Monks bad at PvP?

90 Human Monk
this thread is for all you whinys out there "monks are bad right now; they need buffs"

http://postimage.org/image/yu54dmrpl/

http://postimage.org/image/rprwic9u1/

so um. I have on 2 pieces of Malevolent, chest piece and ring, check out my armory. feel free to try and burn me, i welcome it
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hit the deck, this thread is about to go nova!
Reply Quote
Random battlegrounds hold so much merit in PvP discussion. Oh wait, they don't.

I also usually top the battleground scoreboard. It's not hard when you're facing a bunch of ungeared people farming honor. Come back with a screenshot of your 3s team breaking 2400+ with some ungodly ratio and you might have some sort of argument.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Wow just wow. Never been above 1500 in arena...12 - 17 duel record...no rbg exp. We totally need to sticky this thread..this guy is BEYOND AMAZING!!!!11!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Hey, I never said I was the best ever, I'm just saying

I hear so much about how monks are weak compared to other dps classes. and they are bad at pvp.

I don't see why people say that stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Because you haven't experienced it. You've only been in BGs, which are a very, VERY poor indicator as to how the class performs in PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
oh okie.. i guess I will come back next time with a bigger epeen since my 2s team is only 1400.... :( since arenas are the only thing that pvp is and stuff
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Jeánnie
oh okie.. i guess I will come back next time with a bigger epeen since my 2s team is only 1400.... :( since arenas are the only thing that pvp is and stuff

3s are the only thing used to measure class balance in PvP right now. There are way too many variables in anything but arena, and it is impossible to balance around 2s.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's the most balanced form of PvP. Gear has to be relatively the same, skill tends to be more equal, and it's on a smaller scale. In random BGs, you have the gear issues, grouping issues, and a good amount of stupidity.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Not only that, but no one complains that our DAMAGE is low, maybe burst but that's it, it's our survivability, especially in stuns and fears.

Also, being a road warrior with 0 bases assaulted or defended and then having the highest damage, isn't exactly impressive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
lol I was fighting on the bases, I promise
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Regardless, just because you yourself PvP and do well at it at your level, doesn't mean PvP for monks isn't very underwhelming.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I'd say our class survives just about as it should, we die like a rogue.. pretty quickly. but just like they have vanish, shouldnt we be using roll, flying kick, karma ect to get out of trouble?

If I'm being targeted, i get out of the way
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
this thread is for all you whinys out there "monks are bad right now; they need buffs"

http://postimage.org/image/yu54dmrpl/

http://postimage.org/image/rprwic9u1/

so um. I have on 2 pieces of Malevolent, chest piece and ring, check out my armory. feel free to try and burn me, i welcome it

Usually when you think how many kills you get in bg is important, your not the one helping win the actual game. The guy sitting at gold mine with 3 kills probably did more work toward winning then you. You could easily go around ninjaing kills then fsk out of there waiting for another "sniper" moment.

Like others said....3s is where things are considered. Your ability to run away for survival isn't that great when you got a healer who is dependent on you being in range and/or peeling off of him.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
monks are garbage. i can tear people on my elem shaman in randoms, they must be fine.
Edited by Fran on 2/4/2013 5:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Big numbers on random bg damage charts is not something to base your arguments off of.
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/YEyFkjY.jpg

More convincing evidence that monks are fine. As you can see I maintained my dance outfit the entire game which is invaluable to monk pvp because as we all know, once people get distracted by sexy dance outfits...they forget to global you in a stun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
First off in BGs alliance wins a lot more therefore gears up faster. Playing a 15 min game and losing doesn't get any conquest points. Anyone can be top damage when you have a healer with you.
I wanted to have at least 4 purples before starting arena's which was so much faster on my alliance than my horde. Featherfoot (badass monk) was my partner and got me the 10 win streak achieve even tho I died in 2 of those games.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
mmmm... im not saying that bg should tell how we are, but honestly dont lie to yourselves, we know how screwed monks are in their current state, i wonder how much this is going to change in the next patch...

at least for me, a "balanced class" should mean a decent pvp experience in any pvp encounter, not just 1 vs 1, 2v2, or 3 v 3...

a class that is only competent at 1v1 is not a "fine class"

dont lie to yourselves
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]