disc getting shdow gear

(Locked)

90 Human Priest
Why am i getting shadow gear in LFR as a disc priest? it doesn't make sense. i dont need it, i dont want it. but i always get it. i mean i know im doing more DPS then the DPS and doing uber leet heals. but do you have to punish me with gear i wont use?. i mean it sucked before when i would go weeks without any gear at all. but dps gear seems to upsets me more.i will never go shadow, i dont want to go shadow. but im getting shadow gear. and you wonder why people quit your game and want to move on.

tl,dr blizz be giving heals dps gear.
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/5/2013 2:52 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
What shadow gear are you getting because you have absolutely no hit rating on any of the gear you are wearing in your armory.
90 Human Priest
why would i wear the dps gear? dont come to this thread to troll. i have a actual problem that affects how i play. [Removed]
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/5/2013 2:52 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Based on your activity feed I see nothing that can be classified as caster dps (ie has hit rating) only gear since the 20 January. Is the item you are referring to appearing in your activity feed?
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/05/2013 01:42 AMPosted by Killapreist
why would i wear the dps gear? dont come to this thread to troll. i have a actual problem that affects how i play. gtfo and come back when you have a real solution for the problem
It would only be trolling if I wasn't trying to assist you in determining why you would be getting shadow gear. It is not shadow gear unless it has hit rating on it. Just because a piece of gear doesn't have spirit doesn't mean it is dps gear. In fact, the only piece of hit gear you have, you created yourself.
Edited by Flatspriest on 2/5/2013 2:19 AM PST
90 Human Priest
im getting gear that has no spirit. im having mana problems even tho i use rapture. mind bender and hyme of hope. i found the solution thanks to someone who saw my post and told me what i could do. [Removed] next time if you dont have a solution i suggest you keep your opinion to yourselfs, and let people who actually have real helpful knowlage post.
anyways the solution is reforge out of what you dont need to something you do. i had no idea you could reforge into a main stat.
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/5/2013 2:53 PM PST
90 Draenei Hunter
Just because gear doesn't have spirit on it doesn't really deem it to be "DPS gear."
90 Orc Warrior
02/05/2013 02:32 AMPosted by Killapreist
huntard l2read. the problems solved.

Then you have no need to respond. The issue is resolved and insults are unneeded, keep it up and you may find yourself on a forum vacation, hence the report symbols next to your post. Drop it, move on since your issue is resolved.
90 Human Priest
[Removed]

:edit i dont know why you guys see a post. go to it. have no actual suggestions except say ..... not dps gear. then when it is solved. still comment and still have no suggestion.
i come to the forums only when i have a real problem so a ban has no affect to me. not saying i want to get banned but ... why even say anything if it doesnt help at all in anyway at all ever?
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/5/2013 2:54 PM PST
90 Orc Warrior
why even say anything if it doesnt help at all in anyway at all ever?

Well that is certainly the pot calling the kettle black, can't say I expected different but no sweat off my brow
90 Pandaren Monk
IMO it doesn't matter that much. Too many healers think they must have Spirit in every single slot and they really don't.

That was Greg Street, Lead Systems Designer, on twitter this week:
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/294502706557640704

Hope that answers your question.
43 Pandaren Monk
02/05/2013 02:00 AMPosted by Mericca
Based on your activity feed I see nothing that can be classified as caster dps (ie has hit rating) only gear since the 20 January. Is the item you are referring to appearing in your activity feed?

Flats is not a troll. He is asking a very legit question. Please do not attack other posters and name call because they ask you a very legit question.

. you guys just came to flaunt your Sherlock Holmes Epeens. next time if you dont have a solution i suggest you keep your opinion to yourselfs, and let people who actually have real helpful knowlage post.
anyways the solution is reforge out of what you dont need to something you do. i had no idea you could reforge into a main stat.
edit: btw i didnt report your post before this flatspriest. other people know you have no idea what the problem was

No people, flats included, were trying to help you. It is very difficult to provide player help with very little info. We can only go by what is posted and what we see in your armory, if that applies.
No one reported flats post as it doesn't break any rules. That is the entire point of this thread is for players to help other players via suggestions. If you do not like those rules then you do not have to post here. I am totally lost and not understanding at all why one is so bent out of shape from people trying to help.

