'Tip: Nobody has seen Alleria and Turalyon..'

(Locked)

100 Troll Hunter
So, i was just logging into the game and the tip 'Nobodu has seen Alleria and Turalyon in years' shows up on my load screen.

Now, for those who dont follow the lore, Alleria Windrunner is the older sister of Forsaken leader Sylvannis and Turalyon is a human paladin and her husband. They lead the Alliance's initial expedition through the Dark Portal during the original Warcraft games and have to date never appeared in WoW. The common belief tends to be that they wound up on Argus, homeworld of the Burning Crusade.

With this tip showing up now, I wonder if that means they will finally be popping up sometime in the near-ish future. Say, in the next expansion. One that this tip may indicate will indeed be sending us to Argus (and may even see an Outland revamp). Any opinions?

Also, I have to wonder, where will Alleria's loyalties lie? With her native race being members of the Horde and her little sister being one of the Horde leaders, yet her son and husband both being firmly Alliance, she will very likely have conflicted interests that might cause problems. Opinions?
100 Human Paladin
Her other sister, Vereesa, has no problem going against Sylvanas. Probably because Vereesa can see that Sylvanas isn't the person she used to be. Alleria would have her loyalty firmly planted with the Alliance, barring any stupid "Lets cause drama in this story for no good reason other than we can!" bullcrap pulled by the writers.
100 Goblin Shaman
So, i was just logging into the game and the tip 'Nobodu has seen Alleria and Turalyon in years' shows up on my load screen.

Now, for those who dont follow the lore, Alleria Windrunner is the older sister of Forsaken leader Sylvannis and Turalyon is a human paladin and her husband. They lead the Alliance's initial expedition through the Dark Portal during the original Warcraft games and have to date never appeared in WoW. The common belief tends to be that they wound up on Argus, homeworld of the Burning Crusade.

With this tip showing up now, I wonder if that means they will finally be popping up sometime in the near-ish future. Say, in the next expansion. One that this tip may indicate will indeed be sending us to Argus (and may even see an Outland revamp). Any opinions?

Also, I have to wonder, where will Alleria's loyalties lie? With her native race being members of the Horde and her little sister being one of the Horde leaders, yet her son and husband both being firmly Alliance, she will very likely have conflicted interests that might cause problems. Opinions?

I personally think that the Sha are similar entities to dreadlords. They possess people first of all, and it would also make it possible for your theory to work in MoP.

I think Pandaria has a portal open somewhere which is letting in Sha, just as the dark portal let orcs through to azeroth.

It makes perfect sense to me, but I'm no lore junky....i do like writing stories, though. :D
55 Gnome Death Knight
02/02/2013 02:04 AMPosted by Denrizzur

She'll likely remain Alliance-sided. Not all her race went over to the Horde, there's still a small core group of Alliance-aligned High Elves. The forces she left behind in Outland remained Alliance-aligned too.

Alleria became an extremely obsessive orc-hater as time went on. The likelihood of her being open to the Horde is slim.

But then again, never doubt the neutrality ball.
90 Gnome Priest
02/02/2013 02:41 AMPosted by Cirno
But then again, never doubt the neutrality ball

Honestly, I think she will be at least neutral to those who play as Blood Elves if she ends up being alliance friendly. Otherwise, my gut feeling tells me that she will become one of the new blood elven leaders even if her husband returns to the alliance. I think they will work together to bring the two conflicting sides together to face the greater evil of Sargeras in the next expansion. This could be an interesting story to explore.

02/02/2013 02:41 AMPosted by Cirno
Alleria became an extremely obsessive orc-hater as time went on. The likelihood of her being open to the Horde is slim.

That was then, this is now... Today's horde is very different. Her homeland is now (questionably) horde and I think she will ally with whatever faction Quel'Thalas is allied with as she is a sworn protector of it and its people through her role as a Fastsrider.

One that this tip may indicate will indeed be sending us to Argus (and may even see an Outland revamp). Any opinions?

Please.. YES!!! This is going to be my favourite lore expansion. However, if bliz wants to squeeze another expansion between now and the one that takes us to level 100, I hope it will leave the Argus one until 95-100 or 90-100, which ever path it takes.

