Fastest way to get a decent ilvl on your alt

14 Night Elf Hunter
Don't concern yourself with more then 5 dailies.

Your new 90 alt, provided you bought the commendations, will already be revered with the Klaxxi if you quest through Dread Wastes and honored with Shado pan if you quest through Townlong. (Unlocked right there 5 pieces of vp gear.) Then start Shieldwall/Dominance dailies to revered (maybe 2 weeks at the most opening 4 more pieces). Now you only have to earn the vp to buy them.

You also can buy 2 ilvl 496 pieces from the AH. They are right now rather expensive but might be worth it. And before you know it you can queue for LFR and start 5.2.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Amg that takes too long /rabble.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
    Kill Sha and loot the quest item for ilvl 476 boots.
    If you have it, use your profession to craft 2 ilvl 476 items for your class.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
Somebody could do the math to see how many items are actually needed to get to ilvl 480. I just wanted to point out that by the time you get to 90 on an alt (provided the main bought the commendations) you already can have 2 factions unlocked and don't need any more dailies unless you want the ilvl496. Of course vp accumulation takes time.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
I ran up the ilevel pretty quickly just chaining scenarios on one alt.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
02/06/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Littledeer
You also can buy 2 ilvl 496 pieces from the AH.

496 pieces, on average, go for around 10k or more. Unless you are McMoneybags, you aren't going to want to spend upwards of over 20k for two pieces of gear.
Reply Quote
Engineers can make a epic head piece for themselves, very handy.
Reply Quote
58 Orc Warrior
So your advice for how to get better gear is to get valor points and buy valor gear after hitting the required reps....

Sure glad I stopped by this thread.
Edited by Grumpas on 2/6/2013 2:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
I see alot of players being concerned about getting their alts raidready and complaining about how dailies are required to do so. Of course there are other ways but they are RNG dependant.

BTW why don't you add your fastest way?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I was at 433 when I hit 90, without touching Dread Wastes or finishing Townlong. I immediately got a Sha group, which got me new shoes & I also got lucky enough to score ilevel 496 gloves. Those two pieces alone put me at 443. A few relatively inexpensive purchases from the AH put me at 446, & this morning a run through Gates got me a 463 necklace, raising me to 447.

My 429 staff & a 429 trinket are holding me back.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I can't get my rep for the Klaxxi up to revered to get the commendation in the first place. Suddenly they just stopped giving quests. Apparently I'm waiting on some Pandaren to make a brew out of kodo teeth. Seems to be taking a while.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
You might want to do dreadwastes. Since you can fly questing there is not to bad. That 489 necklaces at honored might get you over. Just need 1250 vp.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Hunter
02/06/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Bauvine
I can't get my rep for the Klaxxi up to revered to get the commendation in the first place. Suddenly they just stopped giving quests. Apparently I'm waiting on some Pandaren to make a brew out of kodo teeth. Seems to be taking a while.

You need to do the 2 extra questhubs to free 2 more paragons before they give you new quests. And first time you need a few dailies to get over. I said for alts with the commendation.

You have access to their necklace though if you have the vp.
Edited by Littledeer on 2/6/2013 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
02/06/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Littledeer
You might want to do dreadwastes. Since you can fly questing there is not to bad. That 489 necklaces at honored might get you over. Just need 1250 vp.

Yea I know, I really should do DW, but ..... for the near future I'm planning to focus more on group content, because I've been soloing since 85th level & I'm just tired of it. I'll get back to DW eventually, once I get bored with dungeons & scenarios :)
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight

Do the arena scenario.
There is a quest inside there that rewards a iLevel 450 weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I was at 433 when I hit 90, without touching Dread Wastes or finishing Townlong. I immediately got a Sha group, which got me new shoes & I also got lucky enough to score ilevel 496 gloves. Those two pieces alone put me at 443. A few relatively inexpensive purchases from the AH put me at 446, & this morning a run through Gates got me a 463 necklace, raising me to 447.

Could just que for Arena of Annihilation. Get quest first from Temple of the White Tiger. Auto 450 ilvl weapon for about 8min work. Or blacksmith make a 463 with an offhand 476 one from the scripters.

Also don't forget about the honor gear 458, It is basicly the same as JP ones with a bonus pvp power-res. just gem it to damage instead of pvp. The stats are so close for now.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Fastest way is do dailies. The new loot system has much lower drop rate and the RNG is bad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I bought my alts the 458 PvP crafted gear and DMF trinket, got the 476 Sha boots, and if I have spare mats on my crafters I can make most 476 weapons/armor upgrades. It's really not that difficult, and running heroics with a healer/tank friend fills in the gaps easily enough to get into LFR.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]