Implement LFR - Let it ride loot option

81 Dwarf Mage
I would like to see the option (since we can't trade away LFR loot that we win) of 'Letting it ride" which would give a player another roll just like an Elder Charm roll.

The new LFR looting system is a vast improvement over the old, but it judging by my luck I have had to vendor more pieces then equip. Any thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Like so many other let's-fix-LFR suggestions, this one falls into the "system that would be very easy to game to inflate a given person's chance to collect loot", which is one of the things that the devs were trying to get away from with the MoP LFR system.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/31/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Tendays
Like so many other let's-fix-LFR suggestions, this one falls into the "system that would be very easy to game to inflate a given person's chance to collect loot", which is one of the things that the devs were trying to get away from with the MoP LFR system.

Yet we seem to have the greatest disparity between those who get drops and those who don't with the current system. Individual rng isn't working out.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
There's some sort of system in the works, but the devs aren't ready to talk about it yet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/31/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Whitebunny
Yet we seem to have the greatest disparity between those who get drops and those who don't with the current system.

It seems that way? According to what?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
01/31/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Tarski
Yet we seem to have the greatest disparity between those who get drops and those who don't with the current system.

According to people's individual anecdotal evidence of "I haven't gotten my Sha-Touched weapon yet."
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
ummmm...I thought tokens were the "let it ride" option....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

Yet we seem to have the greatest disparity between those who get drops and those who don't with the current system. Individual rng isn't working out.

It may only seem that way because the people with terrible luck are most often the most vocal about it, especially on these forums. People with really good luck or ok luck are far less vocal.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
ok, but then how would it decide who gets the extra roll? why should one player get an extra roll over another? what if the same player wins extra rolls every boss and other players still get none?

there is no possible way a 'pass my roll' to someone else system can be perfectly fair or perfectly unexploitable. it might not make everyone happy, but the current system is the closest thing we have to either
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
It may only seem that way because the people with terrible luck are most often the most vocal about it, especially on these forums. People with really good luck or ok luck are far less vocal.

No, it's usually people with really good luck, but think that only winning 5 items per week is bad luck.
Edited by Postonforums on 2/1/2013 12:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Heh, dunno about the system, but I think it's just individual toons luck plays a roll. Over the last month, nothing drops for my shammy in lfr, but this monk gets all the loot. Just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
The game cant spell your name to mail you your bags of gold, so it just gives you epics.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

According to people's individual anecdotal evidence of "I haven't gotten my Sha-Touched weapon yet."
Well, not just one item, but yep. A percentage, maybe a very low percentage, of people are not getting drops in lfr for many weeks. Others have fine luck and gear up at a reasonable pace. Some are very lucky and get gear very quickly. This is what disparity means.

In DS lfr you could have bad luck on your rolls, but as other people got gear, your chances went up.
Edited by Whitebunny on 2/1/2013 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
the blues posted that you get at least 1 item per week via the system with additional being a chance.

Checkmate to all the people making their "I never win loot" posts that are wearing 12 lfr pieces.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

"Seem to" being the operative phrase. What are you judging by here, forum posters? A third of the forum posters are cherry-picking data and think it's obscene if they don't get a piece of loot every few LFR sections, another third are on alts so we can't prove them wrong, and the last third were too stupid to post on alts.

Well, not just one item, but yep. A percentage, maybe a very low percentage, of people are not getting drops in lfr for many weeks. Others have fine luck and gear up at a reasonable pace. Some are very lucky and get gear very quickly. This is what disparity means.

I have yet to see someone actually post who hasn't gotten something to drop in LFR for "many weeks." I have yet to see someone post who hasn't been gearing up at a reasonable pace.

Speaking of which, what's "reasonable"? Bear in mind that the typical poster views "reasonable" as "I'm done gearing in a couple weeks."
Edited by Hyjinx on 2/1/2013 4:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
the blues posted that you get at least 1 item per week via the system with additional being a chance.

Checkmate to all the people making their "I never win loot" posts that are wearing 12 lfr pieces.
I see that this argument already played out in a different thread. You appear to be incorrect. Where is this blue post?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
@Hyjinx
Okay, what do you think the greatest difference is between the player with very good luck and the player with very bad luck in lfr? How do you think this compares non-lfr raid loot distribution?
Edited by Whitebunny on 2/4/2013 5:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
@Hyjinx
Okay, what do you think the greatest difference is between the player with very good luck and the player with very bad luck in lfr? How do you think this compares non-lfr raid loot distribution?

The point is that I haven't seen anyone with very bad luck.

It compares fine. It's very possible to go a couple weeks in Normal and Heroic without getting a piece of loot. It's very possible that you won't have everything you want by the end of the tier. It's very possible that a specific item will take months to acquire.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
"Letting it Ride" doesn't exactly say which person gets another roll. How do you determine that?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

In DS lfr you could have bad luck on your rolls, but as other people got gear, your chances went up.

Unfortunately that's not how it worked in practice. As other people got gear they stopped running. People running who already had the gear (or better) would roll on it anyway just to DE or sell because hey, why not? It was a system with the same potential for bad RNG (zomg why did Deathwing drop 4 daggers?) with the added potential to be screwed over by other people.

Now it's just the potential for bad RNG.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]