10% nerf to old riads! Y?

90 Dwarf Shaman
02/05/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Cinderfury
I don't understand why you guys do this.. I mean it's been months since these raids have been out, hasn't anyone who wanted to get through them done that by now? I play games to actually spend time in them, not to race to the end and then have nothing new to see or look forward to... I really thought the progression in TBC was fantastic, I don't know why you want us all to be at the same level progression-wise.

Think of it like this:

You are an artist, you.. make music. Some people make music for their own enjoyment, but most make it to be enjoyed by the larger crowd. They want their music to be heard. So you do what you can to make it available to people. You talk about it on twitter, myspace, facebook, etc etc etc... Because if you feel you've done something worth hearing, you don't want to just be playing it in the local bar on amateur night.

Enter video game designers. They too are artists, and for the longest time, raid content was seen by the smallest % of peoples. Now, with nerfs like this (which really only take the edge off the dps and healing checks), more and more people can enjoy the content and be able to appreciate all the hard work and creative brilliance that goes into making content like this.

Wouldn't you want your art to be seen and appreciated by everyone.

Also, <3 Bashiok.
90 Night Elf Druid
The Feats of Strength are a good choice to try to simmer down those who complain. :3 Good move.
90 Draenei Hunter
So, even more Feat of Strengths for killing Normal end bosses as well as the current ones for completing heroics? That's cool.

Bashiok, was the druid tier 15 a 'welcome back' sign for you to the WoW team/avatar? I love it!
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually thought this was a rage thread at first, convincing title >_>
Also, <3 Bashiok.

He's so funny when he's drunk. :D

<3
90 Undead Death Knight
Thanks Bashiok.

Now I need to clear normal HoF and toes before 5.2.

I doubt I will make it in time!

Haha, same >_>

I am glad that if you do pre-nerf runs this time around, it would actually mean something. I've expressed this back in DS to make pre-nerfs more rewarding. It wasn't any different due to the fact that it only changed difficulty and nothing else. Now, I hope people will be happy this way.
100 Draenei Shaman
This world does not have enough Bashioks.
100 Gnome Warlock
02/05/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Bashiok
In addition, item drops are being greatly increased, including those from Elder Charm of Good Fortune bonus rolls. In addition, as stated in the patch notes, costs of 5.0 and 5.1 Valor items are being reduced by 50% and 25% respectively.

Also meant to point out that upping the droprate is worthless since the charms are no longer available for pick up in 5.0 content, and only very low drops from 5.2 content. The diminished costs on the rep gear also doesn't really amount to much since you're downgrading all VP to JP, without adding anything to the game to actually make JP worth having (unless your plan is to have all JP be used to convert to honour for the PvP weapons, in which case that's the only thing you could use JP for anyway).
Edited by Bomdanil on 2/5/2013 7:52 PM PST
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I can't stress how much I absolutely love this post.
90 Human Paladin
This is the mother of all freaking awesome.

Um.... Bashiok... could you answer me this one thing, though?

Will you be wiping Valor when 5.2 drops?

I don't want to be at, say, 1500 Valor trying to get a piece of gear and then..... POOF. I log in on patch day and I now have 0 Valor and 1500 Justice that are..... useless to me.
90 Human Warlock
02/05/2013 07:43 PMPosted by Maelfus
Now, with nerfs like this (which really only take the edge off the dps and healing checks), more and more people can enjoy the content and be able to appreciate all the hard work and creative brilliance that goes into making content like this.

Ah yes if only the developers spent resources in making a system to help expand population of players who can experience the content. Oh right, LFR was made for that purpose.
02/05/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Tacobeef
like what happened in Cataclysm when every single hardline decision to make content harder by the designers was overturned in patch 4.3

Hey guys I die if I stand in the fire, call for nerfs because this fire is over tuned.

Overturned in patch 4.3 you say, well go do some research and look up all the nerfs and introduction of more solo oriented grinds brought into Cata before 4.3.
Edited by Oniangel on 2/5/2013 7:56 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
In addition, item drops are being greatly increased, including those from Elder Charm of Good Fortune bonus rolls. In addition, as stated in the patch notes, costs of 5.0 and 5.1 Valor items are being reduced by 50% and 25% respectively.

Also meant to point out that upping the droprate is worthless since the charms are no longer available for pick up in 5.0 content, and only very low drops from 5.2 content. The diminished costs on the rep gear also doesn't really amount to much since you're downgrading all VP to JP, without adding anything to the game to actually make JP worth having (unless your plan is to have all JP be used to convert to honour for the PvP weapons, in which case that's the only thing you could use JP for anyway).

Uh, maybe you're misinformed?

You can still do Dailies to get Lesser Charms.

You use Lesser Charms to buy 5.0 Raid Coins AND 5.2 Raid Coins. You can still get the 5.0 Elder Coins the same way as you could before?

And they said nothing about changing the Valor Vendors -- they'll sell the same 489/496 they did before. Only now, 25%-50% less. So...a 1750 belt might be 875 instead. Which is really freaking nice.

And yeah, Justice is still worthless. More so with the removal of the upgrade NPC......blah.
Edited by Hirai on 2/5/2013 7:55 PM PST
100 Gnome Warlock

I don't want to be at, say, 1500 Valor trying to get a piece of gear and then..... POOF. I log in on patch day and I now have 0 Valor and 1500 Justice that are..... useless to me.

Yes, all VP is being wiped to justice points without a similar gear downgrade in cost. Beyond that, elder charms will no longer be available to the playerbase from the elder in the shrines. Your only access to them will be very low drops from world mobs in 5.2 content.
90 Human Paladin

Yes, all VP is being wiped to justice points without a similar gear downgrade in cost. Beyond that, elder charms will no longer be available to the playerbase from the elder in the shrines. Your only access to them will be very low drops from world mobs in 5.2 content.

Could you link where they said they're wiping Valor? I've been checking MMO-Champ every day and haven't seen this?

Wiping Valor is a stupid idea.... since everything you buy with Valor takes time to unlock anyways.

Esp when the cap is 1,000 per week and they never give you an ample forewarning that 5.2 is going to drop any given week... so you don't know when you should blow all of your valor before 5.2 drops, or hang onto it if it doesn't come that week.
Edited by Hirai on 2/5/2013 7:58 PM PST
54 Night Elf Warrior
Are there going to be any changes to fights with specific movement mechanics?

For example, Imperial Vizier Zor'lok's Attenuation ability, we've got a couple players who simply can not dodge those sonic rings. Blade Lord Ta'yak's "Storm Unleashed" ability causes issues as well to those who cannot dodge the whirlwinds...

Even with dmg and health changes, I think those two encounters specifically will still cause us some issues. The sonic rings and the whirlwinds need to be slowed down to make them more easily avoided by some of our less coordinated players.
Blizzard Employee

We just posted something on the front page. Curious, do you have a book mark directly to the forums, were you already here and missed it, or do you maybe just quickly click the forums button?

No sarcasm or disrespect, honestly curious how you use the site and if there's something we can't do to get front page announcements in front of more people.
90 Orc Death Knight
Inb4 this is Wednesday's The Daily Blink strip...

02/05/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Bashiok
No sarcasm or disrespect, honestly curious how you use the site and if there's something we can't do to get front page announcements in front of more people.

@dailyblink got me to this thread.
Edited by Dagolitos on 2/5/2013 8:00 PM PST
62 Gnome Warrior
This thread needs to be reported for trolling. It creates unrest in the forums. Report it please.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]