What flask do you use?

90 Blood Elf Priest
Intellect since like, the second week of MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I would never use an intellect flask on my healer anymore.
Reply Quote
It depends on what class you are, and how much you get out of Spirit. How much of your regen is "x% of max mana" and how much is based off of spirit? And, what's the crunch spot in the fights you're tackling? If the challenge is short-term survival (people die before you can heal them back up) you want more Int. If it's long-term survival (people die because you don't have the mana to heal them up) then you want more spirit.

I would never use a Spirit flask on my druid, because I get relatively little out of spirit, and way more benefit out of making my heals stronger. But I would consider it for my disco priest and shaman. I don't play a paladin, so I don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/06/2013 05:42 AMPosted by Calonderiel
The problem with spirit flasks (and food) is that they're underscaled. You get only 1 point of spirit for each 1 intellect you give up, compared to something like gems where you get 2 spirit per int. So it's very inefficient to use spirit consumables unless you're really, really desperate for spirit.

This is exactly why I gem for Spirit, and flask for Int.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I think class has a huge impact on this decision. Paladins for example have holy power for free heals and seal of insight for mana. Well geared monks are doing great with mana tea and chi free heals. Don't ge me started on rapture for disc priests, it will still be better than almost every spec after the upcoming nerf.

As a shaman doing heroic content, I run 11.3k unbuffed spirit and still go oom. At some point though, you definitely want to switch to an int flask but it really depends on your class and the raid difficulty your workin on.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I think class has a huge impact on this decision. Paladins for example have holy power for free heals and seal of insight for mana. Well geared monks are doing great with mana tea and chi free heals. Don't ge me started on rapture for disc priests, it will still be better than almost every spec after the upcoming nerf.

As a shaman doing heroic content, I run 11.3k unbuffed spirit and still go oom. At some point though, you definitely want to switch to an int flask but it really depends on your class and the raid difficulty your workin on.

In before Shaman saying "I've never once come close to going OOM evar evar"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/07/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Taymage
In before Shaman saying "I've never once come close to going OOM evar evar"

If that is the case then either quit over healing encouters or quit getting carried and heal harder.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/07/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Stormfist
I think class has a huge impact on this decision. Paladins for example have holy power for free heals and seal of insight for mana.

And our other spells are relatively more expensive, and Seal of Insight is bugged and doesn't work most of the time with popular builds. Assuming you can even get into melee range to begin with.

Class definitely does matter though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I switched to int flask after first 2 weeks but I'm a monk.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I always use spirit flasks. But I'm in a 25m raid and spend the majority of my GCD's casting poh. For most of our farm content I could use int flasks but I just use spirit anyways. for progression spirit flasks seem a must (especially since we're working on heroic empress now)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I do 25s and I always run spirit flask and food. I could get more personal throughput of int at this point but my Mana Tide totem gives mana back to 6 (sometimes 5) healers and that's much more important so people like the poster above me can spam SS/DA longer :D.
Edited by Kessiaan on 2/7/2013 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]