Perhaps next time you can use the support site and either find the answer yourself or make a ticket so a gm can tell you the same thing. Then you will not be interacting so rudely with people trying to help you.
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/05/2013 04:54 AMPosted by Tinkrashi
or make a ticket so a gm can tell you the same thing

This is something that really does need to be discussed through a player-to-player venue. The GM's wouldn't be able to discuss the logistics of the spirit vs. hit component of the looting system with players. I believe that would be considered a game hint, which GM's are prohibited from disseminating.
43 Pandaren Monk
This is something that really does need to be discussed through a player-to-player venue. The GM's wouldn't be able to discuss the logistics of the spirit vs. hit component of the looting system with players. I believe that would be considered a game hint, which GM's are prohibited from disseminating.

I know and I totally agree. It just seems the OP has issue with players asking questions and trying to help.
Maybe the twitter link posted will help. That is a developer discussing this issue directly.

Greg Street Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@*&* IMO it doesn't matter that much. Too many healers think they must have Spirit in every single slot and they really don't.
Greg Street Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler

@*(&) IMO it doesn't matter that much. Too many healers think they must have Spirit in every single slot and they really don't.
90 Night Elf Rogue
I know and I totally agree. It just seems the OP has issue with players asking questions and trying to help.

Agreed. But an inference that a support ticket or in-game ticket would be an appropriate means of learning about in-game mechanics is probably not the best advice. :)
43 Pandaren Monk
Agreed. But an inference that a support ticket or in-game ticket would be an appropriate means of learning about in-game mechanics is probably not the best advice. :)

You and I both know the support site will not let a ticket be made for this issue. The OP needs to learn that themselves. That was one reason for the suggestion. The advice was go thru the support site and find the answer. This was the correct advice and really doesn't need to be nitpicked. when you try to make a ticket it gives you links to support articles for the issue you are having. It will not let you make a ticket if it is an issue such as this. Perhaps there are support articles that can make the OP better believe the correct information that has been given.
Edited by Tinkrashi on 2/5/2013 5:45 AM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/05/2013 05:44 AMPosted by Tinkrashi
This was the correct advice and really doesn't need to be nitpicked

That it was correct advice is entirely subjective. So nitpick I will. Enjoy your day.
Support Forum Agent
02/05/2013 05:44 AMPosted by Tinkrashi
You and I both know the support site will not let a ticket be made for this issue.

Not specifically, but a ticket may still be created through the in-game interface or by using the "Is not listed here" option. The fact remains that our support staff would not really be in a position to discuss the finer points of gear distribution and usefulness for a class/spec. :)

If anything I would recommend that they post in the Priest forum, as the discussion would be better for that forum and those discussion could be reviewed by our Community Managers and/or Developers. Though a "blue" response is not guaranteed, one may be possible, especially on productive discussions.
Support Forum Agent
02/05/2013 01:15 AMPosted by Killapreist
blizz be giving heals dps gear.

As already mentioned, the lack of spirit does not necessarily indicate that the gear is DPS. Regardless, if you believe something is not categorized correctly the appropriate place to report that would be either in the Bug Report forum or through the in-game interface.

If you would otherwise like to see a change made to the game you'll want to post your constructive feedback in the forum best associated with the subject or again, through the in-game interface.

Please remember that these forums are here for players to discuss the game with their fellow players. It's important for us to provide a civil and friendly environment for that to happen, where all can feel comfortable sharing their thoughts with each other. How you have expressed yourself here has not appropriate. Not only was the language used in a few places a violation of our Code of Conduct but your interaction towards your fellow players would be considered harassing/defamatory.

If you wish to continue posting please keep that in mind. If you find someone's post is not helpful you are welcome to use the voting system by selecting the thumbs down option. You may also report a post that you believe violates the Code of Conduct by selecting the (!)Report option.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]