What flask do you use?

90 Tauren Paladin
I'm nearing 90 and I already have a spot in raiding for my guild once I get geared. I'm currently making spirit flasks because from what I've read, spirit's a lot more valuable in this expansion since intellect doesn't do anything for regen. But at what point will I want intellect flasks? I maxed out my alchemy making spirit ones, so I have a few stacks of those already. I also still have quite a few golden lotus if I want to make some intellect ones.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Depends. Generally though once you are comfortable with your spirit and can last throughout an encounter you can switch to int flasks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Whenever when you're finishing fights with too much mana.
You'll probably get use out of spirit when you're gearing up, but once you get to 9k-10k flat spirit (not counting trinkets), I found that to be my spot for regen, so I use intellect pots now.
But it also determines the fight, some fights can really benefit from regen.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
For monk get int flask. Your mana regen is so low that 1k spirit makes no difference.

For the other healers:

02/06/2013 03:58 AMPosted by Sadiemay
once you are comfortable with your spirit and can last throughout an encounter you can switch to int flasks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The problem with spirit flasks (and food) is that they're underscaled. You get only 1 point of spirit for each 1 intellect you give up, compared to something like gems where you get 2 spirit per int. So it's very inefficient to use spirit consumables unless you're really, really desperate for spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Unless:
-Your ilvl is still below 470, and very little of your gear has spirit due to ???, and you are still gemmed for caster dps (aka no spirit gems).
-You are a 25 man resto shaman
-You are a disc priest in a raid without resto shamans

You should flask int. That's what the math says at least.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
02/06/2013 03:54 AMPosted by Mkp
spirit's a lot more valuable in this expansion since intellect doesn't do anything for regen

That's strictly BS my friend.

Classes aren't equal in terms of throughput or regen not to mention personal gear and play-styles that have an effect too.

Spirit is valuable for your class prior to tier that's for sure but that doesn't mean you'll need it more than an int flask even starting off in MSV. But this depends upon a lot of things -

Will you be two healing the 'tougher fights'? Have you've done raiding prior? Do you know how to play a H pally in a raiding environment? Does your raid stand in-not move from everything that they're not suppose to? etc, etc...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Its not that intellect is "not powerful" anymore.... It is still the best stat, and provides both spell power and critical strike.

It just used to be ridiculously OP. It gave both of the above, and also more regen than spirit point for point (at least for Druids).

Spirit is a personal choice, I will just leave it at that. How much, and its weight is very subjective. Personally, as people have mentioned, I only choose it over intellect when it is at a 2:1 ratio. That means gems mainly.
Edited by Fangthorn on 2/6/2013 8:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I used to spirit flasks up until recently, where it only mattered on which fight how much regen I needed/wanted. I like the little blanket it gives me (being an alchemist) but it's nbd, once you get comfortable with the amount of spirit you have go straight int :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For where I'm at (8/16 normal, guild got 9/16 while I was travelling), it's been Intellect all the way.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I cant speak for every class but as a monk i almost alway choose int flask/food

but few longer encounters i use spirit

like all the other healers say stick with spirit till your comfortable
Edited by Izumí on 2/6/2013 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I use a Spirit Flask and Spirit Food. Because I'm Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
On both my druid and paladin, I am using Int food/flasks. Then again, I only do normals, so I can't say what would be best for true progression.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Int flask and food. If I want spirit I'll get it somewhere that isn't a 1:1 tradeoff with int.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I use spirit because I have one million tea leaves in my gbank and I am addicted to spirit.

Good reasoning, I know.
Reply Quote
When I'm disc i go for spirit food and flask right now with how powerful rapture is. Holy I do int of both. On my Rsham (who is a panda), I use spirit food (due to epicurean buff) and an int flask, it seems to balance out the best right now. I raid 10 mans and LFR only though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
spirit flask and int food
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
02/06/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Amabella
Int flask and food. If I want spirit I'll get it somewhere that isn't a 1:1 tradeoff with int.

I agree.

Except for a little bit while gearing through heroics as a fresh 90. The way spirit scales at 89 and 90 it left me starving for mana. I was fine again around 5k spirit but I did my first heroic with 3.5k.

OP, I would suggest no more than 10 spirit flasks to get over that fresh 90 hump, and to play around with later. After that initial hump it is a matter of playstyle but I think you will find int will give you better numbers than spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I routinely switch flasks between fights.

Spirit on fights that I know are going to be tight mana wise. I am the mana battery! RAWR!

Int on every other one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I carry both flasks and change depending on the fight. H Garalon (latest progression) is spirit. H Windlord (mass dispel every other quickening) is spirit. Those are the biggest offenders. Fights with built in regen boosts (H Stoneguard, any version of Gara'jal) are intellect. Any fight with burst lull damage patterns, I tend to use intellect.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]