Level Alchemy or Level My Alchemist?

90 Troll Warrior
Greetings! I was hoping someone could help me with a little debate I've been having with myself.

This fellow is a Blacksmith, and just recently reaching 90 I finally found out that living steel comes from alchemy transmutations.

Now, I have a mage alchemist, but I haven't touched that character since Cata so he is still lvl 85 with 525 alchemy. My first thought was to run that character up to 90.

However, I thought it might be beneficial to raise it on this character. While it may be silly to raise a second alchemist it would save me from going through Pandaria questing again, and I wouldn't have to switch between characters for a BS/Alchemist combo. Not to mention the double perk of having two primary professions on one character.

So any input? Should I drop cash and level alchemy on this guy? Or should I get over the drudgery of a second quest grind and get my previous main to 90?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
I tend to swap out professions. I'm currently leveling up another 90 because I didn't like they way my druid was playing out at 90. If I could stand to keep playing him, no way would I go through the questing progress again.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Why not just level to 600 alchemy on the mage and keep him at level 85? You don't need to be at max level to reach 600 and the way to level alchemy is by discoveries.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
01/31/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Phígment
Why not just level to 600 alchemy on the mage and keep him at level 85? You don't need to be at max level to reach 600 and the way to level alchemy is by discoveries.

Ah, that is also another option. I guess I assumed 90 was a requirement. Then again, I was also thinking having the flask perk could be a good stat boost for my warrior alongside with his BS perks.

I know I can also just make/send him flasks from my alchemist, or I could get a minor damage boost by dropping mining and leveling alchemy.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I'd just level the mage's alchemy. Herbs (at least on my server) aren't too expensive, and it doesn't take a lot of work to level Alchemy from 525 to 600 (I have three, one of each spec). If you're dead set against buying herbs, you can always farm them up yourself at Sunsong Ranch, provided you're at least Revered with Tillers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I got 600 Alchemy on two toons the day Mists of Pandaria was released. Both were 85. I have level 600 tailoring/enchanting on an 81 DK. The only reason to level her are for the rep enchants. I'll get to those eventually but I can make what I really need (or save up Sha Crystals and ask for a guildmates help should I ever get a weapon worthy of my gem) at her level now.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
A level 85 can cap alchemy and transmute living steel once a day without issue. No need to level anything other then those last 75 points.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]