Retina Macbook Pro 15-inch FPS issue.

90 Night Elf Rogue
The Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch is a brand new laptop that I received it yesterday.
But I am only getting 15-20 FPS with full ultra on graphic settings.

This is the spec for my laptop:
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C3103)

It is just very strange to me that a brand new 2012 laptop cannot run WoW smoothly.. Thus I am going to have to guess something must be set up wrong on my laptop, so I want to ask you guys if you guys have any tips to optimize the setting so I can run WoW smoothly. Or is there a problem with rMBP running WoW at the moment?
Thanks a lot.
Edited by Newest on 2/2/2013 7:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
2.6 GHZ with only 1GB of video ram isn't a lot to move along a retina display on ultra max settings IMO. I'd have gone with a desktop for the price of that brand new MacBook Pro and got like 3-4 times the computer. Try recommended settings though.

And next time stop by tech support at: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011702/

P.S. There is someone there complaining of Retina Display crashes so just something to think about...

&

Don't make duplicate threads!
Edited by Mælstromedes on 2/1/2013 11:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hm.. buy the most overpriced, underspecced laptop on the market and then complain that WoW doesn't run well with the graphics settings maxed out. I thought they stopped making 1Mb video cards in the late 90s.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Macs are for people who like fancy things that are expensive that they can tell other people they have one. PC is for people who like to game and have fun and make a TOP of the line gaming rig for under 1k. Macs are known for fps issues as well as overheating while gaming.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am going to save you from the jerks you find in this forum. You did not buy the wrong computer. Wow on a mac out performs a PC any day. Apples drivers are highly optimized for OpenGL performance. IOS gaming which uses pretty much the same development kit and code base as the mac and is the number one mobile gaming platform in the world.

That being said, there seems to be a bug out there. Some have said the 32bit client works fine so you might want to try that.

I get 50-100 fps on my macbook air that only has an intel 3000 hd. I have tested the same machine using windows and the fps is ~20fps on fair. So much for Windows performance as a gaming machine.

A proper implementation of OpenGL absolutely kills directx any day. You can stop listening to jerks who know nothing.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794322614?page=7
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I am going to save you from the jerks you find in this forum. You did not buy the wrong computer. Wow on a mac out performs a PC any day. Apples drivers are highly optimized for OpenGL performance. IOS gaming which uses pretty much the same development kit and code base as the mac and is the number one mobile gaming platform in the world.

That being said, there seems to be a bug out there. Some have said the 32bit client works fine so you might want to try that.

I get 50-100 fps on my macbook air that only has an intel 3000 hd. I have tested the same machine using windows and the fps is ~20fps on fair. So much for Windows performance as a gaming machine.

A proper implementation of OpenGL absolutely kills directx any day. You can stop listening to jerks who know nothing.

So you are not having any issues with FPS at all?

How did you do it? What was your solution?
Edited by Newest on 2/2/2013 2:17 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]