JK, LFG and Xiun the rage quitter :P

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I can envision 3 problems with my play right now

1. logging in to WoW, so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. Obviously i'm dull, trying to heal you. sorry. February is the worst month of the year for me. It eases up significantly in March.

2. I'm still not seeing enemy big-damage CD's. I might have to crank up the volume on gladiatorlossa so she is louder than your voices in skype. If she is shouting at me, I can't ignore her, right? right mom + exGFs?

3. I don't have the time to study/practice right now. I know skill takes work. Arenas are like competitive speed chess (which I played as a kid). It takes study of good players, knowledge of theory, and practice.

3a. I need more games at lower skill levels. All the best players master their class my playing literally thousands of arena games. I have 425 total games on this toon. That is maybe 1/4th of what I need to really get better. I might start !@#$ting around in 2s with whomever, just seeing if I can keep ungeared %^-*ters alive forever.

Also an interesting observation: on my mage I could duel all day to master my class. Healers....not so much. Nobody wants to duel a healer. Not that I have even tried much, but it really isn't much challenge keeping alive with only one dps on me.

maybe I should solo queue 2's for practice? This idea has promise

anyway sorry for sucking the last few weeks. mostly just IRL exhausting me. It won't stay that way.

=P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I don't blame you, i've been pretty exhausted too.

I think sleep+ more time is really key, I know how much being tiered affects play.

Turning up glalosa might be good, or just be awake enough to see BIGANGRYRED about to go ham on jk.

Learning to live against multiple DPS is a good skill - for when you're getting trained. Knowing when to go for CC/positioning seems to be a big issue - you also seem to lock up a bit under high pressure which is just something you need to work through (i did it/still do it on my healers "OMG EVERYONE IS DIEING")

Also you should know at this point I don't rage quit :] I stop before I get angry <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Dont worry about it so much. Just take a breath before each game and look what you're going against.

Tell yourself hey this comp has x amount of cc and x amount of burst. I need to be ready for insane damage during this window that ill need to sac and aura mastery so i can heal through it.

Always have a reason for using something. Dont just stun because you have it up. Use your stun to create room to heal or stop that locks chaos bolt or to stop a heal.

For example going against shaman kfc as pally/ele/mage. Know that both your ele and mage are viable kill targets. Know they have alot of instant cc through fear/scatter/trap/stuns. They also have hex/capacitor which arn't instant but will be pretty quick.

Once you see zoo your thought should be to immediately bop even if hes sitting good. Since you stopped the pressure on their initial target its time to turn things around and stun a dps you may even aura mastery to stop silences so the ele and mage can get hex's and sheeps off.

Just try to be aware of what teams bring to the table and how those comps generally play.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
A very large portion of it has to do with the fact that elemental shamans fall over too damn easily.

You healing me as a dps shaman means you need to work harder than the average healer. When i was healing LFG last night in 2's, i actually had room to breathe and throw out damage on targets... not something your going to get the luxury of.

Even healing Tolik in all blues with missing pvp pieces..... its still easier than healing a full malevolent elemental shaman.

Don't take this season as anything more than goofing around. its too out of whack, but next season looks promising...
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Death Knight
If you're that tired, maybe you should go to bed, instead of log onto WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
thanks for the feedback guys.

Xiun - i definitely freeze up when pressured.

and I was teasing about rage quitting. I think that time you DC'ed you just went to bed. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You healing me as a dps shaman means you need to work harder than the average healer. When i was healing LFG last night in 2's, i actually had room to breathe and throw out damage on targets... not something your going to get the luxury of.

I even let him kill some people.
Edited by Lfgismagical on 2/5/2013 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i dont need your pity kills
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
so this is a beautiful video http://www.skill-capped.com/watch/8234/field-of-vision-guide/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Why do we have personal conversations on the forums?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/06/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Foamy

for the same reason that nobody asked you
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
02/06/2013 09:29 AMPosted by Foamy

Because it's a lot easier here instead of trying to catch us all online and not busy?

Also there are personal convo threads (and this isn't even that personal considering it's about wow) all over the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Isn't it easier to send an ingame mail?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/06/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Foamy
Isn't it easier to send an ingame mail?

...no..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
02/05/2013 03:37 PMPosted by Algir
If you're that tired, maybe you should go to bed, instead of log onto WoW.

Blasphemy
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
If I ever started Arenaing, which probably won't happen, I'd probably pose this question to my partner: are you okay with losing 90% of your games? If they're not, then nevermind lol. I'd set the bar as low as possible so we could still hopefully have fun in a losing environment.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/06/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Digerati
If I ever started Arenaing, which probably won't happen, I'd probably pose this question to my partner: are you okay with losing 90% of your games? If they're not, then nevermind lol. I'd set the bar as low as possible so we could still hopefully have fun in a losing environment.

i hear ya there, but also I want to get better all the time. so I encourage advice from my partners (all three of which are better at this game than I am).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]