Macro for setting price in Auctions tab?

90 Human Mage
I sell a lot of tradeable/sellable battle pets and it is super annoying to have to go and manually enter in the same price over and over again for an inventory full of pets. Is there a macro, script, or something that someone can help me with so that all I have to do is click on the macro and it automatically sets the start bid and buyout prices and then clicks on the Create Auction button? I've spent several hours looking over the macro and script stuff but am unable to find what I'm looking for. (Not a programmer, btw)

Any help is *greatly* appreciated!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592581367#2
/run local P,x,y,p=123.4567, {"StartPrice","BuyoutPrice"},{"Gold","Silver","Copper"} p={strmatch(P*10000,"(%d+)(%d%d)(%d%d)$")} for i=1,2 do for j=1,3 do _G[x[i]..y[j]]:SetText(p[j]) end end

Change 123.4567 to the value (in gold)

If you want a little more automation:

/click AuctionsCreateAuctionButton
/click AuctionsItemButton
/run local P,x,y,p=123.4567, {"StartPrice","BuyoutPrice"},{"Gold","Silver","Copper"} p={strmatch(P*10000,"(%d+)(%d%d)(%d%d)$")} for i=1,2 do for j=1,3 do _G[x[i]..y[j]]:SetText(p[j]) end end

Pick up an item on the cursor. Hit the macro to place the item in the sell window for 123.4567g, hit the macro again to sell.
Edited by Ro on 2/5/2013 8:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Depending on how many different items you're talking about, a macro might be impractical... you might prefere an addon that can remember your price settings and allow batch-posting.

The classic examples are auctioneer and tradeskillmaster.

Acutioneer's "appraiser" tab allows you to set the price of any item you want to a fixed gold amount, and disable automatic undercutting if you like (or leave automatic undercutting enabled if you like). You can click an itme you want to sell, then press post... or make a macro that clicks post for you if you prefer, which would be easy enough. Or even easier, appraiser allows you to add items to "Batch posting". When you batch-post, it posts everything in your bags that you've set up for batch posting according to the rules you set up previously, you just have to hit the "confirm" button for each auction.

Tradeskillmaster can do similar mechanics for you in its "auctioning" module. You might find appraiser easier to set up though, tradeskillmaster just has many more options.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Sorry for taking so long to reply.. :(

02/05/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Ro

This is *exactly* what I was looking for, thank you so much!!!

02/06/2013 01:20 AMPosted by Hershe
Depending on how many different items you're talking about, a macro might be impractical... you might prefere an addon that can remember your price settings and allow batch-posting.

It's battle pets that I auction, and at the moment, I have not found a single addon to date that can manage to wrestle the API to work with the data. Hopefully they fix it soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]