Druids need 3 or 4 specs :(

90 Pandaren Monk
Druid just doesn't feel like Druid anymore. It used to be that druids could fill any role needed in a raid, now we're limited to just 2 roles, which all but pure dps classes can fill as well. I truly miss the days of having a tank have to leave, and Druid takes over. A mage has to go, and I switch over to boomkin. A rogue having to leave and I switch to kitty form. A priest having to leave and I switch to tree form (which should be put back in, I miss the old tree form! but that's another thread lol). As of right now, Druid has no bonus like they used to. Druid used to be the Jack of All Trades, now we're the Mediocre of Two Trades. We're just copies of other classes just mashed together, instead of being it's own class.

Make Druids have 3 or even all 4 specs available to them without spending the unholy amount of gold it costs some of us true druids now, since we switch specs all the time. We should at least be able to have healing, dps, and tank, if not both melee and ranged dps specs.
Edited by Shinjo on 2/5/2013 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Hearth and respec if that's what you need to do.

Crisis averted.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So what you're saying is that you don't want to have to make a choice. You want everything.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/05/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Mushimushi
So what you're saying is that you don't want to have to make a choice. You want everything.

This is how druid used to be...That's the point I'm getting to. Druids weren't made to have 2 choices, we were made to have all choices.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
STL
Is not the whole Druid class such a mess that Blizzard had to give 4 spec options?
They can't get it figured out, too much crap going on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/05/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Shinjo

This is how druid used to be...That's the point I'm getting to. Druids weren't made to have 2 choices, we were made to have all choices.

But that's unbalanced. Blizzard doesn't let things like that go unbalanced, usually.

Honestly, I'm glad this is gone. No more nub cats trying to tank and failing.

Dedicated cats/bears could not exist with the new system anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Rogozsnitsa:

Panda wants a one size fits all Class.

Rosenphelia:...
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
Give Deathknights 3 or 4 speccs too. Atm they only get 1 tanking specc and 1 dps specc but they can also have an AoE dps specc and a pvp dps specc. Sometimes they need to tank in pvp (like AV) so give them a specc for that as well. Atleast 6 speccs for Deathknights.

What other class needs 6-7 speccs? Mages?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/05/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Traleda

But that's unbalanced. Blizzard doesn't let things like that go unbalanced, usually.

Honestly, I'm glad this is gone. No more nub cats trying to tank and failing.

Dedicated cats/bears could not exist with the new system anyway.

I don't want to be the best at everything, that's not what druid is about. Druid is about being able to do everything, but not be the master of anything. This was the original concept when the class was thought up. Over the years it's kinda gone by the wayside. I wouldn't consider it unbalanced, since there should always be a class that can do what druids can, only better. I'm an original druid from day 1, but it's just no fun being able to pick up the slack when needed in raids or even scenarios. In a scenario it would be awesome to have the old druid. I could dps until needed to heal, then switch to tree and heal, then switch to dps, or tank as needed. This is what druid has always been about, but you aren't a druid if you can't do this. You're a mage in boomkin, you're a rogue in kitty, you're a warrior in bear, you're a priest in tree. There is no such thing as a Druid anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

You do have all the choices. Just not all at the click of a button out in the field.

02/05/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Shinjo
Druid is about being able to do everything, but not be the master of anything.

They removed the hybrid tax specifically to counter this line of thinking.
Edited by Mushimushi on 2/5/2013 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

What? When did that happen?

Putting points in all the trees in previous expansions is not 'made to have all choices'

That's called letting your cat choose your cat spec.

I don't want to be the best at everything, that's not what druid is about. Druid is about being able to do everything, but not be the master of anything

You're welcome to do all content while not wearing your pants to simulate the hybrid tax then, because you do not speak for me.
Edited by Amyiss on 2/5/2013 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/05/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Shinjo
I could dps until needed to heal, then switch to tree and heal, then switch to dps, or tank as needed.

you could never do that before, not without a spec change. nothing is really any different.

the closest thing to what you're describing was the bearcatting we used to do as feral tanks. popping into kitty to do decent dps when not actively tanking.

as for popping out of owlkin form to heal... not going to be nearly as effective at it as resto, and they'll oom pretty fast. or popping out of tree form to dps..same thing. those were never truly interchangeable, and required a spec change, just as they do now.
Edited by Anastasiia on 2/5/2013 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I do kind of miss druid's ability to truly function as a hybrid, but alas, this is not the turn the game has taken. Now you must make choices.

Also, we don't need the days of loot-hoarding that used to have to take place because you needed a specialized set for every role.

If you want to PVE in 2 or more different roles, then you want to PVP either as dps or heals, you'll need to focus and make some meaningful choices. It's part of the game and this is probably the easiest it's ever been the adjust.

D1-D2: Permanent talent/skill point allocation. Mistake? -> New character
WoW Vanilla: Respec = expensive
WoW Wrath: 2 Specs, but respec still = expensive
WoW MoP: 2 Specs, respecs = cheap and quick

Accept that you have a very friendly structure for changing your character already and go out and play the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
02/05/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Maeday
Also, we don't need the days of loot-hoarding that used to have to take place because you needed a specialized set for every role.

lol remember when there were some cloth BIS pieces for resto/boomkin (or at least, people thought they were).... omg the drama
Edited by Anastasiia on 2/5/2013 3:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Maybe he wants the return of terribly itemized tier gear that druids had that gave terrible amounts of every stat and secondary stat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/05/2013 03:02 PMPosted by Gimia
Maybe he wants the return of terribly itemized tier gear that druids had that gave terrible amounts of every stat and secondary stat.

<Hank Hill> NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I tend to agree. I miss the versatility of being a druid. I especially miss the ability to customize specs into hybrid specs, so even within that spec you could perform two different roles decently if you had to, like the restokin, or the bear/kitty off tank. *sigh* Those were the days. I wish they would we could go back to that, but it's very unlikely.
Reply Quote
57 Pandaren Hunter
I agree with the OP
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Just get Heart of the Wild and for 45 seconds every 6 minutes you'll be more of a hybrid than you ever were back in the rose-tinted days.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Druid "hybridism" was never about people being able to switch from healer to moonkin to kitty to bear all within the same run.

It was specializing in one area, with some level (not as good a the full role) of ability to do the others. A resto druid can still go into bearform... it's just not going to be as good as a beartank.

It never was. It cannot be.
Edited by Snowfox on 2/5/2013 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]