PVP broken. Plz fix. Not fun.

90 Night Elf Druid
Stun, silence, fear, stun dead. Lotta fun Blizz. What were you thinking. Do you actually play the game? Please put it back to when battles were actual competitions, not freaking stun fests.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
your obviously new, the idea of cc is to add difficulty and coordination to the game. If there was no cc , then everyone would just hit and or dps each other. Then what is there to separate the good players from the bad players and the good teams from the bad teams?
Healers would also have no trouble topping peoples health up.

I sugest you practice a lot more, learn to cc and learn about arena and bg positioning , this should minimise the amount of cc that is thrown your way.
Edited by Cleaveland on 2/1/2013 10:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Uh, no. CC is a huge issue right now, ESPECIALLY in battlegrounds. It's true that CC adds complexity to the game and raises the skill cap, but when you can pretty much chain lockdown someone without much effort, trinket or not, that's a problem.

Currently there's half a dozen cc's that don't really share dr's with anything, and thus allow people that use them to just spam everything on the person without even taking diminishing returns into equation.

Best example: warriors. Charge on different Dr from shockwave + fear + spell reflect + aoe interrupt + targeted interrupt, given some of those are talents, these are all forms of CC. It gets worse with more different classes in the mix, which is why BGs are such a !@#$% to play. You end up getting chain cc'd with something like sap-stun-silence-stun-banish-disorient-fear-stun-silence-banish-fear-incap, all of those lasting full or half duration (can actually be full in all cases) and chains up to a minute of full cc, and can be repeated afterward. Trinket? Trinket will allow you to be not cc'd for at most 6 seconds of that equation, but you're still susceptible to a dozen of anything else... mind you that combo right there can be applied by just 3 people, 2 people can do sustained for about 30-40 seconds.

So once again, yes, CC is an issue, claiming otherwise is to be an ignorant moron.
Reply Quote
71 Tauren Druid
way too much ccing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
your obviously new, the idea of cc is to add difficulty and coordination to the game. If there was no cc , then everyone would just hit and or dps each other. Then what is there to separate the good players from the bad players and the good teams from the bad teams?
Healers would also have no trouble topping peoples health up.

I sugest you practice a lot more, learn to cc and learn about arena and bg positioning , this should minimise the amount of cc that is thrown your way.

Yeah u can say that cause u are a rogue and full of stuns and disarms. What skill does it take to sap (yeah i know it breaks) stun, disarm, and stun again in 10 secs and the other player might as well just sit back and wait to rez..that takes no skill. I am not for taking away CC's in BGs..we need them..all classes do, but to say it takes skill to kill ur opponent while u can stun them 3 or 4 times over and just beat on them is stupid....that does not take skill. The skill comes in when ur opponent lives through it and kills u anyway. CC's have their place but they do need to be toned down some
Edited by Delitefulsyn on 2/2/2013 1:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I agree that this is an issue.

One thing is how long stun lasts. I always thought a stun should not last long like it stops a big move.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Agree with OP
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
too much cc, and waaaaaaaay too big of a gear gap. AND it is a one shot fest. players need to last longer if were gonna take so much damage. I like the new 40% resil base, but then they gave us anti resil (pvp power) which is pretty stupid.

I remember a time when pvp was fun. It just isn't anymore. give us back wrath resil. It at least made sense. or make resil reduce the damage or critical strikes. hey there's an idea, make resil make sense!
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
extreem ccing to the point its annoying,people win trading for gear,1 hitting,bots,speed hacking ect...ect...ect... yup its broken.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
02/02/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Shazaaman
too much cc, and waaaaaaaay too big of a gear gap. AND it is a one shot fest.
You are becoming a whiner... it is not becoming. You are a resto shaman, which is the strongest healer in game. Your gear isn't even that bad. Please stop the whining.
Reply Quote
83 Undead Priest
^^^

I don't know what she said (the ignore function is awesome) but whatever it is, I'm gonna go ahead and say it's useless. I'd bet my dog on it.

1. Exponential stat progression on gear
2. Expanded cc
3. 2, combined with no tuning of pvp trinket or dr
4. Premades being allowed, due to their angst over the difficulties of the above three, to join the random queues in ever larger numbers, ensuring misery that will drive 5.
5. Slow patch cycles. Existing problems exist far too long in a world of of push updates - players complain much more.

This is a pretty good list. The ever-higher numbers are supposed to give people a feeling that they are getting more powerful. It works to a certain extent. A good rule of thumb to deal with it is to just divide all the damage/healing and so on by 10 or 100 (whatever scale you prefer).

Expanded cc is not a bad thing in and of itself, but the lack of a concurrent expansion in the methods used to deal with it is producing some ill feeling. (The healing levels in pvp are tied into this point as well, but I haven't done the math on that, and don't want to comment from ignorance.)

Premades, I'm beginning to think, will be addressed pretty soon. The overall attitude of the developers has been made clear, and that is what will determine the fate of the premade>5. (To be clear, I think they need to go.)

The idea of slow patch cycles could be countered with the preference for instant gratification. Either way, it is a factor.

I would add the concept of the rbg as a negative influence. Giving people a metric that is perceived as an indication of skill has resulted in certain specs and classes being ignored. While we're arguing over what is more effective, Blizzard is concerned with making sure that everyone's preferred class/spec is as effective as another. It has become a case of conflicting interests in that regard.

(edit: double post)
Edited by Agnus on 2/2/2013 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
83 Undead Priest
So, 6 is what?

6. RBG failing to become a meaningful playground for the premades pushes #4 to critical limits. RBG needs to be addressed, made accessible to those that feel they more involved than "casuals".

?

How to phrase it...

Give me a few, I'll come back and edit in a proper response.

Edit:

6. RBG's have become a sort of professional league, with a certain level of performance required to even attempt to play. This has the effect of making them a "higher level", one that is dismissed by the vast majority of players.

RBG's are an elitist microcosm that most players are not interested in, or able to easily partake of. I think this is the root of the problem. In essence, I think your characterization is not far off, but to be accepted it has to be rephrased so as not to alienate certain portions of the population.
Edited by Agnus on 2/2/2013 9:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
83 Undead Priest
Well, I did edit it. better than random players has a competitive, negative connotation that they would not like...

Oh, I wasn't trying to be snarky, I needed some time to consider my response.

I completely understand interpreting that as an attack though, I should have been more clear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Mages have a 4 second cc (deep freeze. lasts 4 seconds).
poly morph breaks when you attack. rogues and warriors get stuns and can keep attacking.
improved counterspell is leaving the game ( thanks blizzard I wont be paying to keep playing a class that has continuously being nerfed)
As a horde mage I get 1 trinket to use to break cc. so after I get stunned the first time, pop a trinket ten I get stunned a second time, pop ice block, stunned again after ice block is over and im still on a cd.
yet I can polymorph someone, they pop a trinket, poly again, pop another trinket, poly again and I get IMMUNE.

remove cc from pvp and make the game more fun. crowd control is stupid especially when most classes have multiple 6 scond stuns ( sorry shammys)
Reply Quote
83 Undead Priest
lol. No, I didn't assume you were attacking me. Before you even posted, I had seen my error, and edited it. You were quite correct, and incidentally you now know why nearly all of my posts has at least an edit or two.

These boards are so adversarial, it gets to me. I apologize again for assuming you would respond in such a manner. (I have now edited my post to reflect yours.)

Mages have a 4 second cc....multiple 6 scond stuns ( sorry shammys)

I think you are being a bit too specific. More than half of any solution is identifying the problem correctly. Better to ignore classes and specs and consider the problem with a more inclusive mindset.
Edited by Agnus on 2/2/2013 9:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]