Achievements on armory

7 Worgen Druid
Already posted this on a sticky but...

I was on the armory and when someone earned an achievement it showed this

[Ruby] has earned the achievement [(null)]!

I asked what it was and they said level 10

Now I don't know if this is a common (or 100%) glitch... Or just some weird glitch but please look into it
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Is anyone else experiencing issues with achievements in guild chat?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Sorry I know this is a little old but yes I just experienced it again...it seems to be every time someone reaches level 10. Possibly because we can't view their profiles before level 10? Not sure
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
Sorry I know this is a little old but yes I just experienced it again...it seems to be every time someone reaches level 10. Possibly because we can't view their profiles before level 10? Not sure

We'll take a look into this to see if it's widespread or isolated.

What device model, OS version, network carrier, and Mobile Armory version are you using?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I use an iPhone 4s...all up to date on os and armory...just to clarify what happens...any character below level 10 you cannot view their profile. It says character level is too low. Once they hit level 10 armory says they have earned the achievement null...then everything appears normally in profile, as well as any further achievements. It's not a huge problem I was just curious about it and found this thread. If it is a problem for blizz I hope this info will help
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
It helps a lot. Thank you, Vishus. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
This just happened to me too. Two characters in my guild (who I've never heard of before) achieved the same thing. Ex: [Dolorus] has earned the achievement [(null)]!

I tried checking this character out in my mobile armory, but they didn't exist on the Antonidas server. Someone else got the same achievement at the same time as well, and they had no trace of them when I searched for them either. They logged off at the same time when we asked who they were. (Creepy o_O)
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
This just happened to me too. Two characters in my guild (who I've never heard of before) achieved the same thing. Ex: [Dolorus] has earned the achievement [(null)]!

I tried checking this character out in my mobile armory, but they didn't exist on the Antonidas server. Someone else got the same achievement at the same time as well, and they had no trace of them when I searched for them either. They logged off at the same time when we asked who they were. (Creepy o_O)

This character is level 10 and is currently in your guild. I just checked. The reason you didn't find them prior to this is because that character's level was less than 10. Characters with a level less than 10 do not have Character Profiles on our website or the app, for bandwidth reasons. This data is pulled from WoW at regular intervals, where it is in then cached for web and mobile use. It takes time for this process to complete so when you searched for Dolorus, their character profile had not yet been created and/or was not yet being picked up by web and mobile.

The bugged achievement is for a character in a guild reaching "Level 10" but it's actually not an issue with the achievement, it's due to the lack of a character profile. That's why this only happens with the level 10 achievement and yet is not a problem with the achievement itself.

Our team knows about this but we have not found a solution. We *may* have one in the next Mobile Armory update, but the very nature of the issue is a conflict with "intended" application behavior that helps lessen the load on the server. The easy solutions for this null bug would inadvertently create more server strain. We'll do what we can in future updates!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]