Stat priorities on Destro

90 Human Warlock
Hi guys, I returned to WoW in December after a four year break and rolled a new warlock. So my character is still gearing up and I am still mastering the class.

I really enjoy the warlock and playstyle and destro is fun as well, and feel I am making progress or at least I am enjoying the learning curve if that makes sense.

Although it seems my DPS has stalled and is lowish - on single target fights I am only doing anywhere from as low as 35K up to a max 60K, usually 50's. Seeems low? Or is it about par for my current gear?

I can scale up to 75K on fights with half a dozen or more Mobs where I can synergise RoF with immolate (Fire and Brimstone), Havoc and CD etc.

I have been following these forums for info and have read all the class guides and feel my spell rotation is optimised noting that it is pretty straight forward for Destro.

Also, I have read that Mastery > Crit. Noting that I now have the hit cap, is it optimum to invest in mastery over crit?

Cheers and thanks in advance for any advice.
Edited by Warrock on 2/5/2013 4:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
According to Noxxic,
Destro PvE is Hit (15%)>Mastery>Crit=Haste
Destro PvP is Hit (6%)>Crit>Mastery>Haste

Mastery increases our Spells as well as our Ember Consuming Spells and Ablilities, while Crit ups the damage of our Chaos Bolt.

Also, in 5.2, our Ember Tap will heal us based on our Mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I suggest using SimC to know your stat priority. Destro's stats are very dynamic, and you cannot simply stack one stat after hit cap.

As for your current dps, anything below 45k would be low considering your gear (imo). Above that is fine.
I'm an ember stacker, using CB when I,m near 4 full embers or before that if I get a couple of procs up at a time, and so far it has served me well.

Making sure to use Havok on cooldown when the fight allows for it, and to use it with shadowburn when possible, will increase your dps substansially.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Hi, thanks for the replies. I mostly find my DPS is lower when the mobs die quickly as I dont seem to have time to get everything off. I have downloaded simC but struggling to understand how to use it just now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxMgBXnIfVk

Take a look at this guide Brualk put out. Its fairly lengthy, but goes into pretty solid depth on what you should be doing as Destro.

As far as stat prio goes there's two routes you can go.

Using GoSac= 15% hit cap>Mastery>Crit>Haste
Using Supremecy/Service= 15% hit cap>Haste>Mastery>Crit

The logic behind both is pretty straight forward. With GoSac your buffing not only your base line spells ( Conflag, Immo, Incin) but also getting a nice boost to CB as well.

The Supremecy/Service route focuses more on just putting out your ember generating spells fast, mainly Incinerate. The faster you cast, the faster your putting out damage.
Edited by Diábolic on 2/6/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
1. Get hit capped
2. Enough Crit and Haste to keep from going OOM
3. Mastery when you have enough resource generation
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
1. Get hit capped

Not to be negative...but what??
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
1. Get hit capped

They way Destro works with stats is a bit different the most specs. You could give the advice of:

Mast>Crit>Haste

and they will do okay. It is really a balance of having enough Crit and Haste to not go OOM while doing as much damage as possible from Mastery stacking. Crit increases Embers generated, giving Mana more time to regen as you cast Chaos Bolts. Haste Increases Mana generation. Mastery increases Damage, without increasing resource generation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

They way Destro works with stats is a bit different the most specs. You could give the advice of:

Mast>Crit>Haste

and they will do okay. It is really a balance of having enough Crit and Haste to not go OOM while doing as much damage as possible from Mastery stacking. Crit increases Embers generated, giving Mana more time to regen as you cast Chaos Bolts. Haste Increases Mana generation. Mastery increases Damage, without increasing resource generation.

Destro gets a flat out 625% mana Generation through Chaotic Energy. Ive never gone OOM. and Crit is just not a reliable enough stat and we cant reach the levels we need for it too be better then Mastery which is a flat out damage boost to all our spells.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/06/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Diábolic
Ive never gone OOM.
This used to be a problem before the buffs to Destro in 5.1.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
cool, i've been looking for a good destro guide too
Reply Quote
Posted by Diábolic
Ive never gone OOM.

Still is a minor problem when you want to have 4 embers for DS. Manageable but not all that smooth , depending on gear/stats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]