you don't have any way to reset).

Only way warriors can survive burst damage is being in def stance. Arms has a much easier time dealing damage while on it, giving them also the edge in the counter burst category.

Next patch we will see. Most of the nerf are aimed towards arms, so we could see a (relative) improvement in fury pvp.
Edited by Drevi on 2/3/2013 9:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Why do you guys think colossus smash is so good? It's around 10%-15% damage on a target, depending on their armor type.

It's only like 9% extra damage on cloth, and 15% on plate. Maybe 18% on like a bear or something.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warrior
02/03/2013 07:29 AMPosted by Asdferty
Higher colossus smash up time? Are you serious? This is an awful thing to have, when your damage is based around expected 0% armor, and it's only 50% in pvp. Think about it.

^^ I dont get why people dont understand this.

Maybe I am not good at explaining it, but whenever I tell this to people, they go "But dude, you still ignore 50% of the armor almost all the time"

I should try to explain it like you did maybe...

Fury mastery is better, unless the person is dispelling your enrages like a fiend, but even then, who cares? let them use all their globals doing that, fury still gets the RB procs.

Arms advocates forget that BT is available every two globals as well, so fury has quicker rage income and it is not as punishing having a BT dodged/parried as it is having MS dodged/parried. Even more so in 5.2 due to having MS parried means 2 OPs that you cant lay down, which means less CS usuage.

TG Fury has better survivability due to more res, stam and parry plus the trickle healing from BT. It cant do quite the damage that Arms can in def stance, but can survive longer.

Arms is better this patch to be certain, but not by as much as everyone seems to think.

Next patch with free WS on bloodsurge, higher crit ratings (meaning more RB's, which are cheap and easy to pull off in Def stance) and arms being unable to sit in def stance as much not to mention less survivability from Def stance overall, will make fury stronger.

The only drawback will be no unavoidable attack (OP)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't mind going fury.
Reply Quote
I enjoy Fury. It's rotation is more fun and enjoyable, and it looks cooler. But as of this patch Arms is better for pvp.

Next patch? I think Fury will get a boost, but Arms will still be the go to spec for pvp. One reason the Arms rotation is easier and more reliable and in the heat of fast paced pvp combat thats an important advantage even with the rage change on OP, no more Def. stance, etc. Free WS on Bloodsurge will be interesting, and for Fury there definitely needs to be something done about such a reliance on crit, the new gear needs to put a warrior above 20% crit. That and the more complex rotation is why I went Arms for pvp.

Honestly if 20% crit was within my reach right now I'd probably go back to running dual fury (one for pvp and one for pve). So question---- you fury warriors in full malevolent gear are you at 20% crit+ while un-buffed?
Edited by Obmi on 2/3/2013 5:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warrior
02/03/2013 05:33 PMPosted by Obmi
---- you fury warriors in full malevolent gear are you at 20% crit+ while un-buffed?

I'd like to know this too. I have looked and haven't found any...

I'd also like to know how much more res%/health/parry% we are looking at with DW 2H.

(yea I could do the math. but this is more fun)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I arena as fury for points every once in a while. The trick is not wasting precious uptime and burst damage. I basically do no damage and then global someone when my stuff comes off cd and I can get a stun off.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
First day of MoP I was arms. Second day I went fury and never looked back. I am one piece away from full malv with 16 to 17 percent. To balance out though I normal run with a WW monk for the 5 percent crit buff pushing me up to about 22 percent. Spec bladetorm use staggering shout with glyph of hindering strikes and pop your macro. Remember in 5.2 blade storm can't be disarmed I'm counting that as a buff only to fury.

Also I find my sustained damage much higher then arms now that I'm geared use double time talent and use bull rush. Its extremely easy to keep rage.

[quote="78092097962"] TG Fury has better survivability due to more res

^^^^^ No... bad... that is not true fury only benefits from 1 2h weapon stats when it comes to resil and pvp power. Blizzard did this so fury wouldn't be broken. f you want tto be smart about fury get your 2h Pvp weapon then do lfr or actually raid for your second weapon since the stats are better and its higher weapon damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

^^^^^ No... bad... that is not true fury only benefits from 1 2h weapon stats when it comes to resil and pvp power. Blizzard did this so fury wouldn't be broken. f you want tto be smart about fury get your 2h Pvp weapon then do lfr or actually raid for your second weapon since the stats are better and its higher weapon damage.

Think the resilience counts from both weapons, only the PvP power is unique.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
@Luda: Only the pvp power of the 2h weapons are 'unique', you can get resilience from having two pvp 2handers.
Edited by Want on 2/4/2013 1:34 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]