I would love to see changes implemented in the blood elven starting/home zone (rebuilding of silvermoon/other areas, perhaps some healing of the deadscar... some signals to highlight the return of the Sunwell...). Heck, even the draenei starting zone needs some updating. I know it is lore-wise meant to be a race on the brink of disaster after their crash on their home isles in azeroth, however, maybe this could be lifted a little? Perhaps more lore development and another class added (warlock would be interesting) would help this. I really feel sorry for draenei RPers. Maybe the option of having a broken draenei - given the upcoming reskins for the races...
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Should keep her and Turalyon alliance sided. Horde have a good cache of awesome heroes but I think alliance sort of lacks in this category. I've only ever really liked Tirion and he's pretty neutral. Make them badass and make them alliance, it would be interesting to see the tables flip like that.
90 Worgen Warrior
02/03/2013 07:02 AMPosted by Merlìn
Honestly, I think she will be at least neutral to those who play as Blood Elves if she ends up being alliance friendly.
Lor'themar ordered that every high elf that didn't drink demon juice was to be expelled from Quel'thalas. She has no reason to even tolerate blood elves.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Um dumb question but isn't she standing in Dalaran near the Flight Master? (Alleria), could have sworn it was her because I recognized the last name Windrunner and was like, Oh, that's right she is related to her. Or is that the other sister?
90 Night Elf Druid
02/03/2013 07:12 AMPosted by Darstine
She has no reason to even tolerate blood elves.

This is Blizzard we're talking about here. At best, both will be neutral.

Or they've both gone craaaaazy/been corrupted and now must be killed for purples. How's that for a tweest?
100 Human Mage
I used to use Alleria's "you never touch the other elves like that" for one of my computer's error messages.

Alleria being a powerful figure may be what stops her sister from going the rest of the way over the edge.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/03/2013 07:32 AMPosted by Elylvannia
Um dumb question but isn't she standing in Dalaran near the Flight Master? (Alleria), could have sworn it was her because I recognized the last name Windrunner and was like, Oh, that's right she is related to her. Or is that the other sister?

You're thinking of another character totally. Alleria and Turalyon are nowhere to be found in-game because they're MIA lore-wise after they went through the Dark Portal with their expedition force. And I'm standing in Krasus's Landing right now where the Flight Master is, and there's absolutely NO NPC with the surname 'Windrunner' or anything remotely close to it.

These are the NPC's I see:
Hira Snowdawn <Cold Weather Flying Trainer>
Aludane Whitecloud <Flight Master>
Jean Pierre Poulain <Argent Tournament Valiant>
Archmage Pentarus
Sky-Reaver Klum
Officer Van Rossem
Linda Ann Kastinglow
Arcanist Alec

That's every named NPC I see at Krasus's Landing in the area you indicated.
Edited by Asona on 2/3/2013 8:08 AM PST
6 Blood Elf Paladin
With this tip showing up now

Tip has been there for ages m8, perhaps you should look at the tip more often
90 Dwarf Warrior
Alleria is a very good friend to Lor'themar (or at least was) during the Second War. Lor'themar did not ban High elves from joining them or he would not allow thema t the sunwell like does now
100 Undead Mage

Farseer Nobodu sees a lot of people.
100 Orc Warrior
Let's not forget that Alleria really likes to kill orcs. I mean REALLY likes to kill orcs. One time she went through the Dark Portal and killed like a million orcs. She then turned around to her hubby and the ambient noise for all of Draenor went R-rated and then the whole damn planet exploded.
Edited by Gorkag on 2/3/2013 12:33 PM PST
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/02/2013 02:39 AMPosted by Chawana
I think Pandaria has a portal open somewhere which is letting in Sha, just as the dark portal let orcs through to azeroth.

Um ... did you not notice the Well of Eternity right outside the Mogu palace in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms?
90 Tauren Druid
They never call, they never write. I'm just going to eat this pie I baked all by myself!
90 Tauren Druid
02/03/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Tasida

Um ... did you not notice the Well of Eternity right outside the Mogu palace in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms?

Is THAT what that is?

If I spit into it, how long does it take to reach the bottom?
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Alleria has been sucked into the alternate dimension of Dota2 (even though sylvaanas was used for the original model of windrunner)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]