What's a good name?

25 Worgen Druid
Hi, sometimes when I play WoW I want to make an alt but have NO idea what to name her. What names do you guys suggest?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
It depends on the race of the toon......If you made like a Tauren or something I would say Sirmoosalot....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I have this big list I have saved for names:

Ashandrya
Elesia
Temperia
Schaella
Caluuna
Miravella
Allandria
Gleanna
Valethria
Eralae
Maurdeth
Shanae
Luciela
Eiko
Aveenia
Lurissa
Carawyn
Alixra
Aurellia
Aurella
Auralia
Kanade
Shiina
Yui
Miyuki
Zecaida
Elenaria
Ruwyn
Celisse
Lynara
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
il
I type in random words until I get something that isn't taken and that I like.

Otherwise, spam random name generator until you get something cool, or just type in syllables that you like until you get something that works.

Also, if you want to look unique, avoid overuse of L's A's E's and S's. It's really hard to tell two female NElves named something like Laesily and Alisely apart.
Edited by Cleave on 2/3/2013 8:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
What I do is look at the culture that the race is based off of and name the character based off of the language of the culture.

For instance, Pandaren are chinese. I decided to name him Changxin which means "constancy of heart and mind" in chinese. For a dwarf, I'd name him something dwarvish or scottish. For a tauren, I'd give him a name that has something to do with nature.

You could even name them after the class they are. Hunter's would be something like "wildheart", or warriors would be "ironfury".

There are endless possibilities for names, you just have to let your imagination go wild with it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]